Baby, We're in Trouble (Fanxing) Part 1

LOVE ME, BABY - A CHANBAEK AND FANXING FANFICTION

Chapter 2: Baby, We’re in Trouble (Fanxing) Part 1

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol just stared at their daughter.

 

He had promised he won't ever move nor twitch in their slumber if Baekhyun would just let their baby sleep between them. If not for his persuasiveness, Baekhyun would have said no because first, he doesn't trust Chanyeol's words on not moving and second, he doesn't think Yohyun would be able to sleep since she got used to her crib.

 

But that all changed when Chanyeol managed to lull her to sleep. Baekhyun himself didn't quite believe at first but when he saw how Yohyun's head rested on Chanyeol's shoulder, sleeping, he had no choice but to give in.

 

Baekhyun helped him put down Yohyun in their bed, and when the baby lay peacefully on the sheets with her full cheeks moving as she breathed in and out, Chanyeol and Baekhyun remained standing before the bed while they watched their daughter in pure contentment.

 

"Well, I could watch her sleep all day," Chanyeol smiles sheepishly and Baekhyun nodded in agreement. That was when Baekhyun frowned also and looked at Chanyeol suspiciously, "I believe you had said that to me also back then."

 

"Then I could watch you both sleep all day and still feel contented," Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun and that goofy smile of his makes the latter want to slap him for being cheesy and adorable at the same time.

 

Chanyeol looks back at the small figure again and this time, beside Yohyun, Baekhyun had climbed on.

 

"Our baby is so adorable," Baekhyun closes his eyes as he carefully placed his hand on the top of Yohyun's tummy, so lightly that the toddler won't even feel it.

 

Chanyeol continued watching them and by this hour he would be suspected as a creep if he wasn't even the girl's father.

 

He clears his throat and decided to come to bed with the two. When he lay down, he props his head with his left palm and faced Baekhyun. Baekhyun lay with his other arm under his head as a pillow and he had let his hand slip off from Yohyun.

 

"I love you two," Chanyeol says in a lower tone as he just watched his husband and daughter. Though closed eyes, Baekhyun smiled and opened his eyes, "Me too, Yeol."

 

Chanyeol smiles back and the baby between them suddenly shifted and Chanyeol felt his stomach being flipped upside down when Yohyun's foot landed on it.

 

"That is one hell of a kick," Chanyeol tries his hard to contain his laugh and Baekhyun joined also, "This is the third reason why I'm reluctant to place her here."

 

“Does she want to be a football player?” Chanyeol asks incredulously and Baekhyun frowns at him, “Don’t assume too much, Yeol. I want her to grow as a beautiful model.”

 

“Whatever she wants I’ll support her no matter what,” Chanyeol chuckles lightly and Baekhyun could only agree. Both stared at each other and started opening up several topic of conversation.

 

The next minute one of them was already yawning as sleepiness started kicking in.

 

Baekhyun was the first one to sleep and Chanyeol was about to follow when he felt another kick on his stomach.

 

“Yohyun...” Chanyeol groans before ignoring more incoming blows he will receive.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Uh, Baek, we have a problem,” Chanyeol shakes his partner’s shoulder lightly as the latter struggles to open his eyes. Baekhyun sat up immediately when he found no Yohyun beside him.

 

“Relax, she’s in her crib. She woke up earlier and I hushed back to sleep... I figured it’ll be safe to put her there since I needed to get up also,” Chanyeol assured the worried male. Baekhyun smiled in relief and then frowned once more, “What was the problem?”

 

“Not ‘was’. More like ‘is’,” Chanyeol shakes his head and Baekhyun’s frown deepened.

 

“We need to be in London next week.” Chanyeol finally dropped.

 

Baekhyun, at first, didn’t really quite get it and proceeded to stand up. It was when he reached the door it finally dawned to him. He snaps and turned around to face a worried Chanyeol sitting on the bed and almost screamed, “WHAT.”

