The Encounter

Secret World

It was a quiet yet, another messy day in Inkyung University. Well, for Chanyeol. Because just like any other days, he rushes his homeworks and projects to be passed a hour later or so. Not because he's lazy, but because of an experiment he's currently working on.

This experiment he's working on, is a cure for Leukemia which apparently doesn't have a cure up until now. It's for his mother who is currently suffering from it. This experiment was one of the hardest, considering that the chemicals and ingredients to be used are hard to obtain. They weren't something you could see around the country or just easily buy from the market.

He was really busy about this experiment (his teachers gave him the permission to borrow the school laboratory for a while since he is the university's top genius), that he became a little too anti-social. It's not like he would lose something or someone anyway. No one really talks to him-- or vice versa, except those who likes to copy homeworks and Kai, his bestfriend since childhood.

"Dude, take a rest will 'ya?" Kai said as he entered the laboratory, bumping into a table with some test tube racks on it.

Chanyeol took a glances at his bestfriend and shook his head lightly. "No, i'm still kinda busy here and hey! Be careful with those! I won't have enough money to replace those you know." Chanyeol glared at his bestfriend who was kind of a rich bastard so Kai wasn't really that strapped for money like Chanyeol was.

"Geez, chill. You know, you're getting too stressed with that. Take a rest. I mean, like a vacation or something." Kai shrugged, Chanyeol still not glancing up at him or even simply shaking his head or humming as a response. "I mean, wouldn't it be better to give your brain and body a little rest? You won't be able to finish that more if you get sick or something." He added.

Chanyeol looked up at him from the beakers and sighed in defeat. "Okay, fine. You're right. Our semestral break starts next week right? A small vacation does sound nice." He nodded.

Kai smiled widely and grins, resting his elbows on the table beside the test tube racks. "Okay then! What about Jeju? Sounds nice, right?"

"What? Can't we just go to a beautiful garden or somethi--"

"Hey, you have got to have fun. I mean, look at yourself!" Kai laughs. Chanyeol didn't think it was funny. "Look, I wasn't joking. Have some fun. I don't even think sunlight had touched you since you started those experimental things." Kai nodded.

"You're making me feel like a weirdo freak or something."

"Aren't you one?" Kai shrugged one shoulder and shook his hand in front of Chanyeol's face when he felt the latter about to protest. Chanyeol always does. "I'm going now. Have some errands to run. Bye!" He said as he walked out the lab.

Chanyeol watched as Kai walked out the laboratory and sighed inwardly. Maybe he is overworking himself. But overworking is a part of being a scientist and that explains why they have these messy hairdo style. And that's what he wanted from the first place. Although he wasn't sure, this was what he currently wanted. He walked out the lab to the library and decided to rush his homeworks for a while, checking at his wristwatch from time to time.

 

After class, he sighed in relief because he was able to pass all his assignments and projects on their due dates. As usual, he'd go back the school lab and continued with his experiment. Sometimes, Kai would watch him with a boring expression drawn on his face.

Then that's when it happened.

Chanyeol was distilling some water while mixing chemicals together for their science project when he suddenly bumped into a test tube rack with some test tubes that contained unknown chemicals in it. Chanyeol was noted not to touch it, so when it all fell into the chemicals he was mixing, he definitely panicked inside. Chanyeol stood with his mouth opened as he watched the test tube roll on the table, empty. It was a good thing they didn't break but everything-- everything of the chemicals were gone. He's gonna get ready for his teacher's scolding.

He suddenly jumped back, almost falling on his , when a white-- or blue swirly thingy was created by the chemicals in the air or whatever. He didn't know what it was. He didn't know to explain it scientifically either. His conclusion was, it was just simply gas released by the chemicals but when it started getting brighter, light coming out from it, he just didn't know anymore.

He watched with his mouth agabe as the swirly thingy slowly starts to get bigger. For a second, he though it was a dark hole, but then he thought that maybe he was just dreaming so he pinched himself and hissed when it hurt.

"What is this..?" He asked to himself, standing on his feet and falling back down when a head or whatever it was just suddenly slid out of the hole slowly. It reminded him of birthgiving but he was finally creeped out. He didn't know what to do-- run, or maybe call someone for help. But he was frozen, watching some creature slide out of the swirly thingy. "W-what?!"

The human-- or whatever it was, fell on the floor with a loud thud. He had brown hair that fall just right above his eyes perfectly and a little just below his nape. He was wearing some kind of old Japanese costume. The ones with white top and red pants or what-so-ever.

It, or he, looked up at him and blinked. He was wearing a necklace that had a bell as a pendant. Something suddenly twitched on it's head making Chanyeol flinch a bit. Then some kind of ears rosed on his brown hair. Something also flicked behind the boy, then flicked again.

Chanyeol tried to peek behind and saw a tail. A freaking tail. Then he looked at the boy's head and saw the boy's cat ears.

A/N: Baek's costume was something like this eue.

So he now had a new conclusion. The chemicals mixed together kinda released a gas and-- "No, it just doesn't make sense." Chanyeol blinked and poked the boy's forehead, making the boy, who was staring at him the whole time, scoot away  in surprise.

