Damn, Summer.

Damn, Summer
 

Summer.

Girls-in-bikinis galore. Cold beers and fun times.

But Kris wasn’t just any man.

He was a man in love.

What could be worse for a man in love when the temperature was getting high and he didn’t have his girl in his arms for him to unleash his very much suppressed…

Desire.

To make things worse, she had to walk around in that thin t-shirt that was stuck on her back because of her sweat, giving a peek to the other guys of her bikini underneath. Her hot pants freely allow hungry eyes to feast upon her fluffy, milky white thighs. Oh, and her hair. They were put up in a bun all day long, with some wild loose strands stuck on her sweaty neck.

Damn. Damn those guys who visited her parents’ summer café.

Damn his self for always having active imaginations in his head.

“.” Kris unwrapped yet another mint candy and popped it into his mouth. His eyes kept following her.

Suha was taking orders from a table frequented by a group of young guys in their beach wear. They said something to her which made her laugh. It was the laugh that won his heart everytime but the hearts in his eyes were immediately popped when those guys joined her, laughing along in louder voice. When she left the table and headed to the kitchen, Kris saw those guys eyeing her behind, and then whispered things to each other with ert looking smiles on their faces.

Damn, they were probably talking about her or something. Damn, damn, damn.

When she returned to their table to give them their order, Kris couldn’t take his eyes off her. He felt different. He probably looked different right now. Maybe his eyes were green like those of jealous monsters. Maybe his face was-

One of the guys purposely held her hand when she handed him his drink. Kris almost left his seat to give that guy a piece of his mind but Suha was quicker. She knocked a fist on his head and good naturedly warned him about his behavior with her adorable smile. The otherwise awkward situation turned into a joke now that his friends were all laughing at the guy.

Kris huffed and slid into his seat again.

“Hyung, let’s play in the water!” Baekhyun, one of the twelve members of Exo, an adorable young guy walked up to him and invited him to the groups’ activity.

“Nah… I’m not in the mood.” Kris simply brushed him off.

“C’mon. You need to cool down a little bit. Your face-”

“What’s wrong with my face?” A hint of urgency was heard in his voice.  Baekhyun was about to answer but suddenly Suha walked towards them, happily waving at Baekhyun. Baekhyun waved back at her, his smile widened.

“Hey, Suha noona!”

“Hey, Baek! Where are the rest of the guys?” She asked while drying her hands on her floral patterned apron.

“Oh, we’re about to go swimming now. We’re going to come to the café later.”

“Sure. Have fun.” Suha nodded.

“Noona, look at Kris. Don’t you think he looks a bit too flushed?” Baekhyun pointed at Kris. Kris’ eyes widened, surprised at the sudden attention. Suha looked at him, instantly looking concerned. She bent to check on him, but her position gave Kris a chance to peek into her loose collar. The exquisite sight inside almost made him hard. Kris looked away and cleared his throat.

“Oh my god. He is!” She cupped his face with her slim, icy cold fingers (from making cold drinks for her customers) which made Kris flinched at the sudden contact. “Kris, you’re so hot. Are you alright? Maybe you should go back to your room and-”

“I’m fine.” Kris pushed her hands away, still acting like a sulky child. Thankfully, people didn’t really recognize him. It was one of the perks for being a rookie star, he guessed. Most of his fans were young and the café that Suha’s parents owned wasn’t really popular with high school kids who preferred air-conditioned café. All he had to do was sit in a shade or a corner table and no one would turn their heads twice at him.

“I’ll get you a cold drink.”

“No, thanks. I don’t like sweet drinks.” He turned down the offer flatly and popped another mint candy into his mouth. It was his coping mechanism. Like smokers who on lollipop to quit smoking, he took mint candy to cope with his jealousy and raging hormones.

“Stop eating those mint candies. You’ll get an upset stomach later. I’ll bring you something to eat.” Suha pouted and returned to the kitchen.

 

-

 

They first met at college. She was an architecture student, Kris was in business. Their faculty buildings were far apart, it was very unlikely that they crossed paths. But they did, somehow. It had been over a year since they started dating, but to him it didn’t feel that long. Maybe because he was always busy with his schedule as a member of Exo. He also spent a lot of time in China for promotion purposes while she often spent sleepless nights for her studies. They rarely had private times together.

This made him all the more desperate. Whenever he got time off his job, he became very selfish. He always wanted to stay close with her. Sometimes he felt bad for being so childish, but she always put up with him and made him felt special instead; every single time.

