exhausted.

[Puzzle p i e c e s. ] (Completed!)
I was so tired today. I couldn't believe the amount of work teachers would cruelly give after a long weekend, or maybe it was because I had cruel teachers. Ring! Ring! I groaned and hesitated to pick up the phone, but finally took it after the third ring.
"Hello?" I moaned. I sounded terrible, but it was probably my own fault for sleeping in late and for getting into trouble in gym class and having to run the 1000 meter track twice. I hate teachers. Them and their stupid rules. The school and the dress code.
"Heeey darling!" someone cheered. It was Chloe.
"And you called me over-enthusiastic?" It was too bad that I didn't see Chloe at the concert, but we both had a great time, separately. I felt my cheeks burn up at the thought of the kiss. Alan...
"Earth to Ceraa!" Chloe squeaked. I winced from the infuriatingly, annoying noise.
"WHAT?!" I nearly screeched back. I heard a silence.
"Sorry, I'm just so stressed and--" --BEEP--. I looked back at the phone and caller ID. Did Chloe just hang up on me? I gasped and quickly dialed her number once again. "Chloe? CHLOE?!" I asked desperately.
"Uhm, sorry, but she, kinda left." It was Devon, Chloe's older brother. I sighed, "can you tell her that I'm REALLY sorry and that I can explain to her sometime tonight...?"
"Uh, sure?" After that, I hung up and flopped onto my memory foam bed. The bedsheets were recently changed and a fresh, fragrant smell could still be evident from the sheets. The new washer and dryer were doing their job...
~~
"Do you know where Chloe is?" I asked Brianne. Brianne was her next-door neighbor and they were close friends. Brianne Lyons shook her head. "Do you know why she's so happy?" That sounded weird coming from a worried best friend like me. Yet again, Brianne shook her head. I tried texting her and e-mailed her but she hadn't replied yet. I decided to leave it for tomorrow. I would definitely make sure that the confusion was cleared up. Chloe and I were best friends so hopefully she would understand... hopefully. For now, I had a Science lab to finish which was terribly hard. I picked up the phone to dial Chloe's number but remembered she was out. I sighed once again and pulled out my smelly, overused Science textbook.
~~
My alarm clock read 10:00 PM. I was exhausted but I finally had finished the lab. This is what you get from procrastinating. I decided to take a relaxing bath and reminded myself to book a day at the spa sometime this weekend. When you're rich, do what the celebrities do. I remembered that quote that Chloe made up. I missed her already. How can things be screwed up over a stupid misunderstanding? What was she so excited about? That reminded me of myself and how I was excited also. Whoops. I sighed. I dumped the rest of my vanilla scented bath beads into the bath tub and began to relax. I didn't want to fall asleep and wake up with a cold so I left the noisy, water-proof radio on.
~~
I finally got out of the bath tub before I could doze off sleeping. Once my head hit the pillow, I fell right into a deep sleep. Later, I was interrupted by a quick bing! from my cell phone. A text message. I lazily my bedside lamp, rolling over to my bedside table to grab my phone. I thought I dropped it since my eyes weren't opened as well, but later found it on my comforter. The clock read 2:01 AM. Screw whoever's disturbing my sleep! It was Chloe. My eyes shot open immediately. I clicked on the message.
To: Cera Jonah
From: Chloe Anders
srry also but nice job callin me
som1 asked me out
I was happy that she forgave me and doubly-happy that I now knew why she was so happy. But who?
RE:
omg! whooo???
Beep!
RE:RE:
joey sanders
My mouth dropped. Joey Sanders was basically the Ladies Man of our school. And Chloe was head over heels for him.
RE:RE:RE:
whoohoo!
I finally drifted back to sleep after out mini text conversation. I was drop-dead tired. Sleep...
~~
SCHOOL! I couldn't believe that I slept through my alarm! It was ringing erratically, nearly knocking off my picture frame and water bottle. My cell phone was already on the ground. I was approximately three minutes late for my first class. It would be ten more minutes before I arrived there ready and all. I was definitely too stressed to react to the ugly purple sacs that laid underneath my eyes. I could use the Lancome eye serum later. My lunch and breakfast was already on the table as I dashed maddeningly to the basement, ditching my pancakes entirely, just grabbing a granola bar from the pantry. I urged Jessica quickly out of bed and out of her pajamas to take me to school. I knew she was pissed at me but I would make it up to her later. Screw school!
-- READ-IT BOARD
For S.H.E. and Fahrenheit fanatics. (Hebe Tian, Aaron Yan, Selina and Jiro.)
www.winglin.net/fanfic/ShanShanDo
www.winglin.net/fanfic/just_miss_ya
www.winglin.net/fanfic/cloude01 --