Angel On the Bus

Vanity & Modesty

Chapter 1


Taeil quickly crawled behind the racks of clothes in the dressing room. 

Please don’t let them find me. Please don’t let them find me. 

“Taeil Hyung? Where are you?” Ji Hoon called out. The maknae looked under the table in the dressing room.
“Aish, Why is he always hiding whenever we have a photoshoot!” Jae Hyo complained. Taeil heard footsteps coming towards the clothing rack where he hid. His heart started to race.

“Maybe he’s behind this clothing rack.” Min Hyuk said casually.Taeil felt the clothing rack move slightly. 

Ottoke?

Excuse me can Ahn Jae Hyo go first please. We will find Taeil-ssi later.” He heard the director say from the doorway. He heard the three members sigh in defeat. 

“Let’s go.” Jihoon said. “Maybe he went to bathroom and will come back later.” 

Taeil heard the sound of footsteps leaving the room, and then the door closed. He crawled out from behind the racks and smiled with relief. 
I must leave before they find me!

---

Sneaking out from the building wasn’t hard at all; no one noticed that he was leaving everyone was so busy trying to prepare the other members for their shoot. Block B was doing a special photo shoot with animals. Yes, real animals. Out of all theanimals that Taeil could be partnered with he had to be paired with a tamed lion from the local zoo. Of course it was bad enough that he had problems taking solo photos, it was 50 times worse when he had a lion breathing down his neck. With all the pressure he faced, Taeil felt that the best way to handle this situation was to go into hiding or run away. He would just have to deal with the consequences later. 

“Freedom!” he shouted as soon as he got on the bus. Several of the passengers gave him a strange look. Taeil became self conscious and put on his sunglasses. This is so embarrassing.

Taeil sat down at a empty seat in the front of the bus. He was glad that he could escape, but all of a sudden it just occurred to him that he wasn’t really sure where the bus was going. He had blindly hopped on the first bus that he saw. He got up from his seat and climbed towards the driver. Everyone knows that Taeil had a problem with balance so getting to the bus driver proved to be a difficult task. 

“Excuse me Ahjussi, where does this bus stop at?” He asked timidly.

“This bus goes from Seoul to Seongnam.” He said pointing from north to south, “Where are you trying to go?” 

“I don’t know I guess Seongnam then?” Taeil really did not know where else to go.

He sighed and sat back down at his seat. The bus stopped so that a group of teenage girls would come on. Aish I hope they don’t recognize meHe quickly zipped up his hoodie so that his mouth was covered he already had sunglasses on so there was no need to hide his eyes.The girls didn’t notice him (to his relief) and they sat down at the vacant seats at the back of the bus.

“Excuse me Ahjussi can I sit here?” someone asked him.Taeil looked up and saw what he believed to be the prettiest girl in the world.She had long black hair, bright big eyes and a sweet smile. He was so lost in her beauty that he could not properly answer her question. 

She giggled at his boy-like fascination. She asked him again. 

“I’m sorry would it be okay if I sit down at this seat.” She pointed at the empty seat nice to Taeil. Taeil awaken from his daydream.
“Please do…” he said, “I-I-I mean it is okay if you want.” He fumbled nervously. She smiled and then took a seat next to him. He glanced at her from the corner of his eyes, he suddenly started to sweat. Why is she so pretty?

He leaned over to the right just so his body would not makeany contact at all with hers. Suddenly he heard her cell phone ring.

“Yeoboseyo?” she answered sweetly, “Oh Umma, Ne I am goingto the music store right now.” 

Taeil liked how she talked to her mother; he could hear the loving tone in her voice. The way her voice sounded so sweet-- she was angel.Taeil smiled to himself. The girl continued talking on the phone but Taeil did not feel the need to listen to her conversation, he felt as though he was invading her privacy, instead he decided to check his text messages.
-----
 

To: Taeil 

From: Zico (Ji Ho)

Don’t come home *angry face

.===========
 

To : Taeil

From: Ji Hoon(PO)

Hyung it wasn’t as hard as you thought, the animals werevery nice and tame. Maybe they should have made your animal partner a mouse.Come home safely.

=======

To: Taeil

From: Joong Hoon (Cho PD)

I allowed them to photograph you with a lion because lions are courageous animals, full with strength and vigor. Taeil too needs to have this courage. I am not angry, but today you disappointed hyung.

=======

The last message really hurt him. He hated the fact that he wasn’t strong enough. He suddenly wished he could have the courage of 100 lions,right now he was just a mouse. Taeil wished he had the courage to stay for  the photoshoot and he also wished that he could have to courage to talk to the beautiful girl sitting next to him. He glanced at her at the corner of his eye.

She was no longer on her cell phone anymore. He observed her face. Why does she look so uncomfortable?Is she sick? 

He saw something moving at the corner of his eye. He could not believe it. There was someone’s hand on her thigh. He turned so that he could see more properly. Next to the girl was this middle aged man, he was running his left hand up and down her thigh. Taeil let out a loud gasp. He looked at the girls face;she was clearly frozen in shock and almost near tears. 

“YAH! YOU ERT!” Taeil jumped up from his seat!

TO BE CONTINUED....