Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop

 

 It was raining heavily and everyone was either running to avoid the rain or sharing umbrellas with strangers. Well, not everyone and definitely not Jiyong. Jiyong was sitting by the window in his favourite coffee shop a few blocks away from his house. The sound of rain drops knocking on the window makes him happy. If most people hated the rain then Jiyong wasn't like most people. He loved the rain. The rain makes it easier for him to write lyrics and compose new songs.

 

She was frustrated and wet. Jessica went inside the coffee shop to warm herself up and get a hot caramel macchiato. She was frustrated; again. The coffee shop was crowded and she had a hard time finding the way to the counter to place her order. She heard her name being called and one other random guy's name by the barista. She went over to pick up her coffee and heard a soft chuckle.

 

“I'm sorry but that's mine. This, I suppose is yours,” Jiyong chuckled while pointing to the cup of coffee in Jessica's hand and the coffee in his.

“Look, there's my name on it; Jiyong. Well, unless your name is Jiyong too then I apologise but I'm pretty sure my mum gave me a guy's name.”

 

Jessica looked at the cup of coffee in her hand and back at Jiyong who had his left eyebrow raised.

 

“Oh, I'm sorry. I did not notice. Here you go.” She gave him his coffee and took hers from his hand.

 

“Do you want to sit together? There's no other empty tables but if you're leaving or you don't mind standing then that's alright. I'm okay with getting rejected.” He smiled and Jessica was really sure she had just seen the most beautiful smile ever. That didn't mean she didn't doubt about sitting with a complete stranger.

“Don't worry, I won't touch you or do anything bad to you. There are still good people in this terribly awful world, you know.” Jiyong said.

 

“Okay then. Where are you sitting?”

 

It was a bit awkward for both of them during the first few minutes. She told him her name and age and he did the same. That's all they've said to each other. Jessica looked extremely shy around him and Jiyong noticed that his cheeks coloured so many times already since he was with her.

 

“Oh what was that?” Jessica asked the chuckling boy in front of her.

“You were out of the world weren't you? I was asking why did you came here?” He said.

“Sorry. I was supposed to be meeting a friend of mine at the shopping mall nearby but plan was cancelled last minute. She had to run some errands. I wanted to go home after I got her text but since it was raining, stopping by for a hot coffee would be really good.” She took a sip of her coffee and looked up to Jiyong only to find him staring at her. “

What are you doing here?” She blushed.

 

“I'm always here on Saturdays. You know, school work and stuffs like that.” Jiyong answered her question after breaking off their eye contact. She was already looking down to her feet but Jiyong just can't stop staring at the beautiful woman in front of him.

'Stop it Jiyong. She must've thought you're some kind of freak who invites every other girl that took the wrong coffee to your table and stare at them every Saturday.'

 

“What's that?” Jessica pointed her index finger to the music sheets in front of Jiyong. “You write songs? Can I take a look?”

 

“Yeah. Mostly ballads but they're not good.” He gave out a soft chuckle and rubbed the back of his neck with one hand while giving the music sheets to Jessica with the other.

 

“Oh right, I recorded it with a friend of mine last two weeks. Do you wanna give it a listen?” Jessica nodded but he didn't notice as he was busy looking for his iPod in his knapsack.

 

 

“So, which school are you in?” Jiyong asked her. They were walking together to Jessica's house. She had listened to his song and had complimented him on how great the song was. When the rain had stopped Jessica decided to go home since she's on curfew and well, someone was being a gentleman and asked if he could walk her home.

“Why? You want to walk me to school too or you're hoping we'd be in the same school?” Jessica giggled.

 

“Yes and no. I'd like to spend more time with you and go on walks with you like now. You're pretty interesting and well, I wished we'd be in the same school but I'm in an all-boy school. Do you know Genie High?” He stopped walking after noticing Jessica did.

“Your house?” He asked while looking at the huge house in front of him. Jiyong supposed Jessica is a daughter of some kind of a rich CEO or something.

 

“Yes and yes. I do know Genie High. It's just down the block isn't it? And this is my house. Thank you Jiyong oppa. That was really nice of you for you know just now and walking me home. I guess there really are nice people in this terribly awful world.” She smiled at him and slightly nodded her head before going inside.

 

“Wait, Jessica!” He shouted loud enough that Jessica's neighbour was staring at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Can I have your phone number?” Jessica giggled shyly and walked back towards him. “You don't have a boyfriend do you because..” Jessica cut off his sentence and said

“No, I don't and here you go.” She gave Jiyong her phone number that she'd wrote on a piece of small paper she found in her handbag before running back into her house without a goodbye.

With a huge goofy grin, Jiyong went back to his dormitary.

 

 

02982819739 – Jessica J xo