C h a p t e r ( 1 6 )

I'll Catch You If You Fall

** Hyoyeon's POV 

*ring**ding**dong*

Attention, all chess players kindly go already to your designated place, the game was  about to start in 20 minutes. 

I repeat, the game was about to start in 20 minutes. Thank you..
--

An announcement was being heard all around the school campus. Hehe, maybe Sooyoungie was their already. Too bad I can't watch her play. ;(  Back then, I'm  always watching her playing chess. But, as what have Soo said, I'll go find Tao to clear things out. I tried to look for him, but looks like he's nowhere to be found. I also tried to  ask some students if he saw them but unfortunately, they did not. Aish, last one try.. I'll try to look around to ask another student, then... Aha! That girl! I think she's Tao's friend, I'm always seeing them chatting with each other..
"Uh, hi!" I approached her.
"Uhm,hello?" she replied, "Do you know where Tao is?" I asked then she nodded,
"Oh, good. Can you please tell me where is he? I've been looking for him the whole time.." I said,
"Oh, I'm not sure.. But, I think, they're in the rooftop. He's with his friends. I guess." she said,
"Oh, thank you! I'm Hyoyeon, Tao's girlfriend." I said then smiled and offered a handshake.
"I'm Tiffany, Tao oppa's sister." she said then smiled, I didn't know that Tao has a sister.
"Oh, mianhae." I bowed several times. "He did not told me that he has a sister." I reason out.
"My brother didn't told you that he has a sister? Aish, that guy! *chuckles* Don't worry. It's okay. Besides, I see, your a good person. I like you for my oppa." she said then winked at me. "Th..thanks!" I said,
"Why are you looking for him? You two should be together by now. Since you two were together." She said, should I tell her? Hmm, there's nothing wrong if I'll tell her right? Besides, she's Tao's sister.
"Uhmm..." I said while playing with my fingers. "Oh, come on. Spill." she said,
"The last time he talked to me was after our date. Then after that, he did not even contact me." I said with a sad and disappointed tone. "aish! that oppa is so bad! How can he do that to you, by the way, when was your last date?" she asked, "Uhmm, it's been a week."
"WHAT?!" she exclaimed. Then I nodded saying it's true. "aish, he's so bad! How can he do that to you?!!" she said, aww. She's so kind. She really care for what I feel.
"Don't be so mad at your brother. Don't worry, that's why I'm looking for him, I'm going to clear things out." I said then let out a fake smile. "My oppa is so lucky to have you." she said then smiled, I smiled back.
"By the way, I have to go. I need to talk to your oppa." I said. "Oh, okay. Good luck!" Haha, she's so kind. :)

 

So after that, I quickly went uptairs, but due to my clumsiness, I bumped into someone. Aish~ What a luck.
"Sorry, sorry, sorry." I said while continuously bowing.
"Ow, it's okay. I'm sorry too." A manly voice said, I didn't look at him yet because I was picking up my things.
"I'm really sorry." I said, "No, it's okay. Wait-- HYOYEON?!" Huh? He knows me? I looked up to him and my eyes widened.
"KAI?!!" Woa, it's been also a week since I haven't seen them..
"Annyeong! Long time no see! Haha!" He said, wow. He looks so happy today, huh. I just shrugged of my thoughts and smiled at him, "Yeah, long time no see."
"So... you're going to compete at the track 'n field later, right?" I said then I nodded and smiled, what's with him? Usually he is going to tease or annoy me. But, now. He's so friendly. Kekeke~
"So, good luck. You're legs are so short. I bet you won't win." He said then stuck out his tongue.
"YOU!!!" I shouted, I take back what I said earlier. -___- He really has nothing to do but annoy me. Tch.
"HAHA. Chill. By the way, where are you going?" He asked, as if he care, right?
"Why do you need to know?" I asked, "N..nothing. I..it's just that, because... uhmm, aish. Why? Is it bad to ask?" He asked back. "Tch. I'm going to look for Tao. Why? Are you coming with me?" I said then gave my sarcastic smile.
*Oh, it's Tao again.* Kai thought. "Whatever. I'm going now. Buhbyeee!" I said then I tapped his shoulders. Tch..

