Chapter 1

Wednesday...Thursday....

 

“See you.”

 

I open my eyes and check the time on my phone, it’s already afternoon. Getting up was tough until I opened the curtains and looked outside. The rain explains why I woke up this late. It has always been like this, the rain having this effect on me. Suddenly, I hear my phone beep. It was a text from my bestfriend.

 

Hey, are you awake? Don’t forget about the gathering later. I’ll wait for you at the front.

From: Taeyeon

 

Oh. I almost forgot.

 

To: Taeyeon

I just woke up. Thanks for reminding me. And by the way, you don’t need to wait for me. I know you have things you need to do. Don’t worry, I’ll manage.

 

Dropping my phone on the bed, I went to take a shower. When I finished, I went to check my phone again and there’s a new text message.

 

Don’t argue with me anymore. I’ll wait for you and that’s final. See you!

From: Taeyeon

 

I notice myself smiling as the message ends. Feeling very light, I got to my feet and prepared myself for later.

I stand on the bus stop as I wait. It’s not raining anymore. Few people are passing by and the road wasn’t so crowded with cars, I guess this is one of my lucky days.

The bus arrives. I sat on a single sit by the window near the back of the bus. Only one other passenger was there with me and she was sitting at the very front. Even with the not so crowded road ahead, it would take quite a long time for me to get to my destination. I took out my phone from my pocket then observed around me. The rays of sunlight pass through the glass window and onto the girl sitting in front. I took a picture of it. While looking at the picture I just took, Taeyeon’s face popped up. She’s calling.

 

“What’s up?”

“Where are you?” she asked.

“I’m on my way. Why?”

“Where exactly?”

“I’m in the bus right now. I think I’m almost at my stop.”

“Oh. Okay. I thought you… nevermind.”

“You thought what? That I was going to ditch you?”

“Got that right! HAHA. I’m just kidding so just hurry up, okay?”

“You’re such a bully Taeyeon.”

 

We talked some more until I was at my stop. When I got off from the bus the bus seem more crowded. I was lucky I almost had it all to myself earlier.

Seeing the front of the building of my destination, I saw my bestfriend waving at me. I smiled.

 

“Hey.”

“Hey! Let’s go!” as she place his arm around my shoulder.

 

As we entered the hall, she was quickly separated from me because I was one of the ‘new ones’. I felt lost. I don’t know anyone but my instinct tells me that if I don’t mingle, I wouldn’t survive here. I started by approaching others and soon enough I made acquaintances. I was talking with some fellow new members when I noticed a certain person. As our conversation progresses, I asked them what’s their hobbies. All of them answered with the common things except her.

 

“I like to get on my bike and wander around.” She answered shyly.

 

With that, I got more curious about her. I wanted to ask more but then someone came.

 

“Hey buddy.” Taeyeon said as I felt a heavy weight put upon me.

 

I felt kind of relieved that she’s finally here, forgetting my curiosity to the girl earlier. Before I could introduce her to the others I was cut off.

 

“I know it’s not polite for me not to introduce myself but as of now I won’t. But be ready ‘cause you’ll know me soon enough.“ a big smile on her face.

 

After that, we said our goodbyes while stopping when it came to her, she was smiling at me.

 

Beautiful.” It almost slipped my mouth.

 

“See you guys around.”

 

Turning my back, I walked with Taeyeon. She introduced me to her friends and we got along right away. We were at the corner because we were getting loud and we’re afraid that soon enough we’ll catch the attention of the other people in the hall. We don’t want that. You see, we are kind of talking about other people and the things we are saying might offend them. Wait. Scratch that. It will offend them. But we’re not looking down on them; we’re just talking about how we see them and what they’ve heard about them. It’s purely gossiping amongst ourselves.

Playing around, laughing and all, I was really having a good time. My eyes suddenly fell on the girl earlier. She looks really bored. She’s like and open book I can clearly read. But when I was about to turn my gaze elsewhere, she met my eyes. I saw something change in her eyes. It’s like she’s happy to see me, happy to see that I’m looking at her, happy to see that our eyes have met for whatsoever reason.

Someone passed by and broke our gaze so I turned to my friends again. I don’t know if she’s still looking but I didn’t check anymore. Maybe she was looking at something else when I thought our eyes met.

Time flew by quickly. I guess that’s how it is when you really enjoy the company you have.

 

“Guys, I’ll go out for a bit.” I told my friends.

 

I quickly walked through the crowd then out of the hall. Finding a bench at the side, I decided to sit for a while. Exhaustion crept throughout my body. I felt my eyes become heavy as I leaned onto my back. I suppose I fell asleep since when I opened my eyes someone was there sitting beside me but I don’t care so I closed my eyes again. I heard a giggle. I wanted to tolerate it but it was coming from the person sitting beside me. Looking at the person and noticing that she looks familiar I decided to speak but before the words escape my mouth she turned to me and kissed me on the cheek.