 

Chanyeol nodded and answered, “Remember the soundtrack we did for the movie ‘Convicted Love’?”

 

“Yes...” Baekhyun looks at him doubtfully, “What about it?”

 

“The thing is, the film was nominated for an award there when it debuted internationally,” Chanyeol remained calm and Baekhyun tilted his head forward, “And?”

 

“The director wants us there in the awarding to thank us since the music received a positive remark by critics,” Chanyeol ended and finally approached Baekhyun with his stupid grin.

 

“Chanyeol...” Baekhyun didn’t know what to say but after a beat of silence, he attacked his husband with a tight bear hug. “Chanyeol that is great news! Oh my god I can’t believe it, really?!” Baekhyun pulls away in arm’s length but kept his wide smile. Chanyeol replied with same enthusiasm, “I know right?! Damn, Baek I never thought we’re this good!”

 

Baekhyun laughed his heart out and then both stilled in their place when they heard a distinct, “Pa Baek, Pa Yeol...” sound. Both heads turned towards the hall and ran into their daughter’s room instantly.

 

“Yo, oh baby, do you want to get up now?” cooed Baekhyun and Yohyun nodded. Chanyeol waited beside Baekhyun and the latter proceeds to get her. Chanyeol then said, “This is the problem. We can’t bring Yohyun with us...”

 

Baekhyun stared at him in horror and answered, “But how can we leave her?!”

 

“I don’t wanna hire babysitters... I don’t trust anyone,” Chanyeol shook his head and Yohyun made ‘eat’, ‘want’, and ‘pa’ words while both thought for a solution.

 

“We should probably go to the kitchen and feed Yohyun. I need coffee,” Baekhyun suggests as he carried Yohyun out followed by a distraught Chanyeol.

 

When the three of them finally settled on their seats – Yohyun in her highchair – Chanyeol sipped a drink of his coffee and Baekhyun spoke, “What about Yixing? He only works at night in the restaurant...”

 

Chanyeol thought at the idea first before nodding, “You’re right, he knows a lot about taking care of Yohyun... but who takes care of her at night?”

 

Baekhyun rummages through their friend lists in his mind as he muttered each names, “Jongin? Uh no, that guy is not an option. Sehun? Oh he’s having his exams... what about Minseok?”

 

“I don’t know how a bar owner can take care of a baby.”

 

“Curse it, I forgot. Well, what about Luhan?”

 

“I don’t trust his when-boredom-strikes hobbies.”

 

“Err, Tao?”

 

“I can’t believe you suggested him.”

 

“But Tao seems to like kids...”

 

“And chase kids with tantrums with his wu shu stick.”

 

“Right. Jongdae?”

 

“Has the same traits as Luhan, fyi.”

 

“But...” Baekhyun tries to think harder and then snapped, “Kyungsoo! Yes, Kyungsoo. He’s super duper cool with kids he’s like a baby whisperer when we visited a nursery back in high school, right?!”

 

Chanyeol’s face brightened and replied, “I do remember!”

 

Two were starting to rejoice when Chanyeol was the first one to say, “But he’s on a Broadway show trip for a week...”

 

The enthusiasm died down immediately. “But those are the only friends we trust... and we can’t ask the nursery because they will judge our capabilities to be fulltime parents, mom and dad will judge me, and your parents haven’t come back from their Hawaii trip!” mumbles Baekhyun in distress who was starting to panic and hits his head on the table.

 

“Uhm, what about... you know, since he’s on vacation in Seoul for the mean time... maybe he could spare some time...” Chanyeol tries to say and Baekhyun sat up suddenly. He looked at Chanyeol shrewdly before the latter gulped and said, “What about Kris?”

 

Baekhyun widened his eyes and said, “Oh no. No no no no. Yixing will never accept if he realizes he will be sharing the responsibility with Kris.”

 

“But Kris isn’t a murderer for Pete’s sake.” Chanyeol counters and Baekhyun held his decision, “What does Kris knows about kids anyways?”

