The Invitation

Shadows of the Unknown

Listen to this song while reading if you like~

It was a dark and stormy night in Seoul, South Korea. Heavy rain hit the window of the Shinee’s dorms. All the Shinee members where sitting on the couch, somewhere playing with their phone and the rest would just sit there and do nothing but stare at the television. As Taemin played with his phone, he heard one of his hyung calling out to everybody. He looked up to see Key standing with a huge grin on his face before calling everybody's attention. The rest of Shinee looked up at Key, Key then starts to speak," Since sitting on the couch and playing with our phones or watching television is a bit boring,  how about we go call Exo, Hyun Jae and her sis to come over to our dorm. We could even play with them then being like couch potatoes."

 


 

The four couch potatoes looked at Key with an 'are you kidding me' look. "Yah Key! We did that once and it wasn't fun at all because you threw Kris's 'son' ace on the wall to kill a small bug!,” Jonghyun complained. Key looked at Jjong, "I didn't know I threw Ace! I thought it was a pillow, so I threw it alright! It was an accident." Key shakes his head, "besides, this will be even more interesting than before. So please~" Key begs to ask permission to the leader of the group. 

 


 

Onew sighed and nod his head, "Fine. But you’re going to make us food alright and make sure it's CHICKEN. I want Fried chicken for dinner."When hearing that, Key fist pump the air while Jonghyun face palm himself.” And you Taemin, will be going to call the others alright.” Onew replies starring at Taemin who later on nodded and soon stand up to head towards his room to call his friends.

 


 

Taemin opens the door to his room and shivered a bit feeling the chills in his room before turning on the light. He picked up his Samsung phone from the night stand to call Kai, his best friend and Janmin, his childhood friend. Taemin starts calling Kim Jongin first.

 


 

RING!~ RING!~ RING!~

“Yeobseyo?” Taemin hears a deep voice from the other line. “Hey Dongsaeng~ Key wants to make a mini party. Can you and the EXO members come?” replied Taemin. The other line became silent until there could be a loud thud and shuffling, soon a yelling Kai can be heard. “YAH!!!! HYUNGS!!!! CAN WE VIST SHINEE BECAUSE THEIR HAVING A PARTY AND I WANNA GO?!?!?!?” Taemin pulled the phone far away from his ear quickly so his ear won’t become deaf from Kai’s screaming. “ Alright~ tell Taemin that we will be on our way and don’t forget to tell the rest of the others to get ready.” The other voice replied back to Kai. 

 


 

“Suho hyung said yes!!! YAY! We will be there soon.” Kai says quickly before hanging up leaving the calm Taemin chuckling at the hyper kai. “such a crazy kid.”

Taemin looks at his contacts and found his best friend phone number. He clicked on her name and called her. “yeobseo~” a voice was heard from the other line. “Hi Janmin” Taemin says cheerfully. A chuckled was heared from the other line.” What do you need taeminnie~” Taemin puffed his cheeks “yah don’t call me taeminnie~ Janmin.” Taemin coughed “anyways is it fine if you and Hyunjae come to the Shinee dorm?” A few seconds later another voice was heard from the other line “Yah unnie!!!” could be heard in the background from the other line. “Sure we will be there as soon as possible.” Taemin found the voice familiar and figure out it was Janmin’s older sister HyunJae. Hyunjae hanged up the phone; Taemin put his phone back on the night stand and walked out the door seeing the Shinee members running around fixing the dorm. Jonghyun and Minho where sitting on the coach blowing on balloon and throwing them around the room, leaving a pile of balloons on the floor. Key was making the food while Onew was hanging up some balloons and later on fixes the table.

 


 

A few minutes later everything was all prepared. A knock was heard from the door. Taemin walked towards the door and opened it seeing Exo, Janmin, and Hyunjae standing and waving. I invited them inside the dorm. Everybody was talking happily to each other, Kris was holding onto his ‘son Ace’. Key walked out from the kitchen with a happy grin “everybody! Dinner is ready!” Key sets the food down and sees everybody taking their seats. As some finish eating Lay hands Key a cake covered with chocolate. “I made this for everybody with the help of Kyungsoo.”

 


 

Soon Everybody’s plate has a slice of cake. While they eat the cake, there where loud noises being heard. “What was that,” Hyunjae says tilting her head, looking around while chewing on her slice of cake. Chanyeol started to become scared and looks at everybody, “Could it be the H-haunted d-d-dorm?” Janmin turned to Chanyeol “what do you mean haunted dorm?” Chanyeol gulped and turn his head towards Janmin to tell her but Onew butted in and told her instead.

 


 

“Chanyeol is talking about the dorm me and the rest of Shinee used to live in.” Onew says quietly. Onew looked at everybody and sighed and starts telling the whole story about the past about Shinee’s past while Hyunjae was searching for where the noises are coming from.

 


 

“It all started when Me and Minho went back to the dorm to take a rest when we finished our schedule…..”