They must be, Happy. Right?

The Emporium of a Certain Sulli's Panoramic Diary.

"She tried to call you the other day,"

"I know, and I don't plan on answering. I no longer have any ties to her. We stopped communicating the moment she became a traitor, and a started seeing that theif."

Jinri was done hearing word of Soojung. She was done hearing about how she got honours again, how she made 1st teir once more, and mostly Jinri was tired of hearing about Jongin.

Scum. The only adjective possible for a complete description of him. 

They weren't bestfriends anymore, it was easy enough to say Jinri was trying to make them as estranged as possible.

"The less we communicate, the better." 

This was only the nth time she has tried to argue with herself over how to deal with the Soojung problem. 

Multiple times she's thought of answering the calls, or even dailing the numbers herself. 

Albeit, every time you call, you know he'll be there. 

the theif

the one who stole your bestfriend

With a sigh of frustration and anger, Jinri got up from her bed. Leaving her phone on the desk beside it, of course. what's the use of carrying it around when it will only lead to more.. dissatisfaction?  

Jinri walked to the bathroom, staring herself in the mirror. , I have eyebags again. This is so annoying. 

This is what I've become? 

Complaining about eyebags?

I could be having fun, wih So-

She cut her thoughts short. Turning off the bathroom lights, she made her way towards the living room. The only way I know how to waste my time is television now? 

Truly, she was at odds with herself. The arguements were meaningless, and again, the phone rang in her room.

 

"Soo-jung-jing" With a faint chuckle, Jinri recalled the days of repeating the name aloud almost every day. What was once a normal aspect of her life had soon become a foreign tradition she had wanted to forget.

"Hello? This is KFC how can I help you?" "Shut up Jinri." 

Those were the kindest words she had heard from Soojung in a long time.

"What do you want?" "I was thinking.. Do you want to hang out with Jongin and I today? I mean, there are going to be fireworks and it would be really nice if you-"

"Yes. That would be cool, I mean I'm not doing anything today an-" "Okay. We'll see you at the outside flat in front of the Hamilton Shopping Centre! In 2-" Jinri hung up immediately. 

Not due to the fact that she was too excited or anything, but the fact that she had heard a voice in the background. ing bastard. 

At least you get to do something worth while for once! 

It's not as if I've been living in my home this entire time..

 

She had arrived only 15 minutes early, with the intent of looking around the mall for fun hand-held fireworks. I don't even know my way around here.. Jinri chuckled at herself once more that day, reminded of how Soojung was better at directions and navigation than she was.

While walking around, she did happen to find a shop that selled sparklers. Oh man I can't wait to use these bad boys haha Soojung and I are gonna have a blast hell yes 

Exiting the store, it only took a mere 15 seconds for her to spot them.

Soojung and Jongin.

Walking hand in hand, in front of her.

Without a care in the world.

They didn't forget, right?

Of course they didn't, why else would they show up here.

Maybe they intended to watch it without you.

Ignoring the last though, Jinri bravely decided to approach them from behind. Clenching her bag of sparklers, she noticed their matching creme ankle lenght pants, and while Soojung's shirt was a light blue cotton long sleeved polo, Jongin's was a plaid reddish grey, with the sleaves rolled up mid-length. Their hairstyles were even similar, with soojung's sleaked back into a pony tail, while the other's slicked back into some sort of hairstyle Jinri couldn't possibly waste her time trying to figure out the name of.

What the hell are they wearing? So corny.. And Soojung would never wear that.. I bet he cohorsed her into it or something.... 

As if almost on que, they both turned around simultaniously. While earnestly smiling at Soojung, and forcing one for the former, she also noted how truly beautiful of a couple they both were.

It was almost putting her in awe, the fact that they were both so..good-looking, even in those horrendous outfits..so...above average

above me

Convincing herself once more, she was not here to pity herself, Jinri walked towards them both, relaxing only to tense once she noticed the back of fireworks in Jongin's  hands.

"Oh! I forgot to mention that we already got some fireworks. Sorry haha." Soojung quickly explained, though Jinri could sense the bit of guilt on her face. And yet Jongin quickly retaliated "Soojungji, you did mention it! It's just Jinri hung up so quickly ahaha." 

At this moment, I'm positive I'm going to die resurect, throw up everything I have ever eaten in my life, and then die again

Jinri had never felt so sick in her life. This guy, this bastard, comes out of no where, steals my bestfriend, and then tries to make me look like the cold wicked here?!

Flabberghasted, to the nth degree. That was the only way to explain Jinri's mental state.

Going with it, albeit she did think Just wait you son of a , just wait, Jinri decided to let Jongin's cunning words pass for the moment. 