The whole group was given a week of break during the summer since other artists under the same label was scheduled for a comeback during this period. The boys were all hyped up that they get to play at the beach, but Kris just get upset instead. Suha was too busy helping out at her parents’ café that she barely had time for him. When the operating hours ended, she was just too tired already.

It was 1.20 in the morning. Kris was walking alone at the beach, just enjoying the cold breeze and staring at the black sea. He saw that the café still had the lights on at the verandah. Suha was there, leaning against the wooden railing, waving at him. Kris quickly walked up and stepped onto the verandah.

“You’re not asleep yet?” Kris asked.

Suha shook her head, smiling. She looked tired, but still beautiful. She looked as if she had just stepped out of shower; her hair not completely dried and not combed.

“I was thinking of you.” Suha told him. She reached for his hand and entangled her fingers between his. “I felt bad that I barely have time for you.”

Kris sighed. “It’s okay. There’s nothing you can do about it.” He rubbed his thumb against the back of her hand.

“Thanks.” Suha let go of his hand and cupped his face. She liked to do that. He was precious to her, and she liked to hold her most precious in her hands. Kris seemed to enjoy the attention too. He wrapped his arms around her small waist and drew her closer to him, pressing her body against his.

“I almost go crazy though, having you nearby, but we can’t be together.”

“I’m sorry.” She whispered. Her usual smile was not apparent on her lips this time. She really felt bad for him.

“Don’t. It was my idea to spend our break here even though I already knew that you’ll be busy.”

“I think I can take the day off tomorrow. Do you have anything you’d like to do tomorrow?”

“Hm…” He pretended to be thinking. “How about now?”

Suha giggled. “What do you want to do now?”

Kris smiled and left the question unanswered. Instead, he leaned closer to her and claimed her lips with a passionate kiss. It really showed how badly he wanted her; from the way his mint flavored tongue probing deeper inside her and the way his hand sneaked inside her t-shirt. Suha laughed in the kiss as she slapped his naughty hand away, but his hand traveled downwards instead, resting on her bottom. He finally pulled away from the kiss, which earned him a warning glare from Suha. He couldn’t take it seriously though; because her lips had this mischievous smile on them.

“ert.” She accused him. Kris chuckled.

“You made me.” Kris continued by burying his nose in her cheek and brushed his lips along her jawline, going downwards while his fingers s into her hair. He kissed the skin on her neck and the crook of her shoulder, causing her to produce some soft, breathy moans. He could feel her fingers gripping tighter on his t-shirt, most probably a side effect of her weakened knees.

“Oh, Kris… Stop… You’re…”

“Turning you on?” He smirked against her skin. The cold contact against his teeth, especially when he suddenly nibbled on her shoulder sent shudders down her spine.

“Oh, you!” Suha playfully hit his arm, which didn’t stop him at all. Kris captured her smile with his lips, engulfing themselves in intoxicating sensations until they heard voices.

Loud chatters and laughter of voices familiar to them caused Kris and Suha to suddenly get back on the ground and jumped away from each other. As he had expected, it was those boys. The Exo members were walking in group along the beach. They realized that Kris and Suha were hanging out at the verandah of the café and waved at them.

“Kris! Suha! We’re going to light up the fireworks. Come and join us!” One of the boys, Luhan, shouted at them.

“Yeah, yeah. You guys go ahead. We’ll join you later.” Kris forced a smile upon his answer. Damn these boys and their nonsensical timing.

“Uh, we’re not bothering you guys or anything, are we?” Baekhyun suddenly asked.

“Oh, not at all. You guys go ahead.” Suha replied, though she was sort of hiding half of her body behind Kris. Be it her disheveled hair or bruised lips, it would be embarrassing if any of them noticed. Thankfully they were quite far away from the café to notice such details.

“Okay, see you guys later!”

Thankfully, the guys picked a spot quite far away from the cafe to light their fireworks. Kris turned to Suha, exchanging a look of disbelief. She had the same look which caused them both to laugh it off.

Kris sighed with his smile lingering on his lips. He ruffled his hair as he told her, “come on. The guys will be looking for us if we don’t join them soon.” Kris turned to the steps, ready to go down to the beach where the rest of the guys were.

What he didn’t expect was when Suha suddenly grabbed his t-shirt from behind, stopping him from going. She leaned closely on him and whispered into his ear,

“I know a place that nobody knows about.”

Suha flashed him an alluring smile before she proceeded down the steps and headed towards the back of the café.

 

Oh, damn.