Painkillers.

It's cold..

The warm beam of light that peeked out of her white curtains touched her pale skin.
The girl laid flat on her stomach; her hands rested under her pillow, and her head laying right on top.

The girl's head was cocked sideways, so she just stared.
She stared at the white curtains that were somewhat forming wave-like motions
because of the wind that blew them - and listen to the dead silence that surrounded her.

Nothing but the sounds of birds happily chirping outside of her window.
Nothing but the sounds of tiny droplets of tap water running because they weren't turned off properly.
Other than natural noises; silence.

There was once warmth in her home before - unlike now, which filled nothing but cold and sadness.
She missed those days when she'd have someone to talk to and to keep her company,
but now everyone has left her, so she has no one to go to anymore.

The feelings when he just suddenly left her; was the feeling of abandonment, and burden.
Even until this day, she just doesn't understand why.

"Why did you have to go?.." The girl's timid, soft voice shook.

Soon, her eyes began to water.. Having to think about it everyday made her sad.
Not only sad - but depressed. She hated feeling this way every morning, only to fake
a smile around the neighborhood and the people around her everyday.

The girl's delicate fingers touched the sides of the picture frame that was neatly placed on top her white,
wooden desk and grabbed it. She brushed her fingers across the man's two-dimensional face and smiled.
She still managed to keep that smile as a tear finally landed on to the glass that protected the photo.
Then, her rare, genuine smile slowly turned into a sad and depressing frown.

The girl stared at the plastic bottle that had the words 'Painkillers' printed on it, and slowly
placed the picture back down on to the white, wooden desk.

She began to walk towards the bottle then finally held it in her hands.
The girl squeezed it tightly in the palm of her hand, pouring careless amounts of some pills into the other hand.
Then tossed them all into like it was nothing.

She forced herself to swallow the dry pills down . In the process of doing so, she coughed a bit.

As she coughed into the palm of her hands, blood suddenly appeared.
The blood splattered all over the laced, white dress that she was wearing and the wooden floor below her.

She stared at her palms with a startled look on her face then turned to look at the mirror that was just beside her.
She furrowed her eyebrows at the sight of the wine-red blood that was all over her.
Then she grabbed the bottle again, blankly starting at it.

Her blank face soon changed into a jokered-grin. The tears from before, returned and she began to laugh hysterically.
But she stopped for a moment.

The girl glared at her own reflection, then squeezed the bottle once more,
before giving it a hard throw towards the mirror - cracking it into hundreds of pieces.
Some cracked pieces of glass were scattered all over the wooden floor, too.

Her legs finally gave up. Her knees dropped to the floor - with a loud thump, scrapping and bruising them.

The girl's face became joker-like again as she began to laugh at herself. She didn't know why she was laughing though.
Everything was just funny to her in that moment.

Then she felt a strong pain that struck the sides of her head and chest. It made her laugh and grin even harder.

It was coming. The thing she's always been waiting for, but never happened because of how much
of a wimp she's been. Knowing that her time together with him will come again, she smiled.

Her body became numb, and she felt weightless. The girl's body slowly began to lose energy - then finally,
her lifeless body collapsed on the cold, hard floor.

"I'm coming.. Wait for me. I'm finally being able to see you again, at last.."