Chapter 2: Double Date

You are My Sunshine.

I waited for this Ok Taekyeon who just confess to me at the school hallway. I remember Yi Fan use to tell me that I have to stand beside the heater so that she's not cold. But seriously, even with this, it's still very cold. But I won't complain, if I do, Yi Fan might worry about me. And I don't want that. I kept my hands together, hoping that I can withstand the cold. Then, I hear footsteps. I turn from the direction of the footsteps and I saw a tall twice as taller as me. His eyes is big like a deer's eyes. as he sees me, he gave me warm smile. I notice that his teeth is white, just like Yuri says, he's gorgeous. I slowly raised my hand so he can see me with an awkward smile "Er,you must be Ok Taekyeon right?" The tall guy nod. "I see you got my letter?"  I nodded. "Great, so you accepted it." I surprised a little. I smirk at him "Actually, I want to ask you about that." The taller guy raised his bushy eyebrows "What is that?" I lower my sight to the ground as I think about the things I wanted to say to him. Then after a lot of thinking I look at Taekyeon "What is it that you like about me?" He smiles. Huh, I thought, his smiles are nice, kind of addicted to it. I have always look at Kris's smiles but this one is warmer. "Well, because you're pretty, kind-hearted and your neutral."

"Neutral, what do you mean by that?"

"You're not like the other girls who flailing over me. So, I think I liked you." 

"That's the answer?"

He nod. "So will you accept it?"

"I'll think about it.." I laughed. 

I talk about Yi Fan the other night at the phone. He also said the same thing as me when I talk to Taekyeon. But Gyuri is a bit stutter when she saw him and it looks like she is about to faint. "Hey, you're the popular guy in school, you know, that's why she's shy about it." Yi Fan giggles "Yeah, but still--" Yi Fan paused for a while and I notice he looked at me with a wide eyes. "Don't tell me you admit you like him?" 

'Like him?" I laughed "No, I'm not, I barely know this guy and he's your friend since kindergarten, remember?" Kris smiles "Yeah, I know that." 

"Well, how about you? I raised my eyebrow and draw a smirk on my face. "Do YOU like Gyuri." Kris raised his shoulder "I don't know." We sighs. Then I thought about the day I promise myself I won't be a burden to Kris and wanted to let go of his hand. I wanted to stand on my own without hurting him in the end "So, what shall we do, shall we call reject them or.." hearing Kris suggest it I realized my motives. "W-Wait,Yi Fan!!" Yi Fan looked at me with confusion. "What's with you all of the sudden?"

"Oh, I was thinking that maybe we could--" Yi Fan raised his eyebrow still looking at me with his confused face. "--make a double date, to,uh,understand each other,uhm,uh.." Yi Fan laughs and I imagine him smiling with his gumful smile. "Now, why do you want to do that?" I shook my head "I just said it;to understand each other,uh,and--""AAND?" I back away a little. I imagine Kris gave me the same expression. "Aand~I really think they need the chance to get to know each other, yeah?"  Kris return back his position "Okay, if that's what you want, I'll talk to Gyuri tomorrow." I smiled, yes, I thought he wouldn't agree with me. "Oh, I'll call you back, my dad is drunk again, smearing kisses all over my mom and me." I giggles " 'Kay, good night, Yi Fan!!"

"Good night." I put down my phone beside my bed. I envy Yi Fan, his father is a nice man, he's very positive like Yi Fan says. All night, even when he's drunk,, he would kiss his mother, and himself, saying "I love you, my prince,my queen." which make Yi Fan a little cringe about it. 

Unlike mine who didn't pay a single attention on me, staring at me like I'm a piece of glass. It had always been Mom who loved me for who I am, and my little sister who cares for me although she didn't show it. Why is it that my life is so dark. 

That's the first time I thank Yi Fan for being my sun to my world. 

But I think it's time for me to find another sun.

 

 

On the next morning, me and Yi Fan went to Emeris Cake House where there we can meet Taecyeon and Gyuri there. I was nervous that I even rub my hands together. Kris notice and take my hand. I taken aback at his action, but yeah, I knew that it is his habit, holding my hands, in case that I am cold. "What are you doing?" Yi Fab raised his eyebrow "You're cold remember?" I remove my hand from him slowly "But not now, they might think we're couple." Yi Fan smirks "Is that what worries you? I thought you didn't care about that stuff."  I pout and put lock my arms together. "That's before." Yi Fan shook his head "You're beginnig to act weird, you know." I look away. Is it became too obvious that he knows what am I thinking or he's just joking around like the usual. There is a lot of things in my mind as I steal glances at Yi Fan. 

"Hey, you're here!!" I hear a jolly voice from the window and saw the same guy, Ok Taecyeon waving at me. and behind me is a blonde haired girl who is beautiful than me, like a Goddess. I shook my head really hard which makes Yi Fan slightly worried about me. "Hey, are you okay?" I nodded. Taecyeon then looked at Yi Fan. I sense some intense stare between each other like you watch an anime characters's lock eyes to each other, between them there is a flash of electricity from them. I begin to shiver. "Are you by any chance--" Taecyeon begin to speak to Yi Fan all the sudden. I felt shiver down to my spine as I was about to in. Yi Fan just smiled. "Hey there, Taec!!" The tall guy smiles flashes his white shinny teeth almost hurt my eyes as he clap his hands and move to hug Yi Fan "Man, I missed you!! You're here!!" My mouth hang wide open as I saw Yi Fan hugged Taecyeon "Ugh,man, too tight." Taecyeon moved away after he noticed Yi Fan being in pain. "Man, you look, different, from the last time I saw you." Yi Fan smiles and throw a small punch on Taecyeon's wide shoulder. "Am I late?"  the three of us looking at the owner of the pettite and soft voice echoes at the front door. She's so beautiful, her golden hair and her beautiful feature, seriously like Aphrodite. Kris shook his head and signal her to come to us. She throws a gentle smile. 

