Shot One

My Psychotic Patient

Trina is on her way back to Seoul, she was waiting for her boarding time. A guy sat beside her. She asked the guy what time is it.

 

“Can’t you just look at the big wall clock over there?” The guy said pointing at the clock above the information desk.

“He is so annoying” Trina whispered and rolled her eyes. Luckily, they have announced that all Seoul passengers can go in to the plane. She stands up and went straight to the designated place for her plane. She did not notice that the guy he asked is also the guy beside her in the plane. It’s making her blood boil. She just put on her earphones and listened to Davichi’s songs.

 

After minutes, she stands up to look for her Anti—dizzy candy. The guy, who is sitting beside her, put his chocolate at Trina’s seat because he was looking for his phone. Trina, not knowing that there was as open chocolate on her seat, sat on her chair.

 

“Yah! What the hell!” she exclaimed and stands up immediately. She saw the chocolate smudge on her seat and probably she has chocolate stains on her white pants.

“Is this yours?” She asked angrily. The guy just looked at her and grinned.

“Stupid jerk!” She said and wiped the chocolate on his shirt. “Quits!” she added and went to the comfort room.

“Hey Miss! You have RED STAIN ON YOUR PANTS!” He shouted and smirked. Everyone on the plane is looking at her while she was walking and making fun of her.

 

Meanwhile, while she’s in the bathroom, she changed her clothes.

 

“Stupid! Stupid! Stupid crazy jerk! Did he just humiliate me? Damn him! URGG~” She murmured. She was stunned when someone knocked at the door.

“Hey! What’s taking you so long?” she heard. When she got out of the room he saw the ‘stupid guy’ laughing at her.  Her eyes popped out, her blood is boiling because of annoyance.

“Sorry for that, I’m just concerned and by the way my name is Luhan.” He grinned and raised his hand for a hand shake. Trina just rolled her eyes and snob him. Luhan on the other hand burst out laughing. He's an evil man.

 

Trina is very annoyed of what happened earlier. She really hates an arrogant person.

 

“What the hell was he thinking? Why would I shake my hand with him? Urg! Hate that jerk!” she whispered in annoyance.

 

Finally the plane had landed at the airport. She immediately dashed out of the plane; she really wanted to get out of there. She don’t know what she will do if she saw Luhan again.

She was waiting for her Sister to fetch her outside the airport.

 

“Miss! You have stain in your pants!” she heard someone and she looked at her pants. She saw Luhan, standing 10 meters away from her, laughing. For the second time she was fooled by the ‘stupid guy’. She gives him a dagger look and rolled her eyes.

 

 

After weeks, she had returned to her clinic. She’s a psychiatrist. She has many patients to check. She asked Sam, her secretary, how many private appointments she has for today, she has only one. She headed straight to her clinic waiting for her private patient. She was facing the wall looking for some files.

 

“You can come in now Sir.” Sam said escorting the patient to Trina’s room.

“Ms. Kim, the patient is here now.” Sam said.

“Okay, thank you.” Trina replied without facing Sam.

 

Trina turned her chair facing her patient. She was shocked because her patient is Luhan. For god sake it’s Luhan!

 

“So, what’s your problem?” Trina said arrogantly.

“Is that the way you treat your patient, Dr. Kim?” Luhan said and crossed his arms. She just raised her brow and get back to her business. Luhan just sit in front of her.

“Let’s get down to business now Mr. Xi” She said reading his personal information. “Tell me your problem.” She added.

“I think I’m getting crazy.” He said. When it comes to his feelings, he never lies and he takes it very seriously.

“I know right!” She said.

“What?” He said.

“Nothing, I said why’d you think so? She said.

“I don’t know. I get stressed even in the smallest things, I get frustrated and paranoid at times.” He answered.

 

Trina showed him some pictures and based on his answers about the pictures he is emotionally and mentally stressed because of his past experience.

 

“I suggest you to have some leisure time, relax your mind. Go to a place where you think you can find some peace of mind.” She said.

“I’ve already tried that and there’s no effect. I became more stressed.” He said.

“Okay.  I only suggest this kind of things to my close patients, but since you need this, I suggest you to go to a crowded place alone and laughed at least 10-15 minutes, alone.” She said, she’s actually fooling him, her way of revenge.

“Are you nuts? Why would I laugh alone?” He said.

“To test yourself if you’re going crazy.” She said.

“If I laugh alone in a crowded place, people there will think of me as a crazy person.” He said.

“Exactly! That’s how you’ll know if you’re crazy or not. The way you react to the reaction of people around you is the answer to your question.” She said. She was hiding her smile, she wanted to laugh loudly, because he’s really buying everything Trina say’s. “If you want I can accompany you but I will just observe you from a far.” She added.

“Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow then at the Seoul Grand Park. 8 am sharp” He said seriously. After that he bowed and leaves the clinic.

 

When luhan left the clinic, Trina burst out laughing. Sam immediately went inside Trina’s room. She was worried but then she saw Trina laughing hardly.

 

“He’s actually doing it.” Trina said and laughed even more.

Sam doesn’t know what’s up with her. “What?” she asked.

“He’s really doing whatever I say.” She chuckled. Trina told Sam what happened at the plane and she told her, her way of revenge to Luhan, she laughed evilly.

“You’re so mean!” Sam said.

