Liar.

That One Word- Liar

 

Taemin bit the inside of his lip as the tears poured down his cheeks. “Liar.” “You’re an actor. How do I know you aren’t lying?” The words being thrown at him by his own family member stung his heart froze his mind. Why? What did I do? Someone who’s known him his whole life is turning on him- for what reason? There was no valid reason. The pain he felt in his heart though was enough to tell him that this was too much for him to take. His sunglasses over his eyes, his phone in his hand he stared at the home screen on the device- someone help me. His grandmother- his father’s mother- was yelling at his mother again. The determination to save her son’s pride was so strong she ignored what Taemin, his mother, and his brother were telling her.

“He should have been there!” His grandmother yelled.

“You’re right! He should have been there- FOR HIS KIDS! But where was he? With HER!”  His mother yelling back.

Taemin listened as he quickly opened a new message. He wrote to the person he was closest to- Minho. He quickly sent Minho a text asking how he was. Minho wasn’t stupid, he knew that Taemin and his family had decided to try and talk things out with his grandmother. He quickly responded to the boy, “Fine. Are you okay?”

Something that his grandmother said caught Taemin’s attention, a small string or something inside him snapped a bit.

“My father betrayed us! The moment he went outside of our family he betrayed all of us! Do you even know how that feels? How could you?” Tears poured down his face harder and faster than before, he still didn’t remove the sunglasses- how could he? His eyes were red and puffy and only getting worse.

He turned his attention back to the device in his hands. “I have definitely been better. :  )”

“Do you want to talk?”

“Sure, but can we meet up to talk? I don’t want to be alone after this.”

Eventually everything erupted and they couldn’t take it anymore. Taemin follow his mother and brother down the sidewalk to their car. There was one word that echoed in his mind and reverberated through his entire body- LIAR. Taemin hated lying, he hated being lied to. Why was everyone lying to him? Why did his own grandmother call him a liar? Why?

LIAR.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: I'm going to stop here for now... I have to go to work... so maybe I'll update later! Maybe it'll be tomorrow... maybe... I don't know yet! :) Thanks for reading though!