Chapter 1

We Meet Again

I ran down the stairs in a hurry, grabbed a slice of bread and stuffed an apple in my bag before running out of the house. Kang Gary and Jihyo were outside looking back at me but I just waved them off before getting in my car. Once I reached my destination I quickly put on my uniform, which was just a black suit with my nametag. God, I hated working at the customer service desk but they did get paid a lot, especially since this is one of the biggest malls in Soeul. I fixed myself up and sat down at the front with my laptop open. Every day was a different job; it was between three positions and every other day it would rotate, for ex, today I’m working the customer service and tomorrow I’ll be in cash office then the day after I’ll be working in a regular store. It’s a lot of work but it sure helps paying the bills and keeping my dad’s restaurant. I’m not poor or anything, I just like having money for myself. I looked at my screen and opened up a game of solitaire. Solitaire was my favorite game; I would play it with my childhood friend. Thinking about him always makes me ask myself; is he eating well? Does he have a good life? I would like to ask him those questions to his face but I don’t exactly know where he is and what he looks like now. Maybe he has lots of flaws? Maybe he’s scrawny or maybe he’s a body builder? Who knows? I shook my head, shaking out all the thoughts about him. I continued my game until, out the corner of my eyes, I see someone standing there. I glance over and it’s HaHa. His real name is Ha Dong Hoon, Haha for short, and he is my best friend. He actually got me the job here because he has connections with the CEO of this mall.

“You’re always playing solitaire can you at least talk to me?” Haha grabbed a chair and placed it beside him then taking a seat and leaning in.

“I always talk to you. Why can’t I do both?”

“Because I don’t want you to.” He laughed sinisterly.

“You’re creepy.”

“You are too.” He slapped my arm before getting out a pile of papers.

“What’s that?” I asked trying to glance at the papers but Haha kept moving.

“Oh, just some paperwork that needs to be filled out by the end of my shift.”

“Hm. That .” I got back to my game.

“Uh…yeah…I wanted to know if you can help me out with some of these.” He pleaded before giving me the annoying puppy eyes. I slammed my computer closed and glared at him.

“I kind of have to, hyung. It’s not like a have a choice.” He thanked me then gave me some of his papers. The papers weren’t hard and I finished them quickly but I could tell Haha was having trouble so I grabbed the papers out of his hands and continued from where he stopped. This might’ve been his plan to begin with but at least they don’t have to bug us about finishing these late. When I finished I continued with a new game and waited until somebody needed me.

“Excuse me?” A small voice asked.

“I wanted to return this but the worker says that I can’t return it because it was final sale. She never told me it was final sale and now I’m stuck with this shirt that I don’t want anymore.” She looked like she was about to cry but she kept it in.

“Look, miss, I understand your frustrations, if it was me I’d be pissed too but there must’ve been a sign saying it was final sale.” She shook her head.

“There was nothing there.”

“Okay. Bring me to the store and I’ll talk to the worker.”  She walked me into a girly store and the worker rolled her eyes.

“I already told the woman that it can’t be returned.”

“Show me the sign that says final sale.” I was annoyed by this woman already. She sighed and walked over to the sign. I looked at it and could not believe how small the sign was. “This is a disgrace. This sign should be bigger and before selling the shirt you should’ve told her it was final sale. You will return her money and let her return the shirt or you will give her store credit.” The worker looked at me, shocked, and I huffed back.

“I want my money back. I will not be shopping here again.” The lady was pissed.

“Okay, I’ll refund you,” She said to the customer, “but my boss will be hearing about this.” She stormed off taking the shirt and giving the money back. The lady came back to me and thanked me happily.

“No problem, miss.” With that, I walked back to the customer service booth and sat down where I was earlier.

“I hope I don’t get fired for that or any sort of problems.” I said aloud, sighing.              


 

Small chapter, i know, but its only the first chapter. I'll make sure to make the next one long!!!