--
I am now infront of the rooftop's door. I opened the door slightly but then I heard Tao and his friends talking about something, I was about to go back, but then I heard my name. So, I hid myself carefully and to not make any noise so that they won't know that I'm here. Hehe.
"So, how are you and Hyoyeon?" The tall guy asked, as far as I remember he's Chanyeol.
"W-we're o-okay." He hesitately answered, but what? We're okay? He's not even talking to me.
"Oh, that's good. But, you know.. we only gave you 2 weeks." two weeks? what two weeks? Is there something that I don't know? Aish, I'm going crazy. Why am I even asking myself? "I-I know." Tao answered.
"but, you.... hmmm.. kinda, exceeded?" that guy continued, If I am not mistaken he's Sehun.
"Now, you need to do the last step, to win this bet." Luhan said, but.. wait? what? bet? what bet?
"I-I d-don't want t-to do i-it anymore." Tao stuttered. "No backing out, learn to finish what you've started." I don't understand what are they saying, and what last step?
"You need to do it, the last step...." Chanyeol paused.
"Break Hyoyeon's heart." Sehun continued, b-but w-what? B-b-break m-my h-heart? B-but w-why? Did I do something wrong? But.. I know Tao, he's not going to do that to me. He loves me, right?
"I don't want! I don't want to break an innocent girl's heart! Hyoyeon is very kind! I-I don't want to hurt her." See?
"You need to or else... I'm the one whose going to tell her that from the very very start, you courted her because it was just part of a bet." What? Tao courted me b-because i-it w-was just a p-part of the bet? S-so, h-his actions was j-just a-an act? I'm trying my best to hold back my tears, I wanted to walk out, I don't want to listen anymore, but I really want to know the truth.
"Why? Do you love her already? Have you fallen for her?" T-Tao, p-please s-say y-es. P-please. :(
"N-no." Wow! Ha-ha, he d-doesn't love me? Nor loved me? Ha-Ha, I'm so s-stupid, I believed to his words, I believed to his actions, I believed that he loves me, I believed h-him a-a-a-and h-his s-stupid l-lies. I tried to hold back again my tears, but this time I can't, tears started to roll down on my cheeks, I tried my best to not to make any noise. It really hurts so mych hearing from the one you really love, that he doesn't love you back. :( It's like, killing me.

