Saying Hi Wasn't So Hard

Saying Hi Wasn't So Hard

Chen loved being the center of attention. He loved being loud with his 12 best friends, and driving the teachers insane. He walked into class, and took his seat at the back next to Park Chanyeol, one of the louder people in the group. The teacher had to talk to them the most. Class started, and the 12 rowdy boys pretended to be attentive.

Chen took this opportunity to daydream. There was this new girl at school, ____, and Chen just couldn’t get her out of his mind. He tried several times, but failed. She was by far, the prettiest girl he had ever seen, and all he wanted to do was get to know her. But there was a problem. He was petrified to speak to her.

This was very unlike Chen. He was normally very loud, very outgoing, and not a shy person. But just the thought of saying, “Hi,” made angry bees go loose in his stomach, so he swallowed the thought. He began to doze off, so he closed his eyes, and continued to think of ___. All of a sudden he was aware of Chanyeol vacating the seat next to him. He wasn’t sure why, he assumed Chanyeol was going to the bathroom or something. Chen knew he needed to say something to her quick. She was not going to stay the new girl for long, and guys were already beginning to give her attention that he was not fond of. The chair beside him moved and he opened his eyes slightly, to ask Chanyeol a question about ___, only to come face to face with ___ herself.

His eyes widened, and he looked around to see where Chanyeol had gone. Looking around, he saw that Chanyeol had moved to the last available seat in the room, in the back next to Tao. He looked at him in question, getting 24 thumbs up from his friends. The last available seat was next to him. And now ___ was in it. He turned to face forward slowly, and tried to make sense of what happened while he was asleep.

He couldn’t form a coherent thought because all he could think of was the fact that no better chance could have fallen into his lap. He turned to her, mustering all of his courage and charm to finally speak to her. He opened his mouth, and the bell rang. She quickly gathered all of her stuff and began to pack up her things. His heart sank, and the angry bees slowly went calm. He sighed, thinking that his only chance had been tossed away and he was never going to get another one. “Chen. Are you ready to go?” He looked up incredulously, seeing ___ standing in front of him, bag in hand, waiting. For him.

W-what?” he stammered out jumping to his feet. ___ smiled. Her smile is so pretty, Chen thought. “Were you asleep all of class, Chen?” D.O. asked him. “That’s not good, your grade will drop.” Tao added. “Chanyeol volunteered you and him to show ___ around.” Suho explained. Chen looked at Chanyeol, who grinned his megawatt smile and replied, “But I just remembered at the last minute, that I have basketball practice. So you’re gonna have to do it yourself. Sorry, ___. But I promise, you’re in good hands.”

Chen blinked. Chanyeol didn’t play basketball. Chanyeol winked. And with that, his friends filed past him and ___ leaving them alone. ___ looked at Chen. “So are you ready?” Chen looked at her and nodded, grabbing his things. He felt his cellphone go off, so he pulled it out and looked at the screen. 1 New Message from ChanChan: You owe me. Now make her love you. You can do this. Good luck. Chen grinned, he loved his friends. He gestured to ___ to follow him out the classroom. He looked at her. “Hi.” He said to her happily. ___ smiled a bit confusedly at Chen. “Hi…” Chen breathed a huge sigh of relief and smiled. Saying Hi wasn’t so hard.