This Could Get Messy

And Then He Kissed Me

Chapter 1 - This Could Get Messy

-a story told in lengthy drabbles-

 


Jaeyun traced her finger in lulling circles on her desk as the clock ticked softly, and the teacher droned on monotonously. Her face was pressed against the soothing coolness of the metal desk. Her eyelids drooped lower and lower with each passing second. Chairs squeaked and students yawned. A warm, stifling wind blew in from the window. The tree branches outside shook and the leaves rustled. Jaeyun felt a yawn come onto her too. The warm air, the stillness of the room, the heaviness of her eyelids all just made her oh so sleepy. As she opened to yawn, the teacher called out her name, and she froze, still hanging wide open.

“Mu Jaeyun, please continue from where we just left off,” instructed Mr. Wu, the dashingly handsomest teacher in all of Chuseon High.

She glanced down at the closed book on her desk. Bashfully, she opened her text, flipping to the page her neighbor was on. “Uh…” she stalled.

“Jaeyun?” He turned to face her, his eyes questioning.

“Uh, yes. Um, I━”

“Jaeyun, were you even paying attention to me?”

“Y-yes.”

“Then, read.”

“I-I can’t, teacher.”

Kris gave her a bemused look. “Oh?”

“You see, I was paying attention. To you, that is, not the book…” Jaeyun paused to cover and giggle playfully. She thought it was the wittiest, funniest thing she'd ever come up with.

Mr. Wu did not think the same.

“Jaeyun...


Word Count: 240