"No! No.. please. I'll do it, just don't tell her everything. I don't want to tell her the whole reason, I don't want to hurt her." So, he's really going to do it? Ha-ha, a-and w-what? H-he d-doesn't want to h-hurt m-me? T-Too late, Tao. :'(
*bugsh*
I gasped, I accidentally broke the flower pot beside me into pieces. Stupid me. 
"I-Is anyone there?" I heard Tao. I hid myself more and hid my face with my palms, hoping that they won't see me. But, I felt someone was infront of me already.. Looking at me.
"H-Hyoyeon.." I-I know that v-voice! It's the voice of the person that I really love. Sadly... He doesn't love me back. "Uhh, Hi?" I greeted him, then I faked a smile. I tried to wipe my tears aways but it keeps from falling.
"H-Hyo, w-why are y-you crying? D-Did y-you h-heard u-us?" He stuttered. "Huh? Why? Do I need to hear something? Uh, no. Do I need to know something?" I asked back. "Uhmmm, n-nothing. S-so, l-let's go?" So, he's really going to lie to me? Wow, he tried to take my hand but I pushed his hands away from mine. "Don't touch me." I said using my cold voice.
"W-Why?" He's really going to ask me that? I looked at his friends and I gave them the can-you-please-leave-us-here? stare then after that, they left. I turned to Tao, then answered, "Nothing."
"H-Hyo.." he called my name. "Tell me, Tao. Do you love me? Oh, scratch that, did you ever loved me?!" I asked straight, I don't know where did I got the guts to ask him that question, knowing that I'm really afraid that he's going to tell me that he doesn't love me infront of me.
"W-Why a-are you asking that?" He stuttered. "Just.... Just answer my question!" I replied. "O-Ofcourse!" Then, why is he even stuttering? Tch.
"Liar." I said loud enough for him to hear. "Do you doubt my l-love f-for y-you?" Tch. For the past days no, but after to what I heard earlier, yes.
"What if I said yes? What if I'll tell you I heard you and your friends earlier talking about that stupid bet?" I asked, I felt my some liquids are going to form again to my eyes. 
"S-so, y-you h-heard us?"
"Need I say more?"
"Look, I'm sorry Hyo. I don't know that you we're listening earlier, I shouldn't have said--" I cut him off,
"Said what? That you did not even loved me?! T-that, all of these, you're actions, were just part of a bet?! Wow, just wow." I heard my voice cracking.
"S-so, i-it means, if you knew that I was standing here, listening to you and your friends, you'll say you love me?! EVEN IF YOU DON'T?!" See, he can't even utter a word. I-it m-means, h-he doesn't l-love m-me back.
"Get away from me! I don't want to see your face anymore! I don't want, I don't want!! I love you! I love you so much! That it hurts hearing you saying earlier that you did not even loved me! I gave you my whole trust, but what did you do?! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!"
"GO AWAY!"
"H-hyo, listen to me first, please."
"Listen to what? To your stupid lies? You think I would listen to you after to what you've done? Look, I still love you, but I'm too stupid if I'll listen or believe to your lies again. Now, go away! Please. I'm begging you.."
"Okay, I'm going. But, remember I won't stop until you listen to me. I love you, Hyo." Now, he's telling me that he loves me? Haha. Don't listen to him Hyo. He's lying.
"Liar. Let's break up." I said even if I don't want to. I don't want to continue this relationship even if I really love him so much.
"No, Hyo. Don't do this to me." He said,
"What? Don't do this to you?! You're the one who started it Tao. This is what you and your friends wanted, right?!! To break my heart? Right?! Well, congrats! You won! Let's end this. Now, go away from me." I said coldly. Then after that, he left. I felt me knees became weak. Then after that, I found myself crying on the floor. I-I can't. I-I love him, but a-all of this was just a big lie. A BIG BIG LIE. I cried and cried and cried.

--
*ring**ding**dong* Calling, all track 'n field players, please proceed to the field, the game is about to start in 20 minutes. Thank you.

How can I face them all, when my eyes are all swollen and all red? I wiped my tears away and I decided to join even if I'm feeling so weak. I run downstairs then went to the field, I ca see many students are going to watch the game. Can I do it? I'm really feeling weak today.
"Oh, Hyo! There you are! Go to your place already! The game is about to start." One of the teachers said then I nodded as an answer. Thankfully, he did not noticed my eyes. I went to my place then did some stretchings, I scanned all the students whose going to watch, I didn't see Soo. Yes! She won't see me. I don't want her to see me like this. She's really going to ask why I cried. But then I spotted Kai, Kris and Lay. Lay saw me he smiled at I smiled back. Same as Kris, and Kai, he looked at me confusely. Maybe he noticed that my eyes were swollen. I just faked a smile.
Then after that, *BANG* It's a sign that we need to run already. So. I run fast so I can win, I focused on the game. You can do this Hyo, you can. Fighting!! I can see the finish line already, but when I scanned the audience, I saw the man I love, Tao, and there's a girl who is clinging on him. I can see, she's more beautiful than me, she's tall, she's y. She more better than me, I see. That's why he doesn't love me. He already found someone who is even more better than me. He really doesn't love me, does he?
Why am I even like this. Am I not enough? Haha, pabo Hyoyeon. You already clearly heard earlier that h-he doesn't love m-me back. I felt my knees again starting to be weak and tears started to roll down my cheeks. I-I couldn't help but cry. I heard some of the teachers asking, "Hyo! Are you alright? Why are you crying??" My teachers really cares for me, but what about Tao? I scanned the students once again, but, I didn't saw Tao and that girl anymore..
Then suddenly, I didn't know the game was finished already, and... I did not win. :(
"Hyo, Hyo! Are you alright???" My teacher, Mr. Lee asked, he looks so worried. "I-I'm o-okay Sir. E-excuse me, I-I need to go."

