001 ◆ The News

Loathe At First Sight

 

 001 ◆ The News 

 

 

Third POV  [Warning: A long chapter..sorry .-.]
Morning arose. The sun was shining through the curtains of a soft pink room. The walls, of the room, were highly decorated with different patterns that greatly defined the soft pink on the walls. Some posters of singers were sprawled upon a billboard over a wooden desk that seems to have matched the color of the walls.
In the middle of the room of the room, parallel to the desk and door, laid a queen sized bed and a body currently occupying it.
The lines of the sheets curved gently around the figure, aligning to the body's every movement. From the curves of the sheets, the figure was undoubtly a girl.
The door, then, opened, making a soft little ruffle sound against the pure white fluffy rug of the room. The figure was dressed in a calf-length navy colored maid outfit, ultimately meaning the figure was noneotherthan a woman.
"Jieun-ssi, it is time to wake up. The madam does not want you to be late for your first day of school. Please do wake up." The maid gently shook the sleeping beauty awake. The girl was reluctant and pulled the covers over her face to block out the sunlight. The maid sighed and pulled the blankets off, making Jieun hiss a bit from the sudden loss of warmth.
"Honestly, you do not want to be late on your first day." The maid went over to the curtains and pulled them apart, bringing in the sunlight.
"I'm sure Mister Nam Woohyun will be showing up as well today." The maid teased a bit with a smile, feigning innocence. The sleepy Jieun automatically woke up and a blush lined her face.
"W-what are you talking about? I d-don't l-like Woohyun!" Jieun tried to defend.
"I never said you did, mistress. Hehe" The maid teased only making Jieun's blush become more prominent and noticeable, if that was possible.
"I-I'm just saying.." Jieun humphed.
"Sure, now get ready and head down for breakfast. I prepared your favorite." The maid smiled before stepping out of the room for Jieun to attend to her morning routine.
When the maid was out of the room, Jieun flopped back down onto her pillow and said to herself, as she held her burning cheeks "I d-don't like Woohyun, he is only a good friend. Yea, j-just a good frie- ARGH" She pulled her pillow over her face and tried to settle down before getting up to change.
-----
Jieun walked down the marble stair case to the large dining room through two giant twin doors.
There, at the end of the dining table sat her parents. Her father right at the end and her mother to his right. Jieun went to sit down next to her father on the left side, where she usually sat for as long as she could remember.
Butlers came out with food served on silver platters. A silver platter was each placed in front of Jieun and her parents before the butlers took of the lids, presenting their food. Then leaving back into the kitchen.
"Ah, I am surprised and glad to see you up early this morning, Jieun dear." Her mother stated in a gentle tone.
"It wasn't easy at first, but I got up with the help of Hyori unnie, umma." Jieun smiled brightly to her mother.
"Please, Jieun, these people are hired to help. You do not need to always be so generous to them." Her father sternly responded putting down her morning paper for a second.
"Ah, mianhe, appa." Jieun had known that her father, and at times her mother, did not enjoy Jieun being so "close" with the maids and butlers; yet, Jieun couldn't help it. It just felt so natural to thank, greet or talk to them so normally, as though they were on the same class level as she. Jieun wasn't one much about "class" anyways.
"I am done with my breakfast, if you will excuse me, umma and appa." Jieun pushed out her chair and started to get up.
"Alright, the chauffer is waiting outside, be sure not to be late again. Also, return early today. We have some news to tell you." Her mother stated.
"Alright." Jieun nodded and went off to the front of the house where the door was. Standing there was a maid holding Jieun's bag, Jieun took the bag after saying a "thank you" and giving the maid a kind smile. To which the maid just bowed in return.
Jieun headed out and went down to the limo that waited outside; the chauffer opened the door for Jieun as she gave him a smile and soft "thank you" in return.
In another minute, the limo was out of the gold gates and heading to one of the most elite schools in Korea, Mystic High School.
------
"Here is your stop, mistress. Will you be fine? Do you need anything else?" The chauffer was inclined to ask as he opened the door for her.
"No, I'm fine. Oh! I do not need to be pisked up after school today, I rather prefer to walk. It's good exercise, and I haven't exercised in a while. Don't worry, I will make it home in time before curfew. Thank you. Have a nice rest of the day." Jieun gave him a smile as she retook ahold of her bag and stepped out of the car.
"Of course, you as well, mistress." Then the Chauffer was off.
Jieun walked up to the giant gates that stood in front of the large school. Taking in a deep breath before proceeding to walk through the gates, until...a figure held onto her shoulder.
