True Love

The Girl Next Door

 

 

 

2038

 

Take note.

Kwon Yuri & Jessica Jung= 50 years old.

Im Yoona= 24 years old

 

25 years from now...

 

My Appa had always been healthy until she was stricken with Parkinson’s disease. She was slowly losing her motor skill and memory. She started telling me about a girl who lived next door who she really liked.

 

Week after week, she would tell me how much she liked this girl and how much she wanted to marry her. This went on for months. Each time I would see her after a long time at the college, Appa will always told me story about the girl and how she tried hard to get the girl’s attention and was going to ask the girl to marry her.

 

I did not know how to break the news to my Umma that after that after all these years of marriage my Appa was in love with another woman.

 

I consciously stepped into the kitchen seeing my Umma was preparing lunch for us. I stopped behind the counter; across my Umma.

 

“Erm, Umma?”

 

“Yes, Yoona?”

 

“I hope what I’m going to say, you won’t overreacted about it…”

 

“You make me worried now, Yoona. Just tell me.”

 

“Erm, Appa had been talking to me about something for these past months…”

 

“About what?”

 

“About her past…”

 

“Past?”

 

“She told me she had liked a girl next door from her house before, and she going to ask the girl to marry her.”

 

My Umma hearing this chuckled before shook her head before mumbled, “That old Kwon…”

 

I raised my eyebrows in confusion, surprised with my Umma’s reaction. Aren’t she supposed to be devastated? Or at least surprised?

 

“Just eat your lunch, Yoona. I’m going to bring this lunch to your Appa.”

 

I kept all questions in my mind while my eyes following my Umma’s steps. Because of my high curiosity, I followed my Umma but I stopped my track until at the door, letting my Umma tended my Appa.

 

Lovingly and softly my Umma scooped a little portion of congee on the spoon before put it into my Appa’s mouth.

 

“Sica, I have been like you since a long time. Would you like to marry me?” I furrowed hearing my Appa’s words.

 

My Umma just let out a small smiled before continued to feed my Appa, “We’re married, seobang. We've been together for 28 years old.”

 

All of sudden it made sense. The girl that my Appa always mentioned was actually my Umma. My Umma lived next door to my dad when they met in 2010. My Appa wasn’t imagining it all. She was just reliving it.

 

I let out a blissful smiled before quietly closed the room’s door. My Umma last words make me smiled wider,

 

“Seobang, don’t talk like that again or Yoona will misunderstood you and thought you cheat on me.”

 

Thanks to my Appa, she taught me that true love is never ending. Don’t believe it? Read my story from the start again.

 

End.

 

 

 

 

A heart-warming shot for my lovely reader, 

Thanks for all the feedbacks and support i receive.

I'm delighted reading you guys comment!

Gahh! I felt want to cry now~

And oh! did you guys know about Chrissy Costanza? 

I'm going crazy for her *spazz*

-Endaiyy