 

“Surely, I trust Kris enough not to screw the job,” Chanyeol shrugs and continues to defend his friend. Baekhyun has run out of options though and thinks hard, “Are you sure about this?”

 

“I don’t really know, Baek. Let’s see if they will accept on Sunday.”

 

“Oh sh-, Sunday! Yohyun’s birthday party. What kind of parents are we if we will leave Yohyun right after her birthday?” Baekhyun’s face turned into remorse and Yohyun, upon hearing her name, looks up from her food innocently. Baekhyun sighs and touches her left cheek with his arched index while she continues chewing her food. Chanyeol finishes his coffee and reasons out, “We’re not leaving her forever. It’ll just be three days...”

 

“What if I don’t go?” Baekhyun suddenly announces and Chanyeol looked even more stressed, “Are you serious? You know how that Director takes things as his rules. We can’t risk our image...”

 

“I know... I just don’t feel like leaving Yohyun after a month we got her,” answers the other and the gloomy expression he gave made Chanyeol guiltier.

 

“Baek, please, just three days. This is also hard for me...” Chanyeol pleads and Yohyun had stretched her arms to him also which made the former grab her out from her highchair to sit on his lap. Yohyun laughs softly as Chanyeol tickled her lightly. “Let’s just see...” Baekhyun sighs and continued drinking his coffee.

 

 

 

***

Later at night,

 

 

 

“Uh, Kris... I have a favor to ask of you.” Chanyeol opened up right after the line got connected.

 

“What is it, Park?”

 

“Nah, don’t be like that, buddy. You’re staying in Korea for still six months, right?”

 

“...Why do I feel like I won’t like this?”

 

“Uhm, we’re just looking for someone who’ll take care of Yohyun for three nights. We have someone to take care of her at days and you can stay at the house for that timeline. Please, Kris.”

 

“Let me guess, I’m the last option.”

 

“Yes. Just three days please. We can’t risk missing this award’s night or else our reputation’s at end.”

 

“Alright... so, the problem is – who’s the guy I’m supposed to be with for three days?”

 

Chanyeol scratches the back of his neck nervously and answered, “It’s Yixing.”

 

“No.”

 

“But-”

 

“No.”

 

“Kris-”

 

“No.”

 

Chanyeol looks down at the phone slowly and widened his eyes for a second towards it. “He hangs up on me. Again.”

 

“No swearing,” Baekhyun alerted his partner as he watched a movie with Yohyun in the living room. Chanyeol nodded and cursed inside his head. He approaches the two and sat on the couch, Yohyun in between them busily watching the animated movie.

 

“What about you, what happened with your talk with Yixing?” asks Chanyeol curiously which Baekhyun responded with a question again, “You really want to know?”

 

Chanyeol nodded once more and Baekhyun told what happened when he met Yixing a while ago.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

“Oh, that is so hard for you, leaving Yohyun...” Yixing sympathizes after Baekhyun invited him to his house and told the latter his problem. Yixing sat in front of Yohyun, who was on the floor playing with her playhouse, and played with the dolls also. “Yeah, that’s why I’m asking if you could look after him at daytime?” Baekhyun asks in worry and Yixing looked back with mirth, “Of course I’ll be happy to look after this baby! I mean, who won’t? Besides, it’ll just be for three days.”

 

Yixing smiled and Baekhyun managed to smile back. The former holds the baby’s face with both hands then and lightly shook her, “Right, baby Yo?”

 

Yohyun giggled and said, “Rayt...”

 

Baekhyun couldn’t help chuckle at his daughter’s liveliness.

 

“By the way, if you got her covered for the night, who’ll be with her?” Yixing turns his head to his bestfriend and Baekhyun’s smile finally dropped slowly. He looked apologetic and then answered, “Kris...”

