Drabble II

Skin and Bones

 

"Jagiya! Let make cup cakes, red velvet one!" Himchan's disjointed English broke the silence of the couple cuddling on the couch. He brushed his lips along the base junction of Jozi's neck and shoulder, above where her collar bones perturbed out from the gentle slope of her chest. They had been sitting in comfortable silence happy to have a moment to themselves.

 

Jozi laughed slightly at the request and Himchan's avid attempt at her first language, "Waeyo?"

 

Himchan pouted and cuddled closer before whining softly in her ear, " Today is my day off and cheat day, I just wanted something sweet to share with my girl who I haven't gonna to hang out with in weeks." 

 

Jozi couldn't help but laugh out right at her boyfriend's response thinking how impossibly cute this man was, however dread seeped into the back of her mind, if they made food he would more than likely make her eat it. Himchan would be hurt if she did not try something that he put his effort into; she would have find a way to divert his attention. She  bit into her lower lip unaware that a pair of eyes were watching her lips intense. It was not until he brought his fingers up to her lip to ease her hold on the wounded flesh that she had notices how raw and sensitive her bottom lip had become.

 

His fingers caressed her swollen bottom lip, his eyes followed the curves of her face till they reacher her eyes. The sensual eye contact and searching look in Himchan's eyes had Jozi averting her gaze. His face hardened was she looked away from him, "Is everything alright?"  She could only look back at him through the corner of her eyes. Himchan's eyes blazed, he was not quite sure where the angry was coming from and who he was directing it at but it had to go somewhere. "Jozephine…" he whispered lowly.

 

A shiver ran through her body, the base in her boyfriend's voice sent a shock of fear straight to her heart. The tone of voice more than made up for the slightly off pronunciation of her name. Forcing herself to look back at him she cringed as if he was going to physically hit her. The voice she answered him was small as if she was scared to say anything at all, "Yes?"

 

"Why are you avoiding me? Why…" His frustration was audible in his voice as he tried to find words to convey what he felt. His brows furrowed before he sighed and took a deep breath to try and relax. "You-you're not cheating on me are you?"

 

Shock was written on over Jozi's face, her jaw dropped slightly as she eyed him in disbelieve. She never wanted anyone other than him, everything she had done as of late was for him, so he would not leave her. Her silence seemed to be enough justification for him. Himchan stood up and removed himself from her before stalking over to the door. It took several moments but she found her voice as he was turning the knob to leave.

 

"Himchan please! Please don't leave, I didn't! I-I wouldn't I won't!" Her voice thick with the sound of desperation, she whipped herself around and leaned against the back of the couch they had been sitting on.

 

Himchan laughed bitterly and turned round to face her again. His eye were wild with accusation, "I bet it was Yongguk, was he good? Forget it I'll ask when I tell him that he can have you…. geolle." Wrenching the door open he took a wide shift step out the door slamming it behind him. The slamming door was punctuated with a loud sob that escaped Jozi's lips. They continued to tumble from until her voice was horse and silence hung over the small apartment.