Confession: Perfect Two

What It Feels To Be In Love

Song: Perfect Two by Auburn


It was an ordinary cold night in Seoul, probably the best time to just be a lazy- and sleep all night. Or probably, spend the night with someone you love. Unfortunately, Key can't do it.

Key worked part-time in a coffee shop just by the park, and every night, he would always see couples drinking from one cup, or cuddling on a couch and Key just got fed up with it. Maybe, it was because he never had someone to cuddle, or someone to be with.

It was nine-ten, and more couples entered the coffee shop, sat down on couches, and cuddled each other.

" If only I had someone to cuddle." Key thought to himself.

He just shrugged the thought off and went back to being a waiter. That's basically how he spent his nights, serving, and looking at couples publicly displaying their affection. But, that wasn't just it for his nights.

Because every night, a short-haired girl enters the café, orders something, sits down, and reads a book afterwards. Key knew it. He was totally attracted to her.

He waited for her to enter, and eventually, she did. She immediately ordered a cappuccino and some peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Key volunteered to serve the food to her, and he thinks, that it was his chance. A chance to ask her out.

Yes, it was a little stupid, she didn't know him, and he didn't even know her name, but Key knew that if this goes well, who knows what might go in the future.

After everything was prepared, Key placed her food on the tray and slowly walked up to her.

" You can do this, Key. I know you can."

He shook it off and said:

" One cappuccino and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for the lady. Enjoy your meal."

" Thanks Key." she said.

Key widened his eyes, because she knew his name. Still quite confused and amazed, he asked:

" How do you know my name?"

" Nametag." she said as she pointed at the name tag.

" Oh, yeah. I have a nametag." Key said, his amazement dying out.

" Anyway, thanks for this." she said as she immediately got back to reading her book.

Key simply smiled as he turned around to leave, but, before that, he saw something. Just hanging by her bag, she saw her name on the bag tag.

" You're welcome, Amber." Key replied.

Amber immediately placed her book down and asked:

" Okay, how do you know my name?"

" Bag tag." Key replied as he pointed at it.

Amber chuckled and said:

" I see what you did there, you're smart."

" No, I'm just observant. Speaking of being observant, I see that you're eating peanut butter and jelly sandwich." Key said.

" Yeah, it's my favorite sandwich." Amber replied.

" Are you kidding? I love peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It's my favorite too." Key said.

" Oh my gosh! Really? It's really rare to find people in their twenties still enjoying this sandwich.  Key, which do you like more, peanut butter, or the jelly?" Amber asked.

" The jelly." Key replied.

" Ooh, too bad. I like the peanut butter more." Amber said.

" But, it'd be kinda cool, you know. It's like, you can be the peanut butter to my jelly." Key said.

Key knew, and maybe Amber knew it, Key was flirting with her.

Amber just chuckled and asked:

 " Or what, you can be butterflies I feel in my belly?"

Key was confused and he asked:

" Butterflies? You mean, you're nervous?"

" No, you look nervous. Key, I have feeling you want to tell me something, so, tell me now. Come on, sit down."Amber said as she offered him the other seat.

Key sat down and said:

" Um, Amber."

" Yeah?" she replied.

" I know that this sounds crazy, but, I like you. You seem smart and kind and I really hoped that I'd get to know you someday." Key said.

Amber just nodded her head.

" Amber, I know it's kinda weird for me to tell you that I have feelings for you, but, I'd really like to be honest with you.  I think, something great will happen, and I know that because it's something I feel." Key continued.

" Something like destiny?" Amber asked.

" Yeah, something like that. It's like you're the apple to my pie and you're the straw to my berry . I feel something between us. It's like we're compatible." Key replied.

It was silent for a moment, before Amber asked:

" So, you felt it too, huh?"

" What do you mean?" Key asked.

" Key, I thought I was the only one who felt that. I've seen you a lot of times in here and I knew that you were different. You were someone else. I also felt that we were compatible. You can be the captain and I can be your first mate, or you can be the hero and I can be your sidekick." Amber replied.

Key couldn't hide the fact that he was blushing like mad. So, he hid his face and asked:

" So, technically, you liked me too?"

" Yeah, I do. Even until now. I really feel it, Key. We're compatible. You can be the prince and I can be your princess. You can be the sweet tooth I can be the dentist.You can be the shoes and I can be the laces." Amber replied.

" Or you can be the vodka and I can be the chaser. You can be the pencil and I can be the paper." Key added.

" Whatever you say, Key. It will mean the same. You're the one for me, and I'm the one for you. If you take the both of us, we're the perfect two. We're compatible." Amber said.

Key smiled at her and she smiled at him back.

" So, can I ask you out on a date? Let's say, Friday? We can watch a movie?" Key asked.

" Friday sounds great." Amber said as she leaned forward and gave Key a peck on the cheek.

Key smiled as he blushed like mad. He was about to reach out for Amber's hand when suddenly his manager came up to him and said:

" Key, what are you doing? Get back to work!"

" Oh, Mianhae." Key said as he stood up and got back to work.

But before that, he turned to Amber and said:

" See you on Friday then."

Amber smiled and replied:

" You know, you can be the chills that I feel on our first date."

Key smiled as he turned around and got back to work. Key was happy he knew that. He finally knew that someone out there eels the same way he feels. It was someone he felt he was compatible with.Someone perfect.

The Perfect Two. Me and You.