 

“Oh, look it’s time for my work, gotta go now!” Yixing abruptly stood up and kisses Yohyun goodbye before dashing for the door. Baekhyun followed through as he tried to explain, “Come on, Xing. It’ll only be three days as you said! It’s not like you’ll meet each other often!”

 

Yixing didn’t answer and opened the door. “Sorry, Baek. Kris is another entity I wouldn’t even want to share a 14m space with,” and closes the door. Baekhyun lets out a ragged breath and wanted to scream, “WHAT’S WITH THESE TWO GUYS BEING OVERLY SENSITIVE? REALLY, THEY’RE LIKE GIRLS AND PUSS-” but the words came unfinished when Baekhyun’s eyes landed on an oblivious Yohyun, still playing with her dolls. The latter could only close his eyes in frustration as he joined his daughter.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

“They’re both playing hard to get, I tell you,” Chanyeol breathes out and then Baekhyun added, “Yep. I can’t believe they still haven’t got over date disaster 101. It’s almost three years...”

 

“We can’t even put them in one room together without a bickering happening,” says Chanyeol as he fumbled with Yohyun’s frilly sleeve. Baekhyun slumped on his back and settled on watching the movie Yohyun was engrossed into also. “You think they’ll change their mind on Sunday?” asks Chanyeol in a whisper.

 

“I hope so,” Baekhyun answered mindlessly before both gave up the conversation.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

It was Sunday and it was Kris and Yixing in the house first before the guests. Yixing was the one responsible for the food so he’s in the kitchen with Baekhyun helping him. Chanyeol was carrying Yohyun in his arms when he welcomed Kris inside.

 

“Hey,” Chanyeol greets as he leaves the door open for Kris. He entered and Chanyeol immediately noticed his friend’s eyes on Yohyun.

 

“Yo, here’s uncle Kris,” Chanyeol coaxes the toddler in his arms to look at her godfather. Yohyun did and the twinkle in her eyes had the tall man froze.

 

“What did she do? Why did she do that? Is that baby a human?” Kris suddenly blurts out that sent Chanyeol laughing so hard. Yohyun laughed also and Kris was left confused, small smile forming on his face as he just watched Yohyun.

 

“Come on, let’s join the two in the kitchen,” Chanyeol inclines his head before disappearing in the said room. Kris followed and saw Baekhyun with his bestfriend busy preparing the food. “Oh, mister cook slash pianist is here?” Kris started and the couple rolled their eyes for it.

 

Yixing looked back from cutting ingredients with a blank stare and spat out, “Yeah he’s here standing before Mister slender useless man.”

 

Chanyeol let out a ‘pfft’ sound before zipping his mouth shut because of Kris’ glare. Baekhyun could only shake his head as he continued mixing things in a bowl. Yohyun then lifts up her arms and Chanyeol realized she was reaching for Kris.

 

“Mama,” Yohyun calls and Kris shrieked at Chanyeol, “Why did she call me that?!”

 

“Relax, she calls every person she first meets mama,” Baekhyun assured with a light laugh and went on, “She even called Jongin and Yixing ‘mama’.”

 

Kris dropped his shoulders in relief and said, “Well, I won’t be surprise if she called Yixing that but for Jongin, I guess it’s explained.”

 

Yixing looks at Kris then and replied, “You really can’t live it down without mocking me, can you?”

 

“Sorry can’t, gorgeous,” Kris winks at him which made Yixing form a repulsed look. Chanyeol then pats Kris’ shoulder and asked, “Ayo mister womanizer but my kid here is reaching for you. Wanna hold her first?”

 

Kris, panic stricken, looks at Chanyeol in disbelief and the latter only shrugged, “What? You’re the godfather. At least hold her.”

 

Kris looked at Baekhyun who only glared at him like ‘don’t-you-dare-decline-my-daughter’s-request-or-drop-her-and-die’ words coming out from his eyes. Kris bit his lip and just nodded. Chanyeol motioned him to hold her then and Kris carefully slipped both hands under Yohyun’s underarms. Yixing looked worried as he watched Chanyeol plans to let go.