Chanyeol noted that he wasn't really harmful. Well, he didn't look harmful really. The thing or whatever it was looked far from harmful. It was smaller than him, everyone was but he was a lot smaller than him. he also had this innocent eyes, pink soft lips and small hands. His hands were pretty, Chanyeol noted mentally. He looked soft and fragile. Nothing was really harmful about him.

"Hello?"

It talked.

Chanyeol blinked and look at it-- or him.

"Of course it does. What's the mouth for right." He said to himself.

The unknown creature tilted it's head to the side and scooted away as Chanyeol crawled to him to poke him. "Don't be scared, I won't hurt you." Chanyeol smiled and scanned the creature's ears and tail. Was it.. A human cat?

The creature blinked, his cat ears twitching as he did, as Chanyeol patted his head. The creature pouted then suddenly bit Chanyeol's hand. Hard.

Chanyeol screamed and tried his best to pull his hand away from the creature's teeth without his skin or flesh disppearing into the creature's mouth. "Aw goodness! You! W-what are you?!" Chanyeol shook his hand as he successfully pulled it away.

"I'm Baekhyun!" It said with a bright and cheerful smile.

"I'm not asking you who you are, i'm asking you what you are." Chanyeol looked at his skin, checking if he's gonna become a zombie or something. Well luckily, nothing happened.

It pouted and stood up, the bell ringing when he touched it. "Where am I? I wanna go back to our palace. Sehunnie, my brother, is there.." He looked around and started touching things that would cost Chanyeol a lot of money if it broke. "Oh, what is this?" He smiles brightly as he touched a test tube and poked it repeatedly. Then it ran to Chanyeol, poking Chanyeol's ears. "What funny ears you have." He chuckled.

Chanyeol didn't know if he should feel offended by it since he was teased 'elephant ears' but he felt that it, Baekhyun, came from another place. Or planet. Or whatever."

"What..are you?" Chanyeol blinked as he poked baekhyun's ear repeatedly, it's ear twitching with every poke.

It's smile reaches it's eye as it looks at Chanyeol. "You're a human! So.. I'm in a human world!" It smiled brightly and looked around happily. "Wah, it was my dream to get here! But they didn't let me, they said it was dangerous.." Baekhyun shook it's head and pouted.

Chanyeol didn't ask anymore, since he knew that thing wasn't really listening to him.

 

Chanyeol didn't know what to do, he couldn't possibly tell everyone that this human cat or something popped out in a portal or something that he accidentally made while making some experimental stuffs. It was really a pain because first, that experiment was so damn hard. Second, the chemicals that his teachers noted him not to touch. And third, how would he be able to sneak this cat outside the school and where is he going to leave him?

He stared at baekhyun as the human cat jumps around, it's bell ringing as he lands on the floor. "What's your name?" Baekhyun finally asked. It wasn't like Chanyeol was waiting for it or something.

"I'm Chanyeol." Chanyeol answered, still thinking of a plan.

"Oh, I see. Hello human Chanyeol! My name is Baekhyun." It giggled. "Oh, I already told you haven't I? Sorry! I'm Byun Baekhyun!  Prince of Inkyung Palace." It finally introduced itself formally and Chanyeol's eyes widen at what he heard. "What? Inkyung Palace? But isn't that.. That.. That was just a myth. The Inkyung Palace which had different human half animal creatures.."

Baekhyun giggles softly and nodded. "You're right, but we're not half human, human Chanyeol. We just look human. I want to be a human though, it feels happy!" It chuckled softly.

"But how-- how did I summon you here or something?"

"You opened the portal!" Baekhyun chuckles. "And for that, I thank you. I should call you Master as a sign of appreciation." Baekhyun giggles then jumps in front of Chanyeol who was sitting on a chair, waiting for everything to sink in. Chanyeol got a bit surprised and more surprised when it wrapped it's tail around his waist then suddenly kissed his lips.

Chanyeol's world stopped for a little while then his senses came back to him when he saw Baekhyun walking to the door. "Wait! No! Don't go out!" Chanyeol rapidly stood up and ran for Baekhyun, grabbing it, his, arm gently.

"I wanna see the outside world.." Baekhyun pouted. "THey said it was just like our world, except there were a lot of humans!" He giggled softly.

Chanyeol tapped his chin as he tried to squeeze his brains for some idea. "I know. here, change to this." Chanyeol handed him a paperbag with his extra uniform in it. "It might be a little oversized for you, but whatever just wea--"

Chanyeol gulped when Baekhyun started stripping in front of him. "W-wait!" He pulled Baekhyun into the shower room, the latter blinking twice. "N-now go."

Chanyeol waited for a few minutes and looked at the door of the shower room when it slowly opened. "I don't like these clothes.." Baekhyun whispered as he stepped out the shower room with a pout.

Chanyeol actually thought Baekhyun was human for a little millisecond if it wasn't for his cat ears. "And my tail can't move around." Baekhyun whined softly.

And he actually looked good.

Chanyeol noted to slap himself when he gets home later.