Too Much Too Soon

Too Much Too Soon - Xander

Walks seem to be the only way to escape reality but you couldn’t escape it any more, you needed to tell him. It had been a couple days since you had found out that you were pregnant through the recent doctor appointment that you had, but Xander was out on tour and haven’t had the chance to tell him yet. Walking past their dorm daily was your new route as you wished that he would come home but you were so scared about what he would think. Xander and you have only been together for a year and had been married for four. Thinking that it would be too much too soon you hid the news from him as you two spoke the last couple days.

Sitting on the bench inside of the complex’s courtyard, where their dorm was you swung your feet as Eli walked up and sat next to you dragging his luggage behind him. He hugged you gently as you stared at the flowers across the way.

”______? Is everything ok?” Eli asked as he rubbed your shoulder. Eli was one of the members that you were super close to. He took it upon himself to almost become your older brother while you dated Xander and now he was one of your best friends in UKISS. Your heart tugged wanting to tell him about the news but your mind held back your words.

"You know you can talk to me about anything right?" His words said comfortingly as you nodded, his head tilted as to try to find your emotions and read your mind as you let out a sigh.

"When are the other members coming back?" You played with your wedding ring.

"In a couple hours." Eli answered your question confidently another sigh escaped your lips as Eli pulled you onto his shoulder resting your head gently, letting the warm sun heat you up.

"I-I’m pregnant." You whispered as you felt Eli shift as his hand gently rubbed your shoulder saying it a little louder for him he heard you the second time as he wrapped you in a hug.

"That’s wonderful _____-ah. Does Xander kn-" You shook your head at he put his full attention towards you. Nodding his head he just held you, something that you desperately wanted since they left but you wanted to be held by Xander but you didn’t know if you would be able to now. Some tears slipped onto his shirt as he just held you tightly. "How about I get you home and then we can get you and Xander some time together, alone." You nodded as he ran his bags inside before coming out and helping you up, walking with you to your apartment.

Once he got you inside, he made you a nice soup and helped feed you as he situated you on the couch with pillows and blankets. Turning down the blinds, shading you from the dusk sunlight you drifted to sleep as you knew he was going to head back to the dorm.

The weight of the news was on his shoulders now as he saw the members in the dorm, most of them were sleeping from the plane ride and the time difference as Eli sat on the couch and started to write a list of things that you were going to need for the new arrival.

Things to Get
- toys
- food
- bottles
- bed
(crib)

Xander sat right next to Eli on the couch as he read the list over Eli’s shoulder.

"What’s with that list? Are you adopting a little pet or something?" Xander asked as Eli shook his head, gulping hard. Trying to hide the list from him as he added some more.

- diapers
- car seat
- clothes

Xander read the rest of the list despite how hard Eli tried to hide it. His eyes got wide as he looked at Eli waiting for an explanation.

"Are you having a baby, Eli?" Xander joked as Eli gave him a serious surprised stare.

"No, you are." Eli said quietly as Xander flashed a confused look. Eli tried to get up from the couch as Xander pulled him back down. Looking right into Xander’s eye Eli said, "________’s pregnant." Getting up from the couch he let the list land as Xander sat there in shock.

"E-Eli? Where is she?" Xander called as he looked at the list, thinking that this could be a sick joke that they would be playing on him.

"At home." Eli said as he closed the door behind him. Xander grabbed his jacket as it was now dark and cold as he walked with his hands in his pockets as he opened your door with his spare key. Walking through the door he found you asleep on the couch, his heart melted as he saw you. The most beautiful creature to roam this earth was asleep on the couch. Taking off his shoes he walked up to you and sat on the couch where your body wasn’t as his hand gently rested on your side, his fingers gently pushing your hair back behind your ear and rubbing your cheek with his finger as you stirred.

”________?” Xander said quietly as you rubbed your eyes like a child and looked up at him.

"You’re home~" You whispered as you entangled your fingers with his. He nodded as he just looked at you, not stopping to find you more beautiful than when he left.

"You are so beautiful." He breathed as he leaned down and kissed your cheek then your neck gently. Guiding his lips to yours you kissed him passionately as his lips hungrily moved over yours.

"I am so happy. I come home to a beautiful wife and a baby." He says after a deep and prolonged kiss. Your expression turns cold as you get out from his grasp and run off to the bedroom. "_______?" Xander comes after you as he knocks on the door.

"How did you know?" You called through the door as you hugged his pillow in your arms.

"Eli." He leaned against the door as you mumbled under your breath that you would hurt him the next time that you saw him.

"Xander?" You called through the door as his hand grasped the knob harshly, "Were you mad when you found out?"

"No. I was more worried about what you thought. I have always wanted a family, I didn’t want you to feel pressured that is why we never really talked about it." Xander said as he opened the door a little so he wouldn’t have to talk loud. He walked into the room as you cuddled his pillow.

"I thought you said that it was too much too soon." You pointed out as that is why he waited so long on everything.

"I just know what I feel and I love you and our baby." His arms slowly wrapped around you as his head rested on your shoulder.

"Don’t you have to go back to your members?" You felt tears brim your eyes at his beautiful words.

"That isn’t where my heart wants to be."