 

Yohyun moved excitedly and when Kris’ stretched forward arms held her in suspended air, Chanyeol finally let go. Kris remained frozen and when Chanyeol told him to hold her properly, Kris did and the toddler placed her hands on his chest. Kris didn’t know what to feel and noticing heavy eyes on him, he smiled and, “AH!” he pretended to had slipped his hand and almost dropped Yohyun which sent roars of worried scream from three people.

 

The little girl was giggling because of the slip and Kris laughed with her. “Fooled ya!” he jokes and the three immediately sighed in relief. Chanyeol was the first one to punch his arm and warned, “Don’t you ever do that!”

 

Baekhyun gave Kris a glare and so as Yixing. Kris merely chuckled and assured them, “Relax, people. I will never let anything happen to this angel of yours.”

 

Chanyeol nodded in agreement and thought for a second that Kris was under Yohyun’s spell now.

 

“Hello there, little angel,” Kris coaxes the baby girl and Yohyun’s hands travelled only on his shoulders.

 

“Not... ang-..el. it’s Yo... hyun.” Yohyun struggles with her words and Kris laughed at his mistake. Chanyeol pinches her cheek and said, “That’s right, she’s Yohyun, uncle Kris.”

 

Yohyun nodded and suddenly, her hands landed on Kris’ chin.

 

Everybody stilled and Yohyun only said, “Chin.”

 

“Y-yes, Yo. It’s chin as I’ve taught y-you,” Chanyeol tries joking it off when Yohyun looked up at Kris with a smile and shining eyes. Yohyun continued rubbing his chin with her small hands and started laughing. Chanyeol kept quiet and stared at Kris.

 

Yixing was the only brave soul to laugh at Yohyun’s movement and teased, “Even a baby noticed your facial complex, Kris.”

 

Yixing expected a sarcastic remark but then again, he looks at Kris for a search of annoyance which of course he failed to find because there was no trace of displeasure on Kris’ face. What was more surprising was to see Kris smiling.

 

“Yep, it’s quite long, isn’t it, Yo? It’s uncle Kris’ most appealing part of his face,” Kris jokes and lifted Yohyun up in the air. Yohyun yells in joy as Kris continued suspending her in the air, having ignored Yixing.

 

“Careful now, she might puke on you,” Chanyeol warns as he grabs a chocolate bar from the jar on the counter. Baekhyun had placed the food they prepared in the oven when he told Chanyeol, “Can you check on the castle guys outside? I think they’re done. Don’t forget to give them a tip.”

 

Chanyeol obliged and bites on his chocolate. He approaches Kris and placed his arm around the latter’s shoulder, “Let’s go out.”

 

Kris merely nodded and lets Chanyeol drag him with Yohyun in his arms.

 

“They’re hopeless,” Baekhyun breathes out and rested his hands on the counter. Yixing only smiled and started putting ingredients on the boiling bowl of water before him.

 

“Yah, what’s with your life right now by the way?” Baekhyun nudges Yixing’s shoulder with his and the latter only blushed. “Nothing...”

 

“I see you in colourful shades of pink so spill,” Baekhyun says again and this time, Yixing said, “Dr. Kim asked me out.”

 

“Yohyun’s paediatrician?” Baekhyun raised his brows.

 

“Yeah. Kim Joonmyeon. Dr. Kim. Ring a bell?” Yixing answers and Baekhyun grinned in curiosity, “So how did he ask you?”

 

“Not actually out as in a date... Well, you know how I have always had a crush on him whenever I see him occasionally at daytime I was in the restaurant, right?” Yixing looks at Baekhyun with worry and the latter nodded, urging him to continue.

 

“Well, guess what. Finally had the courage to ask him for a name even though I already know it and he gave me this calling card. He said he owed me dinner and I should call him when I’m free...” explained Yixing and Baekhyun clasp his hands together, “Then do it already! I mean, tomorrow you could.”