Then after that I run and run and run while crying, my eye sight is getting blurry. I don't know where my feet will bring me but, I found myself standing already infront of the Dance practice room. Hm, did I told you already that, I know how to dance? I'm really good at it. Soo wants me to join to the dance club, but I refused. We do have a busy schedule so, if I added my the dance club on my schedule, I'm not going to have enough time to be with T-Tao.
Aish, Tao again. I want to forget him! But I can't. :( I turned the music on, and started to dance, I can feel every beat of the music. My body started to follow every beat. Then after the music, I stopped dancing, I heard someone clapping his hands from behind, I turned to that person and to my surprise, it's Kai. What? Is he going to annoy me again?
"What are you doing here?" My voice is a bit cranky since I just finished crying.
"I don't know that you danced that well." "Uh, thanks?" I said then faked a smiled. "Tell me, why did you cry?" He said then look at me directly in my eyes.
"I did not cry." I denied then broke my eye contact with him. "Come on, Hyo. Tell me, please."
"Why do you even care? You're here to annoy me right? You're here to tell me how funny I look earlier. I-I was about to win the game but..." He cut me off. "But, you saw Tao and a girl clinging on him? Tell me what really happened Hyo. Please."
"Y-you s-saw t-them?" I asked then he nodded. "He and I-I broke up."
"What? Why?"
"H-he doesn't love me, all of this was just a bet. He courted me and made me his girlfriend because it was all just a bet. He did not even loved me. All this time, I believed him that he loves me, he cares for me, but all of his actions and words was just all lies." I said then I started to cry. I gasped when he hugged me,
"Shh, don't cry Hyo. I-I'm here for you." He said then I cried more, I hugged him back, he's caressing my hair. I felt safe with his arms. I-I really need someone to talk to. After I recovered from crying, I pulled from the hug. "Th-thanks." I said,
"You made my uniform all wet." He complained, I shot him a glare. "Kidding, I was just trying to make you laugh."
"Tch." I said then I rolled my eyes then let out a small laugh.
"Y-you laughed!" He exclaimed, Huh? What's with him?
"Huh? So what?"
"Nothing! It's just that I made you laugh. Kekeke." I smiled at him. This time my smile is not fake anymore. "Weirdo." I said, "asdfghjkl" I heard him whispered something but I did not heard him. I did not mind it already.
"Oh, Soo said, she's sorry because she can't watch you run."
"It's okay. I don't want to let her see me like that. I'm going to make her worry." I said then I smiled, i don't know what's with him but he made me feel even better. I saw him stood up and started the music.
"Maybe, a dance battle will do?" He asked then smirked. "Bring it on!" I said then stood up and we started to have a funny dance battle. It's funny how this person whose always pissing me off, annoying me, is here beside me, comforting me, making me smile truly, and making me laugh so hard.. Thank you, Kai...

--
15519 Characters, 3012 Words. :))
A/N: HELLOOOOOOOOO!
Sorry for making Hyo sad/cry in this chapter. :( But there's still Kai to comfort Hyoyeon, right right? :)) HOHOHO.

So sorry for the late update. I am really getting busy right now. :( But, don't worry. If I had time, I'll really update this story! Thank you so much guys! :) yurisaranghaeminho (my sister -_- XD), xoxopeterpan, KreaseSYeol, WinchesterAngel, Dongbangshinki0429, kooara, KimHyoKim, Thank you so much for subscribing. :) Don't know when will I update the next chapter. But, I'll update it as soon as I can. ^^ and, please leave a comment. Let me know what you think to this chappy. Take care you aaalll. :** Loveeeeeloootssss <3

-HyoHyoBaby