As the four of us sit down, we begin to talk about their confession and we kind of accept them. They smile widely. Taecyeon lower his head and scrunch his face with a pearly smile "Yes!" I hear him mumble. While Gyuri look happy  as he throw two of her fists lower the same thing as Taecyeon does. I just laugh at that sight, They're cute really, I thought. "So, we'll start now?" Taecyeon voiced out. Yi Fan, Gyuri and I look at Taecyeon. "For now, let's grab something, my treat." 

As we finished our snacks from the cake shop, Taecyeon decided to go on an amusement park. "Why on earth do you want to go on a amusement park for, that's cheesy." Yi Fan nudged Taecyeon which gave him a wide smile. I kind of admit it, his smile are veery shiny like Yi Fan's Korean cousin, Park ChanYeol, that's a one real life Goofy. "Erm," Gyuri grab my shirt, looking shy. "I think we should go there." 

 

  When we go to the amusement park, the four of us went on a roller coaster. It was fun. I bet the boys were frightened in between their balls but I gotta admit,though, those two never give up that easily. Well, of course since they bet on each other [for old time's sake they said.] Gyuri looks like she's having fun too. We're going to the another ride, this time is the free fall. Oh my God!! It's so high!! I was too excited to see the sky and the city from the view up there. It was thrilling when it suddenly went down. I scream with my heart out, so loud, it hurts. so painful, my eyes teared up. Although it's scary but it reliefs stress from my body that clings to them. We were all having fun.

 The next one is the haunted house. Oh man, why, the haunted house of all places. I suddenly felt gloomy. Yi Fan came to me, looking worried as usual "Hey, you don't have to go inside if you want to." Yi Fan always like this. He's always cautious wherever I felt scared or worried. He sometimes felt guilty because of my fear of ghosts. I remember once where Yi Fan tries to scare me in the haunted house at the school festival. I ended up crying and while other students laugh. He angrily shout at them and hugged me. "I'm sorry, SooYeon, I'm sorry." he said with tears in his eyes. That's the Yi Fan I know. "Why not? Kris, c'mon, don't spoil the fun now, are you?" Taecyeon said. "I just don't want her to cry again, that's all."  Didn't understand at all, he questions "Why, she's a big girl, she can handle this herself,right?"  I just want to shout, how dare he, I'm afraid of ghost you expect me to go there, why you little... "SHE WILL NOT GO INSIDE THERE, YOU HEAR!" Yi Fan shouted, like in the elementary school before which make Taecyeon a little flustered. Oh no, if this goes on like this, my plan will fail "N-no, it's alright, Taecyeon is right, though."  Yi Fan look extreamly worried indeed. "But SooYeon ah--" "It's alright. I'll go with Taecyeon. You have to go with Gyuri." "But" Yi Fan hesitant "But SooYeon ah--" I giggles and pat his shoulder "C'mon Yi Fan, loosen up a bit,okay I'll be fine"

 KYAAAAAA~~~!!!! Easier said than done I thought, I really hate ghosts sometimes popped out of nowhere  like a eye popped out zombie chased us halfway on the corridor.  God, I almost had a heart attack I thought angrily. "Are you okay, Soo Yeon? You don't look okay?"  I raised my head and look at the tall, big builed But with a face of a ten year old Taecyeon, I wave my hand, "It's alright, well, no, actually, those ghost were giving me a heart attack, ya know," "So, Kris knows about this and yet you--" 

" I don't want him to worry." Taecyeon looks awfully frown " He tries to scare me once but because I cried, he stop pulling pranks on me, saying that it's not right for a man to make a lady cry, seriously, he's so cute." I turn to him knowing that he looks uncomfortable when I speak about Yi Fan. "How long you've known him that much?" "Ten years" I reply to him. " It's been ten years since he is with me." I then wondered and looked at Taecyeon "Why you want to know anyway?"  Taecyeon's eyes wide as he shook his head "Ah, no, forgive me, I know you guys been friend so long but I couldn't help but felt,i don't know, jealous?"

Jealous,huh?

We wemt after Yi Fan and Gyuri's turn to went inside the haunted house. I can't help but steal a glance from Taecyeon. Is he really jealous of Yi Fan, does YI Fan told him about us? Then The two went out from the haunted house looking tired. "Man, you run really fast, you know?" Gyuri lay her head low "I-I'm s-sorry." Then Yi Fan pat her in the shoulder " It's okay now." I looked at how Yi Fan smiles so naturally to her as she shyly smiles back. Without me knowing it kills me. I suddenly felt what Taecyeon had felt. 

Am I really jealous?

A/N: Sorry it took too long to update.  Gotta a little busy doing this and that moving here and there. The story begin a bit dull does it. I hope I don't loose track.