 

“I was planning to call him after I babysit Yohyun during your trip though,” Yixing looks at Baekhyun with a smile. Baekhyun widened his eyes in realization and exclaimed, “You’re doing it?!”

 

“Yep,” Yixing grins back and Baekhyun enveloped him in a bear hug in no time, jumping in joy.

 

“I saw how Kris cared about Yohyun so I guess I might live down three days with him for her,” Yixing laughs as he joins Baekhyun on jumping.

 

“Thank you thank you! I’ll tell Chanyeol later!” Baekhyun pulls away and grinned widely towards his bestfriend. Yixing only shook his head as he noticed how he really loved helping this family.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Kris was playing with Yohyun when Chanyeol confronted the two young teenagers who built up the castle.

 

“It’s done, just don’t let anything pop it,” the other teenager said in a slurry voice and Chanyeol noticed something wrong. He checked the guys’ eyes and said, “You’re stoned. What the hell!” the two teenagers denied his accusations and Chanyeol placed his palm in the air, “Give me what you are hitting before I tell your parents what you have been into.”

 

The teenagers groaned in unison but gave a small zip-locked packet of weeds to the older guy before Chanyeol paid and shooed them away. Kris approached him and asked with mischief, “Now what are you going to do with that, responsible dad?”

 

Chanyeol showed a playful smile as Kris walked in the balloon castle and started jumping low, Yohyun up in the air with his arms again. “We need some spark of life in our marriage sometimes,” Chanyeol laughed and puts the plastic inside his coat’s pocket. Kris eyed him with understanding and focused back on Yohyun instead.

 

“Hey I told you she might puke on you,” Chanyeol warns after his smile disappeared and Kris didn’t stop, “Don’t worry. She likes it and-,”

 

There was an uncontrollable laughter coming from Chanyeol after watching his bestfriend wipes his face from baby puke and Yohyun became silent suddenly. Kris lowers Yohyun in arms’ length and Chanyeol finally reached for her.

 

“Come on, wash up while I change her clothes. You can borrow mine also,” Chanyeol struggled on saying as he held Yohyun and Kris pursed his lips tightly. He followed Chanyeol in the house and prepared himself for another round of laughs.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“What a good girl, baby Yo,” Yixing snuggles Yohyun in his arms while sitting on one of the barstools and Kris, hovering the sink, was washing off the spew from his face. Yixing kept taking glances on him and can’t help but laugh whenever.

 

“Oh so now you think I deserve it,” Kris tells him, turning the faucet. Yixing only smiled and Baekhyun then finally showed up. “Okay guys, the others will be here any minute now and I think it’s time for our toasts.”

 

Chanyeol nods and pulled out four wine glasses from the cupboard. Baekhyun placed each one a content of his favourite sparkling wine and everyone went to reach for their part. Kris, reaching for his, purposely leaned his puked-part shoulder on Yixing and the latter slaps his arm and joked, “Yuck can you already change your clothes. You reek of baby puke.”

 

Kris laughed cheekily at him as he tried leaning more and Yixing pulls away in feigned annoyance, Yohyun laughing alongside him. It was when Baekhyun called for cheers did they stop and clinked all of their glasses before drinking.

 

When the doorbell rang, it was then Baekhyun went out to greet the guests and Kris immediately went to the bathroom to change into Chanyeol’s clothes. Yixing brought Yohyun with him and when he was about to go towards the living room also, he was pulled in the bathroom and the next thing he knows he sees a chest breathing up and down in front of him.

 

“Yixing,” Kris calls and that is when Yixing looks up. He saw Kris, half-, and then asked, “What?”

 

“I already told Chanyeol I’ll do him the favour so I need to make it clear that it is not healthy for Yohyun to see us arguing for the three days we’ll be together.” Kris ended and puts on the navy blue shirt Chanyeol had lent him. Yixing watched as Kris buttoned it up and when the other caught him looking, Yixing mentally slapped himself because now Kris was smirking at him.

