Chapter 14

Just You And I

"Well that was a hot workout session wasn't it Princess?" Jackie questioned me teasingly. I just laid there on the bed lifelessly, still with all my energy drained out of me. It hurts. It hurts so bad. 

"ANSWER ME WHEN I SPEAK TO YOU, !" she screamed before kicking me in the stomach. I groaned in pain before muttering a soft 'yes'. 

"I'm your master now Soojung. You have to obey me or else you'd know what the consequences are." She reached for the doorknob and winked at me. I cringed. 

My world came tumbling down when I heard an almost inaudible voice,

"Soojung? Jackie?" Why now Amber? My heart began to race as she slowly approached me. 

"Soojung..... I thought you loved me. I thought you really did. I forgave you. But why did you took advantage of my gullibility?" My heart broke into a million of tiny pieces as she removed our engagement ring from her finger, throwing it at me. "You made me looked like a fool infront of so many people. I waited for you on the altar... I waited for you so we could exchange vows so that we could rightfully belong to each other. That pair of wedding rings that i bought for us didn't come easy Soojung. I worked day and night to save money for our wedding, for our apartment, for our rings. I waited for you to go through the door with Mr Jung beside you. But you didn't showed up. Instead you were here having with my sister? Again? Why?"

"Amber....I reached for her face before caressing her cheek with my fingers. She moved away out of my reach. I frowned. 

"Save your words. I heard enough." She got up slowly, with those sorrowful eyes of her. I regretted making eye contact with her as my heart clenched itself tightly than ever as though to prevent myself to breathe. But my heart hurt even more as she removed her white blazer before placing it upon my body. 

"Don't want you to catch a cold."

"Amber, please don't leave...." But my words were completely ignored as she headed for the door. She stopped halfway on her way out before facing Jackie.

"I actually expected so much from you, considering the fact that you're my big sister whom I really adore and respect. But instead of fighting and retaliating like before, I'm just gonna walk away like the loser I've always been. Please take care of her, Jie-Jie." 

"Hey bro, before you leave, just want to remind you that your girl likes it rough in bed. Hot and feisty. But she's no longer yours so too bad." Jackie laughed menacingly. . 

Amber just gave a slight smile before she was gone. Grief, remorse and depression covered me like a thick, chocking blanket. I quickly got up grabbing pieces of clothing to cover myself before walking over to the and gave her a very tight slap and kicked her as hard as I could in her lower region. She dropped to the floor, whining in pain, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. You deserved that . I hope you die. 

I ran out of the room, limping due to the pain in my lower region. Jackie was too rough. I searched frantically for Amber before my eyes caught sight of her blonde head. 

"AMBER! Wait for me!" The guests in the church hall gasped in surprise, their heads were turned in my direction. All of them looked unamused and angry, sending me death glares. I gulped, a little frightened by their actions. 

"Save it." I looked over to the person behind me and saw Minho. He was holding onto my shoulders tightly, refraining myself of any movements. 

"Not now Minho. I have to go to Amber. She got it all wrong. Jackie me. You have to believe me."

"Stop lying Krystal. I beg you. Please just leave Amber. She deserves someone much better than you. Please it hurts seeing her getting hurt," His voice getting louder, creating a bigger commotion infront of the guests. 

"Minho, trust me please. You have to," 

"How do you expect me to? This is Amber we're talking about. My only best friend. She means the world to me,"

"I know that Min, but please.I once again tried to struggle against his hold but failed since he was so much stronger than I was. 

"Sorry but I am not as gullible as Amber,"

"Please Minho." 

"Let go of her Minho." Jackie? What the hell? 

"Shut up you bastard. You have no authority in this." Minho growled. 

"I'm Amber's sister. Now let go. It's true what she said. I her okay?" Minho was completely stunned by what she said as he slowly released his grip on me. 

I took this opportunity of him being distracted as I ran as fast I could in Amber's direction. 

My heart leaped to my throat as I saw her car speeding off on the other side of the road. Using all the little energy that I had left, I ran after her car while screaming her name over and over again. 

Cars were honking at me and drivers were hurling vulgarities at me but I couldn't care less about them. I sighed in relief as i finally grabbed hold of the boot of her car. We finally made eye contact through the side mirror but my efforts seemed to go to waste as I lost my footing and fell flat to the ground. Ouch. 

But my heart was in even much more pain as Amber ignored my presence and continued driving off. 

Come back....

 

 

 

 

 

So do you like it so far? Jackie finally realizes her mistake but it is not enough to mend the broken Kryber. So where do we go from here?