~A Revelation

Psychology Boyfriend

Well, I'm going to try to continue this every other day update trend...we'll see how long I'll last :D

I really need to start on those summer assignments too...

Anyway, here's the next chapter, so enjoy!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

 

Once dinner was done, it was time for us to go. Saying bye to every child, we both promised that we would be back again.

With our last waves, we smiled and walked out of the orphanage after bidding Kim Eomonim goodbye. She thanked us and bid us a good evening, insisting that we come back again. Nodding, we scheduled another appointment before leaving.

This event was definitely worth it, and I would have to come again soon.

 


 

 

After we left the grounds of the orphanage, Jin Ki drove me home.  On the way however, I suddenly remembered that he left the table during dinner for a few moments before coming back.

 

“Oppa.”

“Hmm?”

 

He glanced at me briefly before returning his eyes back onto the road.

 

“Where did you go in the middle of dinner?”

“Oh, that? I was just answering a call from the toy store.”

“Toy store?”

“Yeah.  I ordered some toys for the children at the orphanage.  I figured that they could use a bit more after seeing what they had.”

 

Although impressed, I couldn’t say that I was surprised.  This was Lee Jin Ki after all, heir to the Lee Dong corporation.  Well, at least he was putting his wealth to a good cause.

 

“Hmm, sounds just like you.”

“What do you mean?”

 

I looked at him smiling.  He really was too good to be true.  Once we stopped at a red light, he looked at me curiously, waiting for me to continue.

 

“Geu yang, you’re just very generous.  I'm glad to know that my boyfriend is helping out those in need, instead of gloating that he has wealth and flaunting it.”

 

He grinned before the green light , putting the car back into motion.

 

“Well, let’s consider you lucky then.  I’m just one of those people who are hard to come by.”

“Well, that’s true, but I can’t exactly say the same about your modesty.”

 

I smirked as I looked away and out the window.

 

“Hey, that hurts.”

“Love you.”

 

A stagnant moment of silence passed before I realized what words I had just let pass through my lips.  I felt my face grow warm, becoming embarrassed.  However, that feeling was momentarily forgotten as Jin Ki nearly crashed into the car in front of us as the red light came one.  We both flew forward and then slammed back into the seat with the force of the stop. I began to breathe in shallow breaths, aware that we had come very close to causing an accident.

 

“Oppa, I thought you were a good driver.”

“I…I am! I was just caught unaware, that’s all…”

 

I swallowed before speaking again.

 

“That’s…a first.”

“Yeah…”

“Oppa, the light is green.”

“R..right.”

 

And so the ride to my house continued. However, there was no longer a comfortable silence.  A bit of awkwardness and some tension filled the air, due to the careless remark that I had just made. 

Do I really love Jin Ki? I mean, it’s barely been three months.  Is it even possible to fall in love in that period of time? I never believed in the love at first sight thing.  It always seemed like rubbish to me.  Sure, it wasn’t love at first sight for me and Jin Ki, but I always thought that I would love someone after being in a relationship with them for at least two years.  It never occurred to me that it was possible to love in three months.  In fact, I didn’t even think it was possible. Still, what slipped out of my mouth tonight may prove me wrong.

It didn’t feel wrong to say it.  Actually, I was relatively comfortable.  I didn’t even think about it, which was the part that struck me odd.  No hesitations what so ever, and yet it came out.  Maybe I already felt that way unconsciously, slowly, ever since we made our relationship official.  It was true that Jin Ki and I have been through much more than normal high school seniors, and what we have gone through has made us all that much stronger.  I guess the only thing that stumped me was how fast I fell.  It was unexpected.

Once the car was parked alongside the curb, I was woken out of my reverie.  I felt the awkward air again, and took a deep breath to settle my nerves, and my jumping heart. My attention was then brought to Jin Ki.  What if I said something out of line? What if he doesn’t feel the way I do?  Were we moving too fast? We were only high school seniors after all.  He’s now a famous celebrity, and me? I’m just a normal student, with nothing to flaunt or brag about. 

Opening the car door, I hurried out before shutting it.  I heard Jin Ki’s door open as well, before the sound of his door closing and then his footsteps making their way to me.  He grasped my wrist before pulling me to face him. My gaze fell to the concrete, staring intently at the weed growing between the cracks.

 

“Yun Hee ya.”

“Deh?”

“Did you mean what you said before?”

“I…I’m not sure.”

“So you don’t really mean it? Why did you say it then?”

 

I tilted my head up to look at him, my eyes meeting his eyes, eyes that showed confusion. I cleared my throat before explaining, turning my head away.

 

“It’s not what it sounds like.  I’m not saying that I can’t ever love you.”

“But…?”

“I guess I’m just really confused. I didn’t believe that love could happen this fast. I’m pragmatic, practical, not a romantic.”

 

I dared another look before continuing.  His face at least looked calm now.

 

“I didn’t regret what I said I said.”

“You don’t?”

 

I looked away before speaking again and could still feel the rapid beating of my heart.

