Missing

Petrichor

 

***

 

"What are you going to do now?" Jungkook asked me. I thought about his questions for awhile.

 

"Hide... and come back after I'm ready" I whispered. The act is cowardly but I need time. Once I'm strong enough I'll come back.

 

"I'll be with you" Jungkook grabs my hand and squeezed it. I shook my head and look at him in the eye.

 

"I need to go alone. I can't risk you" A tear fell from his eyes and my chest felt heavy. The thought of separating kills the both of us inside but this is the best for us. If Jungkook comes with me, the chances of them aiming for him is high. What they did to me is enough.

 

"I love you" Jungkook whispered to me and kissed my temple. I closed my eyes and savored our last moments together. Our time is running out and fate is being cruel with us. 

 

"I love you too" He kissed my lips for the last time and I felt every emotion with it. Both of us never wanted this to happen. We never ask for this. No one would. Being apart from someone you love is suicide. But I'll try to survive and I know he will too.

 

"Take care and be strong" I told him. He nodded and wiped my tears with his thumb. "Find me when you come back. I'll wait for you. I promise" He told me. A promise. That is what we need right now. It was all that we need to survive and to fight for our love. It will keep us going and I know, Jungkook is a man of his word. 

 

Never once did I doubt his loyalty and trust. We were brought up together, went through the good and bad together. Nothing could break our bond. Even if we were miles apart, that bond will never break. Mark my words. It will never break.

 

Footsteps are heard in a distance and this is our cue to separate. I gaze in his eyes and tried to remember every feature of his face. I don't know when I'll be back and I certainly don't want to forget his face. That face that have been through with me all this years until now. 

 

The footsteps are getting near and I made the first move to leave. I back up slowly while watching him then disappeared in the dark. That will be last time I'll see him, until I come back. Tears escaped from my eyes and my heart clenched in my chest. I can feel it already. That longing. Hopefully I'll survive without him.

 

~

 

"Flight to Japan 2330 is now boarding. Passengers please proceed to gate A-9"

 

I rolled my luggage behind me and hand the tickets to the securities. I board the plane and sat next to the windows. I gaze outside and stared at the darkness. My life will be different now and I'm sure Jungkook's too. But our heart will stay the same. 

 

Japan is going to be a new start for me and I will come back. I hope they are ready. I will pay them back far worst from what they have done to me.

 

 

The plane landed and I rolled my luggage out the exit. Someone was suppose to pick me up... I waited outside, standing with my bags at my side.

 

"Kira?" I turn my head and my sight met with a man. He was tall and had a high cheekbones. Eyebags was visible from under his eyes, he had thin lips and his frame was built well. "Tatsuya..." I whispered his name. My surprised face turned into a smile and I ran to hug him. I felt his arms circled around me and I hugged him tighter. 

 

"I'm glad you're here" I told him. He slung his arm around my neck and took my luggage. He led the way to his car. "Me too. It's been awhile since I last saw you." We reached his car and I sat next to the driver seat. He placed my luggage on the back and sat next to me. He ignited the engine and soon drove off the airport. 

 

"So, what happened?" He ask. I tense immediately at the questions. "It's not like I don't want you here or something but it was so sudden when you called and told me that you'd be staying here. I deserve an explanation don't I?"

 

I took a while to answer the questions but finally did after thinking that sooner or later he'd find out anyway. "They got me" I said. I felt Tatsuya's gaze on me but didn't say anything. I saw he nodded his head and I'm thankful that he didn't ask for details. 

 

"What are you going to do now?" That's the second time someone asked me and a billion times I asked myself. It went around my mind the whole flight and I came to a conclusion.

 

"I want to be under your wing" I said. "Are you sure? It's not going to be easy" 

 

"It's the only way" You see, Tatsuya is like a brother to me and Jungkook. Tatsuya once went to Korea for some business but something went wrong and he got chased. Fortunately we bumped into him and me and Jungkook led him away from the chasers. For the time that Tatsuya stayed in Korea, we became some sort of like siblings. 

 

Tatsuya is also a yakuza leader. His clan is fearsome in Japan. I decided to train under him. It's the only way that I could think of to become stronger. The training will be harsh, I know that. But I'm ready, ready to do anything to get stronger. Staying with Tatsuya lowers the risk of them finding me. I'm sure sooner or later they'll get tired of finding me. 

 

We arrived at Tatsuya's house. It was a traditional Japanese house, expected coming from a yakuza leader. The area is huge. I can see several houses in the same land, I'm sure some of the houses is a training hall. Tatsuya led me to the main house and entered a room. It was nice and warm.

 

"This will be your room from now on. Tell me if you'd like to change anything" Tatsuya turned to me. "This is perfect. Thank you" I thanked him for a lot of things, mainly for taking me in.

 

"Anything for my little sister" I'm touched that he thought of me that way. I gave him a smile in response. "Well, try to get as much rest as you can and maybe you could explore the place," Tatsuya placed my luggage in a corner. "What's mine is as much as yours so don't hesitate to ask for anything" I nodded at him. "Rest well, and oh, you'll start in two days" He gave me a wink and left the room, closing the door.

 

The training starts in two days. I guess I'll have to start on exploring this place first. I open my luggage and fill up the closet with my stuff. A picture of me and Jungkook was placed on the dressing table. I gaze his picture and my heart clench. I miss him already... I hope he's doing fine.

 

I shook of the thought and tried to focus on the present time and not to think of the past. I went out the door and explored the places. The place was a lot more bigger than I thought would be. I found the training rooms and some guys practicing. I watch them practicing, real blades, this is really survival.

 

After a few hours watching them training and making some friends, I headed back to the main house. I saw Tatsuya feeding the fish in the pond in the garden. I went up to him. "Like what you see?" he said. I nodded. "It's perfect. Just what I needed" I watch the fish swims for awhile and leaned my head on Tatsuya's shoulder. "How's Jungkook?"

 

"The last time I saw him, he was crying" I tried to make a joke but that failed miserably when I started sobbing. Tatsuya immediately hug me. "You really love him huh." He rubbed his hands on my back and I cried silently on his chest. "I will help you, Kira. Nothing will ever separate you from him. I promise you that" For a killer, he did a really good job in comforting people. 

 

"Come on. Let's go inside."

 

***