--

Let me be the one
"I love you hyung. I really do. But thisー we, just don't work anymore. Stop pretending you still love me. It hurts me more, hyung." 
 
"Sehun ah..." 
 
Kyungsoo tried to reach sehun's face but the latter backed away. It's their third anniversary today. This day was meant to be special. Kyungsoo expected bouquets, rose petals on the floor, candlelit dinner and a sehun waiting for him at home wearing a tie and suit but what greeted him was just a cold, dark apartment and sehun leaning against the couch. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out where this is going. 
 
"Did you notice i'm getting thinner hyung? Did you notice how bloodshot my eyes have become? Did you notice how dark my eyebags became?" Sehun let out a long and heavy sigh.
 
"Do you even notice ME hyung?"
 
Kyungsoo, mouth agape, just stood there looking at sehun's eyes, searching for what those words meant. He examined sehun from head to toe. It's the first time in months, that he looked at sehun properly. It's true that he got thinner. It's true that his eyes were red, a tad bit puffy and his eyebags have gotten worse. Is he the reason why sehun became like this? If it is, why him?
 
"Sehun, I don't understand."
 
"Of course you wouldnt know why i became like this. This is the first time in months that you've taken a good look at me. All because you have someone else to take a good look into." Sehun heaved out another sigh as he leaned back on the door. On his left were his things, all packed up. He looked at his bag then shifted his eyes on kyungsoo. Sehun smiled painfully at the boy with large eyes and plump lips.
 
 "What's his name again? Jongin?" Sehun asked. 
 
"Sehun let me explain." Kyungsoo retorted. He moved closer to sehun. Neither of them broke eye contact. 
 
"Hyung, you don't have to. You don't have to pretend anymore. See? I'm leaving." 
 
Kyungsoo rested his head on the space between sehun's neck, crying.  
 
"Sehun ah, i love you. Don't leave." Kyungsoo pleaded. He let out small sobs while the tall boy his back, hushing him, telling him not to cry.
 
 "I know you still love me hyung. But you can't love us both. Not equally."
 
Kyungsoo stopped crying and looked up at sehun's dark and painful eyes. 
 
"I know I will never be the one you love most." 
 
Sehun kissed kyungsoo's tears away and place his lips upon the small boy's forehead. The kiss was chaste, although it still lingers. 
 
"I love you enough to let you go hyung." 
 
Sehun smiled for the last time and with that he picked up his things, opened the door to the apartment he lived in for three years and never looked back at the crying and pleading boy he loves from the bottom of his heart.