 

“No, in fact, I think it came out naturally because that’s what I unconsciously feel.  I’m just… having a hard time accepting it, since I feel that it’s too soon, like I’m moving too fast.”

“But what if it doesn’t have to be that way? What if you just let go of your practical beliefs just once, and let yourself go with the flow? Would it be so hard?”

 

I looked at him again, searching his face for any signs of anger.  There were none. Instead, all I saw was determination, determination to make me understand nothing was wrong with how I was feeling.

Jin Ki was right.  I wasn’t doing anything wrong.  I was aware that our time together hasn’t been all that long, but people are different, and that’s fine.  I haven’t done anything that has made me regret my actions.  I would be okay. 

 

“No, it wouldn’t.”

 

His face broke out into a smiling, relieved that I had finally made up my mind.  He pulled me toward him and wrapped his arms around me in a hug.  Raising my arms up, I returned the gesture.

 

“Just so you know, I love you too.”

 

Pulling back, I looked at him surprised.

 

“Chongmalyo?”

“Chongmal.”

“Since when?”

 

He thought about it before looking back at me.

 

“Since the New Year Gala. I just knew that if I was willing to go find a new pair of shoes for you just because you were in pain, I figured that I did love you.”

 

He found out then? Why didn’t he tell me?

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t want to scare you off.  I wanted to wait till you were ready before telling you that.  I guess I didn’t have to wait long, did I?”

“No, I guess not.”

 

He smirked before leaning down to kiss me.  It was short, but sweet, letting me know that he truly meant what he felt.  After awhile, he pulled back.

 

“Well, I guess I should get going now.”

“Mm, it’s getting late.  Good night oppa.”

“Night jagiya.  Sweet dreams.”

 

I waited until he drove away before going back into the house.  I suppose today turned out better than I expected it to be.  Walking to my room, I couldn’t suppress the grin that spread across my face.  After all, I was in love!

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                                      1/4/12

            I just got home from the orphanage, which means that I got the first thing on my to-do list done! It was a lot of fun, volunteering.  I got to make many children happy today, and in the process made myself happy as well.

            I met many lovely children, and got to go back to the past for a little while.  I don’t think I’ve played house since first grade, but playing it again, this time as the ‘mom’ was nice.  I think the girls had fun as well. Young Mi, Soo Jung, Ha Na, Mi Kyoung, Eun Jung, and Sun Kyu were all adorable when they got excited.  I need to bring my camera next time.

            After playing house, Jin Ki (who was playing blocks and Legos with the boys) and I got together to read stories to the children.  Since there were so many requests, we decided to read them all.  After that, we had dinner and then went home. Thinking about it makes me happy, and with that in mind, I know I’ll have to pay another visit soon.

            Well, it is getting late, so I suppose I should get ready for bed.  I do have school tomorrow after all.  I shall try to write soon, and hopefully it will be another task off the list.

 

Kang Yun Hee

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                                        1/4/12

            I’ve never really paid attention to little children before, but maybe that’s because I don’t have any siblings, nor have I been in many situations that have required me to deal with small toddlers.  Today was probably the first for me, since I tagged along with Yun Hee to visit the orphanage that she was volunteering at in place of her friend.  All I can say that it was a very new, but interesting, and an enjoyable experience for me.  I have to come back again next time Yun Hee wants to volunteer.

            I mostly spent my time with the boys, since the girls were enamored with Yun Hee while playing house.  It was fun still, since I remember playing with blocks and Legos when I was a child, and simply showed them what I used to build.  I think they were impressed, since they wanted to do it themselves afterward, and even asked me for help.

            After they were tired playing blocks, their attention was drawn to the books and stories that Yun Hee was being asked to read.  They all gathered toward the sofa where see was sitting and settled around her feet.  I took my spot next to Yun Hee and helped her read as well.  Once we were done with all the books, dinner was served.

            We left afterward, since this is a school night, and we still have to get enough sleep for class.  Overall, I thoroughly was happy with this opportunity, and wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.  I’ll write again later.

 

Lee Jin KI

 


 

End!

Comments are dwindling I see...my fault, I know 

But, it wouldn't hurt to see it go up again...pretty please? O:)

Anyway, Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

amyra961: Yeah, me too.  Being good with kids would certainly come in handy.

Lorena: Yup, it is good to know.  I want to do something like this someday as well :D

SHINeepoofs: Yeah, playing house was something I did a lot when I was younger.  It's a must do for a little girl ^^

amyluong: Hehe, I'm glad you like it :) 

onsangtae: I'm glad I included the children as well.  Nice simile by the way, I've never thought of it that way before.

RosyFanfiction: I do too, it would certainly make their image even better.  I believe SHINee did it during their Juliette promotions...

Lipgloss: Aww, you getting teary eyed on me? Need a tissue? *holds one out*

Shizine19: Lol, well, I wasn't really exact with the number of kids, but I think I was thinking around 15 to 20?

super_tink93: Good to know you liked the chapter :D I'll be working to keep that up!

xueqiong: Here's another update! I hope you liked it as much as the previous one.

damnthatdubu: I'm glad to be working on this story again as well.  Hope you'll continue to enjoy it!