“It’s his fault, he humiliated me and I’m just returning the favour.” She chuckled.

 

 

It’s already 8:09 when Trina arrived at the park. Luhan was waiting for her patiently near the fountain.

“Okay. Let’s get started. You laugh over there and I’ll be observing you here.” She said pointing at the garden.

 

Luhan walked slowly towards the garden, he can see many people there and he’s really serious about laughing for 10-15 minutes. He looked at Trina and then started laughing; he was standing at the middle. He really looks like a crazy person. Everyone in the park gave him a questioning look; some people were avoiding him when passing. He almost cried because of too much laughing. After 10 minutes of laughing, he stopped and walk towards Trina, He walked like nothing happened.

 

When he came closer to Trina, she was laughing so hard.

 

“Oh my gosh! You’re so crazy! You should have seen the looks of the people around you! They’re totally nuts.” She said and laughed. “And now we’re quits.” She chuckled and wiped the tears in her cheeks, tears of joy.

“WHAT?!” He exclaimed.

“Well you humiliated me at the plane, if you remember, and I just returned the favour.” She said and stuck out her tongue like 5 years old kid.

“You’re crazy!” Luhan said out of disappointment and humiliation and walked out.

 

Trina was guilty of what she did, but she did it just to get revenge of what Luhan did to her. She ran towards Luhan and asked for his forgiveness.

 

Luhan think of another prank to get his revenge. He put his left foot in front of Trina, she didn’t saw it, she fell down and planked, and many people saw her fell. She cannot stand up. Luhan continued walking and didn’t mind her. He turned around to see if she already got up, but not yet. He approached her and told her to stand up because people are looking at her. She pretended crying, she sit and told Luhan that she can’t stand up because her hurts.

 

Luhan offered his hands to Trina. Trina holds onto his hand and pulled Luhan to the ground. Now, Trina is standing and Luhan is planking.  

 

“And for the nth time, we’re QUITS!” She said and left Luhan.

 

Luhan stand up and dust off his pants and shirt.

 

Luhan asked for another appointment with Trina. He still needs to go to a psychiatrist.

 

“Good Morning Ms. Kim!” Luhan said and bowed.

“So, what now?” Trina asked and raised her brow.

“Can’t you be just kind to me for once?” He asked

“Okay then. What can I do to help you Mr. Xi?” She said sarcastically.

“That’s what I’m talking about. Be kind to your patient.” He said. “Hmm… So, can you accompany me to eat outside?” He added.

“I’m sorry Mr. Xi, but I believed that’s beyond my duty for being your psychiatrist.” She said and fakes a smile.

“I just want to have a formal apology with you for what happen last time.” He replied.

“A sorry will do, Sir.” She said.

“I want to eat outside!” He exclaimed

“Excuse me! You’re not the boss of me.” She said.

“But I’m your patient, so it’s your duty to help me relax my mind, right?” He mimicked.

“So what does that have to do with me?” She said

“Eating outside makes my mind relaxed. I’ll wait here until you say yes and I know you don’t want your other patients waiting.” He grinned and sat at the couch. He crossed his legs and arms. “So?” He added.

“Okay. After I finished checking my patients.” She said in annoyance.

 

After almost 3 hours of waiting.

 

Trina sat on her chair and let out a heavy sigh.

 

“I’m tired. Can we just eat outside in some other time?” She said.

“Of course not! I’ve waited here for almost 3 hours. So we have to go, NOW!” he said and stands up.

“Yah! You’re being to bossy!” She said.

 

Luhan hold Trina’s wrist and dragged her to his car. He carried all of Trina’s things.

 

“Where are we eating?” Trina asked.

“I’m the driver, so I decide.” He said and drove very fast. Trina just rolled her eyes and buckled her seat belt.

 

Luhan brought her to his favourite cozy restaurant.

 

“Wow. Nice taste.” She said and clapped her hands.

“It gives me a warm and ease feeling.” He said.

 

30 minutes and their food had arrived. While eating their food Luhan asked.

 

“Why did you choose to be a psychiatrist?”

“I don’t know. I just felt that it’s for me to be a psychiatrist.”

“Hmm… Is it hard to deal with crazy people?”

“No, I enjoy talking to them and I wanted to help them recover to whatever they’re going through.”

“Uh.” He said and nodded his head.

“Hmm. So, tell me. What’s your problem?” she asked.

“I don’t know, I think I’ve been like this since the day that my Fiancé broke up with me.” He said.  “I realized that maybe I’m not worthy of anything. And I become more anxious about myself. I really don’t know.” He added.

“You don’t have to be stressed about that. For me, you don’t need to be in a relationship to prove your worth.” She said.

 

Trina excused herself to go the Comfort room. When Luhan saw Trina walked inside the room, he called the waiter to order a jalapeño and asked to mince it. When the jalapeño arrived, Luhan put it to Trina’s drink. He really likes to put prank on Trina. He didn’t notice that Trina saw what he did. Trina sits carefully, thinking of how she can exchange her drinks with Luhan. She pointed at something funny; Luhan looked at the direction that Trina pointed. When Luhan turned around, she immediately exchanged their drinks.

 

“That’s really funny.” She said and drinks her ‘drink’. Luhan looked at her as she drinks her ‘Spicy drink’. Luhan drinks his ‘drink’ too. And voala. Luhan asked the waiter to get him some water.