 

“Liking me already?” Kris asks smugly and Yixing wanted to smack that smirk off of him. Instead, he only sighed and just gave Yohyun, who has been reaching for Kris, to the latter before walking out the door, saying, “Get over yourself, Kris. I guess skinny men are my type so you managed to get me flustered.”

 

Kris looked at Yohyun incredulously afterwards and complained, “Am I skinny? I am not, right? Uncle Kris is a y gorgeous man, right, baby Yo?” Yohyun didn’t reply but merely laughed and that made Kris pouts unconsciously. It ended with a sigh and Kris walking out the bathroom then.

 

In the living room, everyone chatted with each other as other families went in to greet Yohyun. Mostly, it was the boys roaring in laughter and caught the crowd in fun as Baekhyun tried saving Yohyun from pinching fingers.

 

Kris, most of the time, spends time floating around the women’s group and pretends to be a kind pure soul just trying to chat and Yixing watched in disgust over Kris’ tricks.

 

It was when Yixing went back to the kitchen to get Yohyun’s cake that Baekhyun got an alone time with him. The latter looks at the layered white covered cake with pink ribbons icing atop and whistled “Wow it looks better than my wedding cake was.”

 

“I know I was assigned in your wedding cake also,” Yixing frowned and offered the cake at him. Baekhyun carries it and answered, “Exactly.”

 

Yixing laughed in realization and mused, “Because I love Yohyun than you guys.”

 

“That hurt.” Baekhyun chuckled and started walking back to the living room. Chanyeol and the others fussed over the video recorder while everyone sang a happy birthday song. Yohyun sat like a princess she is in her high chair as she waited for her cake. Baekhyun brought the cake in front of her until the happy birthday song ended. Jongin held the recorder and the parents blew the cake for their baby.

 

Everybody clapped in cheer and the party started. Yohyun kept uttering cake and after she and her parents took a picture, Baekhyun pulls Yixing and Kris towards them and go. “Say cheese for the godparents!” Chanyeol shouts and Kris and Yixing looked at each other.

 

Yohyun was still smiling and both decided to take a pose. Kris smiled towards the camera and Yixing too. But Yohyun got too excited and draws her hands to the cake and smeared it on her godparents’ faces. Chanyeol managed to take two photos; a decent and cake-smeared faces one.

 

Kris only laughed as he flicks a finger on his face and the sugar while Yixing played with Yohyun by putting icing on her face also. Yohyun laughed loudly and Kris suddenly wipes off the icing off Yixing’s face with his index finger and it also. Yixing was dumbfounded by the gesture and Kris merely winked at him.

 

“Hey hey hey stop being cute like lovebirds there and we’re going to slice the cake already,” Luhan calls out and Chanyeol groans at him for stopping the miracle-of-reconciling-just-once into happening. Luhan ignored him and hauled the others to grab a slice by now. Yixing finally looks away and started giving plates to the guests as Kris holds up Yohyun on his shoulders, ignoring the outburst of worried exclaims from Baekhyun.

 

The day went by with Chanyeol and Baekhyun spending every minute they could with Yohyun because the next day, it was time to head for the airport and ride a plane to London. Kris and Yixing arrived at their house at early morning of five so that Yohyun would have company before the couple leaves for their trip.

 

Baekhyun made a list of things to give the two but mostly left the Yohyun-related things to Yixing. Chanyeol gave Kris his usual routine for Yohyun with the latter only nodding in drowsiness since he was never that an early person. After sending off the two in the airport with Yohyun sleeping in the backseat, Kris and Yixing went back to the house to prepare for the worst – living under the same roof for three days.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: sighs. I just managed to do this for all the time I didn’t update. Maybe I’ll be posting the next part next week. *this chapter is purely inspired from Life As We Know It movie. Ciao.