 

“Hi, how have you been?” She said, still giggling.

“F--ine.” That’s all I’ve manage to say. There she was, the girl I loved, right in front of me. I didn’t know what to do.

“I’ve missed you!” Then she suddenly grabbed my arm, hugging it, keeping me really close. I blushed.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her to exercise some of my facial muscles that must catch some or something.

“I’m here because of you!” She said as she tightened her grip on my arm.

“Oh. I see.” I said flatly.

“Aren’t you happy I’m here?” She asked sadness and disappointment in her voice.

“It’s not like that. I was just surprise.” I sound defensive.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered.

“Don’t be. It’s not like we wanted ‘that’ to happen.” I said sadly almost a whisper.

 

We sat there for what felt like hours but only a couple of minutes really. No one bothered to break the silence. We didn’t want to talk about it. Right then I heard some noise from the hall I came from. Deciding that there’s nothing more to do there I motioned to stand up but she pulled me back earning an awkward position. I get a whiff of her smell, sweet like my favorite. She my hair then caressed my cheeks. Hands so soft like they used to be. I closed my eyes as I start to feel her every touch. She still knows how weak I am to her. I inched closer feeling really hot and longing.

 

“Open your eyes.” She told me softly and sweetly. I opened them only to be welcomed by her lips.

“I love you.” She said between the kisses.

I loved you too.” I answered in my mind. For obvious reasons I pulled away. Confusion evident on her face.

“This is not right…and you know why.” I told her.

 

She sunk on her chair feeling guilty. I can hear sobs from her. I wanted to hug her, comfort her. I wanted to tell her it’s all gonna be alright but I can’t. None of those words were true. I knew it. We both knew it.

I stepped closer and kissed her on the forehead and said, “I’m sorry, I didn’t want to make you cry. Thank you for seeing me. Goodbye.” And with that I walked away.

I entered the hall with the same face I had when I left. I don’t know why but the moment I stepped in, it’s like I’ve been washed clean of all the things I’ve just felt a moment ago. I don’t know why but I feel really light although there’s still a throb in my heart. I walked through the crowd again to my new friends. I hugged one of them from the back.

 

“My baby~” I said with a cute sweet voice. It just slipped my mouth. She pulled my arms closer tightening the hug then turned her face and smiled at me. I called her ‘my baby’ like I call all of the things I find really cute at the moment. It’s a weird habit I know but I do it unconsciously. Even if it’s a guy or a girl, an animal or anything. I know it’s kind of bad since it might cause misunderstanding but I can’t help it. Anyways, the one I just hugged was Taeyeon. She already knows about my habit that’s why she reacted like that. I looked at the others but they don’t look surprise at all. Taeyeon might have seen the confusion in my face so she explained.

 

“I told them about this habit of yours while you were gone.”

“Oh, that explains it.”

“Hey, why don’t you stop that now?” one of them said annoyingly.

“Oh Sica, I’m sorry. Do you want a hug too?” I said teasingly.

“You wish.” She told me strongly.

“I was just kidding Sica. Don’t get mad. Please? Hey Yuri, help me a bit here.” I called out to another friend of mine. These two are really close as I’ve observed; they could be mistaken as a couple. Although something tells me they’re not.

“Anyway, I just came back to tell you that I'm going home.”

“What!?” They said in chorus.

“Why?” Taeyeon said looking concerned.

“I'm kind of feeling under the weather so...” I trailed off.

“Oh…I understand.” Taeyeon replied with a smile.

 

She's always been the one to understand me. I'm very thankful to have her as my best friend.

I told my new friends my goodbyes especially with all the fun I had.

As soon as I reached home I sprint to my room as I greet my parents on the way. I threw all of my things to the side and let myself fall on the comfort of my bed.

 


 

See you.”

 

I open my eyes and check the time on my phone, it’s already afternoon. Getting up was tough until I opened the curtains and looked outside. The rain explains why I woke up this late. It has always been like this, the rain having this effect on me. Suddenly, I hear my phone beep. It was a text from my bestfriend.

 

Hey, are you awake? Don’t forget about the gathering later. I’ll wait for you at the front.

From: Taeyeon

 

Oh…wait…!?

 

 


 

Hi there! ^^,

I apologize because this chapter took quite some time (/_ _)/

I’ve finished it 2 days ago and I was planning to post it then but I kept on putting it off thinking that it wasn’t good enough. Because of that, I had my friend proofread and criticize it although I didn’t make drastic changes after that.

I hope you enjoy reading. Tell me what you think about it. If there are any questions feel free to ask, okay? I’ll answer them if they’re not gonna spoil anything.

 

Thank you again! Good day!