I'm Not What He Wants

여자라서 (Because I'm a Girl)

I watch him with Sungyeol.

He’s so different with Lee Sungyeol.

He smiles more, he laughs more, he talks more. He’s so HAPPY in Sungyeol’s company. I wonder what that would feel like.

I smile bitterly.

I’d confessed to Myungsoo once, before. He’d told me he already liked someone else. My heart had broken, but I accepted it because Myungsoo was a good person. He deserved someone better than me, than what I alone could give.

And apparently he found all he needed in Lee Sungyeol.

I can’t deny it. Sungyeol is beautiful. Tall, popular and good-looking to boot. When I asked Myungsoo if those were the reasons he liked Sungyeol, he shook his head.

“I like him because he’s Sungyeol. Not because of what he can offer others.”

I was tempted to say that that was the reason I liked him too. He fit me perfectly. He was quiet where I was loud, he was beautiful where I was plain, he was perfect where I was not.

But I have no right to say that. Because he belongs to someone else.

I watch as Myungsoo pulls Sungyeol from the crowd, as he kneels in front of Sungyeol with earnest and loving eyes, as he proclaims his love bigger than the sky and deeper than the ocean.

I watch as Sungyeol smiles widely, as he pulls Myungsoo from the ground, as he buries his hands in Myungsoo’s hair and entraps his lips in a sweet kiss.

Myungsoo will never be mine.

I’m never going to be what he wants.

Not just because I’m a girl.

Because I’m not Lee Sungyeol.

~~~

I like writing drabbles. They’re cute. AND easy.