Chapter 2

Say You Like Me

The class soon began to grow accustomed to the presence of the tall blonde waiting for Joonmyun, or as he claims, his boyfriend, when the bell rings. It was constantly said that the elder always leave class fifteen minutes before the bell ring since his own class is practically on the other side. Though Joonmyun never actually seemed pleased to see him Kris most of the time. Despite Kris publicly telling everyone they're an item, they certainly don't act like one. Kris was simply indifferent, acting like he was still single. The only difference was that he now kept a very close eye on Joonmyun, who didn't seem to enjoy his company much. People could only tell they were a couple due to Kris' possessiveness towards his boyfriend.

  As soon as Joonmyun left the class, Kris easily caught up, matching his pace. He could see the younger trying to mask his annoyance as the two walked to his locker. Joonmyun did as best as he could to contain himself, as he kept his stuff in the locker. His eyes caught his reflection in the mirror and noticed a small bruise threatening to peek. Reflexively, his hand went straight to his collar, trying to cover the bruise.

  "You alright?" Kris asked, though Joonmyun could've sworn he saw the corner of the blonde's lips upturn slightly.

  "Fine," he grunted, trying to act casual. Though he may have slammed his locker door too hard.

  "Come on then, we're going to miss lunch if we don't hurry," Kris said, knowing perfectly well they have plenty of time left. He shot a knowing smile at a group of whispering girls nearby.

  "You didn't have to wait," he grumbled. He didn't bother wasting his energy on protesting when Kris decided to intertwine their fingers together. He won't admit neither will he deny the pleasant warm feeling emitted from the simple touch.

  By the time they arrived at the table, Zitao and Chanyeol were already arguing about whatever idiotic topic of the day. Neither bothered to acknowledge the couple's presence, as they took their seats. This pleased Kris who was already working his hands under the table.

***

Watching from afar, it seemed as if Kris was dragging Joonmyun and forcing him to seat with together Kris and his two friends, Chanyeol and Zitao. This was only part of their relationship, Yixing realized. Of course, he had seen the 'couple' go around together. But with Joonmyun relucting to tell him anything, there's nothing he could actually proof. That didnt put him off though, especially not after he noticed the bruise on the back of his neck.

  "You're spacing out again," Sehun commented, getting his attention. "You should try to make it less obvious, you know."

  "What?" He asked, confused.

  "Your not so secret crush."

  "Crush? What crush?" Yixing asked, confused. What was the younger on about now?

  Sehun shook his head, muttering something incoherent.

  Just then, Jongin decided to grace them with his presence by slamming his stuff on the table. Yixing jumped slightly, surprised to see the younger annoyed. He was usually a cheerful idiot, engaging them in a conversation while at the same time trying to talk them into letting him being the main event once again. But the scowl on his face seemed to show otherwise.

  "What's wrong with you?" Sehun asked.

  "Mr Lee."

  "What about him?" Yixing asked, beginning to lose interest. He knew that the two always seem to get themselves in trouble with the teacher.

  "We got in a bit late this morning."

  "So? It's not like Mr. Lee could even remember the students who came in late," Sehun said. "He didn't even write our names down. What are you so worried about?"

  "A snitch saw us," Jongin grumbled.

  "What did he want?" Sehun sighed, now as upset as his best friend.

  "What? You guy know who's the snitch?" Yixing asked, curious.

  "Who doesn't?"

  "Chen," Jongin practically growled the name. "He wants two front seat tickets to the Street Dance Competition."

  "But we can't even get those tickets for ourselves," Sehun protested. "Why does he even want it? He doesn't like dancing."

  "Probably exchanging it for some signed baseball," Jongin grimaced. "He says if we don't, he's going to turn in our 'tardy list' as he calls it, to the principle."

  "Why would he do that?" Yixing asked, confused.

  "Who knows what goes in the Devil's head."

  "Well, it's not like you guys are always late," the elder said, unsure what's the problem. A couple hours in detention won't hurt anyone.

  "That's not the point," Jongin said. "If we give in to him, now, we will be known as one of his acquaintances and free for him to come to at anytime."

  "I don't want that," Sehun said, quietly thinking.

***

On the way back to class, Yixing managed to run into Joonmyun, who was surprising alone. The younger was more than happy to walk back to class with him. He acted as if he didn't notice the older's tousled hair which was unsuccessfully put back in place, or his swollen lips. The two just chatted as if everything was as it what it should be. Yixing ignored how the latter's top buttons seemed to be messily done. 

  The pair didn't make it to class together since Kris apparently didn't like seeing Joonmyun walking with him, or anyone else for that matter. He immediately made up some excuse before dragging Joonmyun away, ignoring the younger's protests.

  Yixing wanted to fight, he really did. But Kris is pretty scary.

  "That was interesting."

  Yixing turned to see Jongdae leaning against the wall nearby, eyes flicker from the couple to the guy in front of him. A lazy smile played on his lips.

  "The name's Chen-"

  "I thought it was Jongdae."

  "I can give you any info on anything you want," the younger continued, as if  he wasn't interrupted. "It comes with a price, of course."

  Yixing opened his mouth to question him on his name, when a thought struck him.

  "Anything?"

***

wow, am I inconsistent. I'm so sorry for the late update. I've decided to change up the plot a bit. Most of the story will show from Yixing's investigation. But KrisHo will be shown in almost every chapter. Their hidden little moments.

other characters will come in soon. Who do you want to see next?

oh, and when you have the time, check this out.