Because what felt like immediately after that, Soojung noticed the sparklers in Jinri's hands. "Oh my God! Sparklers?! Yes oh my God thank you Jinri so so so much! Can you believe all we could find were those stupid dragon s or whatever they're called? They are so lame, but where did you find these sparklers?! You're a freaking life saver!" 

And at this moment, Jinri felt truly pleased with herself. I ing knew it, Soojung and I love sparklers. So much for 'Mr.Perfect'! Sayonara, you're going down

"Jongin, can you believe it? Jinri found some sparklers! You know how much I love them!" The fact that Soojung was this excited over simple sticks, was enough to bring a smile to both Jinri and Jongin's faces. Jinri stopped for a minute She really does seem happy with him, doesn't she? 

 

Jinri is walking with Soojung and Jongin as they wait for the fireworks to start, and after 10 minutes or so, Jongin confesses "You guys.. Don't laugh but I really have to pee.. Like right now.." 

"Just go" 

They've said it in unison, like the numerous other times they found themselves in sync with one another. While Jongin was fretting and leaving the area to find a restroom, the girls giggled with eachother, and started to recall old memories and how they've been.

"You know, you really sound like you've been having fun at home all day." "Shut up Soojung." 

"It can't nearly be as bad as what I've been through. That guy is such a hassle, but in a good way." "Yeah.." "Listen, I know you don't really like him but just give him a chance okay? I know this isn't too much to ask, especially when I had to deal with you dating a guy prettier than both of us combined." "Oh my God, why do you have to mention him now I had just started to forget about him!" For a while, they shared the most loving round of laughs between true bestfriends that you could ever imagine.

Jongin came back not after long, although it was already dark, making Jinri question if he even washed his hands. Once again, Jongin started to fret like a small child. Are you sure this punk is as old as you say he is? You'd think he's 7 going back to 6. And yet, Jinri couldn't help but laugh, and see for another time that night, how happy Soojung would become because of him. And the smile he would return seeing her reaction..

 

The fireworks wouldn't start for another short 10 minutes or so, and Soojung decided she would need a bathroom break too. Jinri took this oppertunity, knowing that her friend would only be back at least 6 minutes, to ask Jongin how he's handeling Soojung. "She's more than what I could ever ask for."

Jinri, for a time span of only 0.04 seconds, froze in place. Although she didn't speak for noticabely more than that. More than you could ever ask for, huh? Jongin took her silence as a que to bring up a more concerning topic. "Why have you been ignoring Soojung?" Because you stole her from me.. "I've just been busy with life is all." "Really..? Too busy for your best friend?" "How would you know she was my best friend?" She practically left me in the ditch to hang out with you "Because that's what her phone ID has you as." 

For another moment, Jinri was silent. 

How the hell could I have been such a towards her..? 

Phone IDs mean nothing Jinri, get back in your senses.

However, Jinri didn't realise that while she was still, Jongin's mouth was not. He was still talking about how Soojung felt. And Jinri was barely catching up with his words. "after crying about it for a couple weeks-" Weeks? I barely spent a couple days.. "and when I found her alone in her room-" What was she doing in her room? Alone? "Her mother was the most worried, she tried to-" Oh my God.. Mrs.Jung was involved in this too? Is that why... Even my mom called my angry about this but I had no idea.... "But in the end, Jinri, Soojung just wants to be your bestfriend again. At least that's what I think. You know, she really misses you." 

Jinri wanted to cry. She wanted to push Jongin away, run home, and cry. She couldn't believe her actions. How much hatred she had held against Soojung, her thought to be bestfriend, over some boy? She didn't want this, not at all. She didn't want anything harmful to happen to Soojung because of her, or for anything to even turn out like this. She was ashamed, disgusted, and worst of all, she knew that she was wrong.

 

Soojung was already walking towards them while all of this was going through Jinri's head. "Soojungji, are you ready to light the fireworks?" "Yeah!" Right at that moment, one of the first fireworks had gone off at the festival. ", let's light our sparklers up right now you guys!" Clearly the most excited one, Soojung handed both of her companions a sparkler and lit it.

"These are so beautiful.." Jinri whispered as she looked down, directly at the spark in her hands. And whilst she looked up, she noticed Jongin and Soojung playing with theirs. Walking towards them with her head held high, and a geniuine smile on her face, Jinri played along with them too. They lit what felt like 5000 sparklers, until they had reached the final 3. "Can we sit down for these? I'm too tired to stand up anymore." he went over towards one of the walls buildings and sat against it. Jongin was complaining like a 7 year old boy. Soojung and Jinri quickly sat beside him, albeit you can be sure they laughed at his fatigue. As all 3 of them eventually laughed together, Jinri made eye contact with Soojung. As if without words even necessary, Jinri knew what Soojung was saying. And with that, she replyed

I missed you too.