Tequila Sunrise

Tequila Sunrise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Sooyoung bites her lip to keep her from bursting into a heap of laughter at the bottom of the stairs. It’s quite hard not to but she manages, shaking her head in amusement at the chain of sleeping people and equally human pillows in the normally organized and pristine living room of the beach house. This isn’t quite the scene she expected when she decided to wake up and come down to check on everyone else a few minutes prior.

Those who aren’t painfully drunk have managed to haul their asses up into the bedrooms in the second floor; the husband and wife tandem of Lee Sungmin and Lee Sunny, Jung Yunho, Kim Jaejoong, Jessica Jung, Kim Taeyeon, Lee Hyukjae, Shin Donghee, Han Geng and Kim Heechul all belonging to the distinct few who have done so, disappearing into the multiple bedrooms and not caring if it is or isn’t theirs.

Everyone else who either isn’t her or any of those upstairs are all sprawled all over the living room; some snoring, some giggling in their sleep, some too out of it and blissfully unaware of how funny they all look. She bites back another laugh as her eyes settle on those dreaming away on the sofa.

Henry Lau is curled into a ball in one end of the sofa. His best friend, Zhou Mi, is sleeping right by his side with the latter’s long legs sprawled freely before him; his right foot just an inch or so away from the face of one Kim Junsu, who had fallen asleep on the carpet. Beside Zhou Mi is Choi Siwon, deep asleep with his head using Park Jungsu’s shoulder as a pillow. The human pillow, too, is deeply asleep; his mouth open and his lap serving as the pillow of Seo Joohyun; the only one who has managed to get her entire body on the piece of furniture. At the other end of the sofa is where Kim Hyoyeon sleeps; her arms cushioning her head on the arm of the sofa.

Sooyoung’s eyes then travel downwards at the people who have managed to sleep on the floor along with Junsu. This time, she snickers softly because really, it’s impossible not to. Lee Donghae is leaning against the cramped sofa; his head resting against the leg of Jungsu and his mouth likewise open as he sleeps. Im Yoona is next to him; her head on his shoulder and her legs extending under the coffee table, ready to smack Kim Youngwoon in the face if he decides to move in his sleep. Kim Ryeowook is asleep by his side, cuddled against the older, bigger man like a shih tzu would with a golden retriever.

Everyone else who isn’t on the floor or on the sofa is spread amongst the other pieces of furniture that can be slept on. Cho Kyuhyun and Shim Changmin, ever the best friends, share a two-seater couch; Kyuhyun’s leg haphazardly lying across Changmin’s lap. Kim Kibum and Kim Jongwoon are curled on large purple and green beanbags, respectively. Probably the luckiest of them all since they aren’t sharing space with anyone, Kwon Yuri and Stephanie Hwang each occupy chair of their own.

Sooyoung slaps a palm over her hands when giggling proves too hard to stop. She’s definitely made the right decision of not drinking much that night before. Time has proved that getting faced with this set of people usually resulted into very bad hangovers and terrible body pains. A part of her has somewhat anticipated that they’ll all end up this way; her eyes twinking mischievously as she takes her phone from the pocket of her jeans.

“At least let me get out before you take a picture, Soo.”

The brunette starts at the sudden voice; her head turning to find Kyuhyun blinking groggily at her from the two-seater couch. “Oppa,” she whispers so as not to wake the others up. “How long have you been pretending to be asleep?”

He rolls his eyes at how she’s phrased her q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter