unlocked door

unlocked door

Chanyeol can't focus on one thing for too long.

When he thinks about this, he thinks about that, then this, and then that--he can't focus on anything for long periods of time. He doesn't know why. He frequently wonders if he has OCD, but he probably doesn't.

Out of luck, he meets Baekhyun on one rainy day. The poor guy was shivering underneath a tree, coat sticking to his body and fingers digging into his elbows as his teeth chattered. It was the start of fall season and the temperatures were dropping. Unfortunately, it seemed like the summer showers mixed up the seasons; helping create that chilly and wet day.

"I have an umbrella," Chanyeol had told Baekhyun with a warm smile, putting the umbrella over his soaked hair. "I'm Chanyeol, by the way."

"Baekhyun," the smaller male managed to gasp in between his shivers. "T-thank you."

His eyes are pretty, but what struck Chanyeol the most was his smile. A tiny, grateful smile that lit up the gloomy day. 

Chanyeol had felt his heart race. Because for the first time in his twenty-something years of living, he stopped thinking all at once. And all he can think about is Baekhyun.

After he realized that, he pursued Baekhyun. Chocolates, music, flowers, games (mostly games)--he gave them all to Baekhyun in hopes of getting the smaller male to fall in love with him. The older male does--and they soon spend more time together.

They go on dates; dinner dates, movie dates, amusement park dates, game dates--dates, dates, dates. They went to so many that Chanyeol stopped counting. He remembers Baekhyun laughing that adorable laugh when he plays with the candle blazing in between them. He remembers Baekhyun smiling shyly when he kisses his forehead. He remembers Baekhyun clutching his arm when his knees feel wobbly after a roller coaster ride. He remembers Baekhyun singing an American song while he played the guitar (they messed up in the end).

He remembers everything.

It was their one-year anniversary. Baekhyun had regularly stayed over his apartment over the course of their one year, and Chanyeol loves it. He loves how Baekhyun's skin feels against his when he wakes up in the morning. He loves how Baekhyun mumbles a scratchy good morning and how he needs to pee in the middle of the night. He loves how Baekhyun curls up to his side when he gets too cold, and how Baekhyun likes to accidentally knock his head against his when he sleeps.

He loves everything about Baekhyun.

With Baekhyun, Chanyeol continued to notice during their relationship, he could finally think about one thing in his mind. One person--and that's Baekhyun. He couldn't stop thinking about his boyfriend, how happy he wants him to be, what dinner to make for him, what date they should go to next, how to beat him on the next game (although he always lets Baekhyun win anyway) . . .

And maybe, just maybe, it was Chanyeol's fault that Baekhyun left him.

He said he loved Chanyeol--still does--but he felt suffocated. Baekhyun said that Chanyeol was too clingy, too attached; that he hated clingy people. He said that Chanyeol is a good guy, but he's not the right person. He said that Chanyeol will find that special person; that person that deserves his attention, his kindness, his everything.

But Chanyeol knows he won't.

No one can replace Baekhyun. No one can cause Chanyeol to think about that one person besides Baekhyun. No one can make his heart jump like Baekhyun. No one can satiate the hunger and need he has for Baekhyun.

Even though he explained all this to Baekhyun, the latter still left; leaving with Chanyeol's heart.

Back when Baekhyun stayed over at his place, Chanyeol would always lock his doors. He would lock them thrice, because he loves Baekhyun and doesn't want anyone to harm him. Baekhyun used to be delighted when Chanyeol did that.

However, now that Baekhyun's gone, Chanyeol leaves his door unlocked--praying, hoping, and wishing that Baekhyun will come back to him someday.

A year had already passed, and Baekhyun still hasn't come back to him. Yet it doesn't matter to Chanyeol, because he loves Baekhyun so much that he's willing to wait forever.

And he'll keep his door unlocked even after he dies.


a/n: enjoyed that? well im making a chenmin fic rn. its gonna be about brains and love and wow i just need to finish it
thanks for reading!!

btw, just to help my bb, check out noona's stories :)