I

It's a Dark World After All

Sungyeol POV

Arriving at practice for the first time, Sungyeol notices a boy stopping at a locker covered with post-it notes. 

I thought all the trainees were new... does this guy have fans already?

The boy calmly rips off all the sticky notes, without a hint of emotion, and throws them all in the garbage nearby.

He proceeds to place his backpack in the locker and heads to the dance room.

 

Sungyeol doesn't think much of it , and goes to his locker to put his things away. 

Hm? He left one of the notes on the floor..

The curious boy picked up the discarded paper which he had previously thought was a fan message..

"Dirty " was written in red ink on the crumpled up paper. 

The trainee didn't show any facial expression, but he was really shocked at the profanities he had just read. 

Sungyeol hadn't ever really experienced bullying, or even seen it.

His high school was generally filled with propper, nice students. 

 

Getting to the dance practice room, Sungyeol kept an eye on that particular trainee he was observing earlier.

Everyone in the room seemed pretty nervous about dancing in front of these strangers for the first time, but this guy seemed distracted.

He didn't seem to care what other people thought of him. 

 

Once everyone started dancing, it was obvious that these boys needed a lot of work before being able to debut.

The students were all off rythm, all except one. 

"Myungsoo!" the teacher yelled out. " You're doing great, keep up the good work !" 

Myungsoo... that name resonated in the silent admirer's head.

Why is he such a great dancer? I mean.. he's dancing circles around all of us, even the teacher !

 

He let out a wistful sigh while his eyes glazed over, looking directly at the mirror to creep upon his collegue's reflection.

I wonder if he can tell I'm looking at him.. 

 

Myungsoo POV 

Class is finally over, and that guy was looking at me the whole time .. 

God,  what he was looking at? Was he feeling bad for me or something ? 

Myungsoo didn't even have time to say bye, he just stormed out of the building as soon as class was over. 

Walking back home, he stuck his hands in his pockets and felt a peice of paper. He took it out to see what it was, and it turned

out to be one of those hate notes he ripped up earlier. He sighed and balled up the paper again, throwing it as hard as he could.

 

The teen finally stops at a busted down brick building, surrounded by garbage and broken glass. 

He turns the doorhandle and pushes the door, although there's no need to do that being as it's broken anyways. 

Going up the stairs, he tries not to step on a hobo passed out on the side of the stairway. 

The stairs made alarming creaking noises, but Myungsoo still ran up carelessly. 

 

Opening the door, a black cat passes in between myungsoo's legs and out the door. 

"Hey Luna ! Come back by midnight, okay? not leaving the door open any longer than that!" 

Myungsoo screamed at the feline, as if it really understood him. 

 The teen boy walked around his apartment as if this were a routine.

"Urgh, not again..." Myungsoo said, dissapointed

He walked over to the couch where his dad had been laying down, bends over and picks a needle out of his father's wrist. 

"Idiot.." he whispered, kicking his dad's foot, *sigh*

 He then proceeded by laying a blanket over his dad, and turning off the lights to head off to bed...