Our Love Is A....

Battlefield

BATTLEFIELD 

---

Sunggyu knew it was sick. That the foundation of their relationship, the only thing keeping it alive, were the fights. 

 
Their nightly fights, which started with everything then ended with nothing, screams, yells, taunts, tears. Then the passionate kisses that punctuated each fight and glued all their broken pieces back together. 
 
But they always seemed to end up at the same place. 
 
"Sunggyu, what was that today?" Woohyun hissed, eyes full of fury and hurt and a million other things Sunggyu couldn't name. 
 
It hurt Sunggyu to do this, every single night. But without the rage and the fighting (always, always the fighting), he knew that what the had were nothing. Kim Sunggyu and Nam Woohyun were nothing. Nothing but broken husks of devoid of love and happiness. 
 
So all he could so was play along, cocking a hip and scoffing with eyes blazing.  "Since when were my friends any of your business?"
 
Woohyun barked a short laugh that pierced through Sunggyu's skin and into his heart. "Oh I didn't realize that's what they call friendship nowadays."
 
"Myungsoo is my friend Woohyun. Or, don't tell me, I'm not allowed to have friends anymore?" He tried his best to conjure a sardonic smile and a burning glare. 
 
"He was all over you Sunggyu!" Woohyun snarled. "And you were letting him!"
 
"Nam Woohyun, when are you going to get it through your thick head that you're the only one I'll ever love?" Sunggyu screamed, nearing tears. Sunggyu would always be the one that cried. 
 
Woohyun tackled him, pinning him to their couch and peppering his neck with furious bites and . He would always be the one initiating and concluding the battles. 
 
Usually, the elder would be giving in by then, choosing to spend the rest if the night writhing under Woohyun in a daze of pain and pleasure, sheets and the younger's hair like a lifeline. 
 
But not this time. 
 
"Woo-ahh. Woohyun." With great effort, Sunggyu managed to push the younger off of him. 
 
Woohyun was breathing heavily, anger replaced with sudden puzzlement. 
 
Sunggyu sighed. "We can-Woohyun-ah, this isn't right. 
 
Threading his hands in the elder's hair, Woohyun tilted his head in the classic motion of befuddlement. "Gyu what-"
 
"Don't 'Gyu' me!" he snapped. "Woohyun, I'm so freaking tired of this. They fights, the rage, the hate. I love you."
 
Woohyun made a move to embrace the other. "Gyu, I love you too-"
 
"Do you really?" Sunggyu wasn't angry anymore. Only resigned. "You're so different in the morning and in the night, Hyunnie. In the morning, I'm Gyu, the hamster hyung you'll love forever and forever. But in the night, I'm Kim Sunggyu who makes so many, too many, mistakes.
 
"I feel like this-us, is more a minefield than a relationship. I have to be careful where I tread because anything can set us off." Sunggyu's voice broke. 
 
Woohyun pressed their foreheads together. "Sunggyu hyung, I'm so, so sorry. I never meant to hurt you hyung..."
 
He only smiled sadly. He knew, all-to-well, that this conversation would be null and void the next night. 
 
Neither had meant to start this war. 
 
But neither wanted to be the first one to swallow their swelling prides and raise the white flag of peace. 
 
And until they did...
 
They would be stuck in this cruel cycle until one of them is permanently and thoroughly destroyed. 
 
---
 
I bet you guys are starting to think I actually LIKE destroying my OTPs...