By reflex she grabbed the figure's arm and twisted it behind their back.
"UNCLE! UNCLE! UNCLE! Jieun-ah! It's just me!!" Jieun looked down and immediately let go and stepped back a little before bowing down and apologizing many times to the person that stood before her.
"God, Jieun, when did you become so strong? When we were younger I was the one that had to protect you. You should join the Taekwondo club, we could really use someone like you." The figure's voice sounded similar to a man's. He did not sound angry nor annoyed in anyways, instead his tone was the complete opposite.
"Mianhe, mianhe, mianhe, mianhe, mianhe~" Jieun still wouldn't look him straight in the eyes and instead kept on apologizing.
"Hey, Jieun, look at me. This is your best friend we're talking about. you can't damage me that easily." He said with a proud smile.
"Hey! I have gotten stronger! So don't look as though I am the weak little girl from back then, Nam Woohyun! Or you may regret it." Jieun stated with a bit of a grin.
"Ah, is that a challenge, Song Jieun?" Woohyun got in close to Jieun and gave her a bit of a playful smirk.
"What if it is?" Jieun smirked back.
"Then I accept. Just don't-" But he was cut off.
"-regret your decision, Nam Woohyun." Jieun finished for him as she gave him one last smile.
"Haha, geez, Jieun. When did you become so witty? What happened to my cute and innocent little sister?" Woohyun smiled to Jieun as he gave her a small pat on the head. Jieun was about to protest until the school bell rang. "C'mon, we don't want to be late, right?" Woohyun walked a head of her heading to class first.
Jieun walked a little slower having a bit of a sullen expression on her face.
"Little sister, huh? *sigh*" She said to herself before heading to class.
------
The rest of the day went on smoothly. Nothing out of the ordinary had happened...yet.
Just another year, more like their last year, at Mystic High. Already knowing the inside and out of the place and knowing the rules and regullations. Knowing what NOT to do if they do not want to get in trouble. So of course everything went smoothly.
------
*Ding* *ding* *ding* "Hm? Alright, class. That is it for today. Welcome back and have a great rest of the year. See you all tomorrow." The teacher said in a monotoned voice before leaving the classroom.
"WAAAAHHHHH!!!!!~~~" Woohyun yawned loudly as he stretched his arms in the air. Not caring if he had just caught the attention of the whole class. Girls started to giggle a bit at Woohyun's normal antics, as the guys just laughed loudly and those close to him patted him on the back asking if he was alsleep that whole time or if he had a good nap.
Woohyun just sheepishly smiled as he rubbed behind his neck, as though he were a bit embarrassed.
Jieun, on the other hand, started to pack up her things. Until Woohyun came up to her desk(which wasn't a far distance).
"Hey, Jieun! Wanna walk home together today?" Woohyun asked, giving a bit of a puppy dog face. One that Jieun, undoubtly, couldn't deny.
"U-uh, sure, Woohyun. But no stopping today like last time when we walked back together! I need to get home early today, araso?" Jieun said in a slightly serious and lecturing tone.
"Okay, okay. I promise, no stops" Woohyun crossed his heart and held up one hand as he gave her a smile; Jieun still gave him a bit of a glare and look as if saying "don't-pull-anything,-I'm-watching-you."
"What? I won't! Promise!" Woohyun tried to reason, which, in return, Jieun just sighed, leaving Woohyun giving her a giant smile.
"Cool! Let's go!" Woohyun held Jieun's hand gently and led her out the door, but not before some of the classmates(that believe Jieun and Woohyun should/are go(ing) out) giving bits of comments like 'Woo! Just go out already!' or 'Gosh, you guys sure can't keep your hands off each other, tsk tsk' in a teasing tone. Leaving the two(Woohyun and Jieun) blushing madly.
"Waaahhh~ It's not like that guys~ Woohyun and I are just like siblings!!" Jieun tried to argue for Woohyun's sake. Believing that he doesn't like her, like she does he, and just trying to not make their friendship awkward.
But little did she know that Woohyun's smile faded a bit and his grip on her hand loosened.
"Sure, sure, Jieunnie. Just don't have too much fun on your guys' date!" A guy friend of Woohyun's, Myungsoo, called out(a/n: Infinite will make little appearances here and there).
"Yah!! I'll get you, Kim Myungsoo!!" Jieu shouted in a "not-so" threatening tone, making Myungsoo just nod and chuckle a bit. While Jieun just humphed at him.
"Yah! C'mon, Jieun! Don't you have to get home early?" Woohyun just wanted to end the conversation and get going.
"Ah! Right! Bye, guys! Watch your back, Myungsoo!!" Jieun lastly shouted out before being pulled out of the class by Woohyun.
Their classmates were left giggling and laughing at Jieun's cute outburst.
"Those two are definitely meant for each other." One female student said, as everyone agreed in return.
------
Jieun and Woohyun were at the front of Jieun's house gate.
"Well, see you tomorrow, Jieun." Woohyun said a bit awkwardly.
"Yea, tomorrow." She agreed.
"Um, would you like to walk together tomorrow in the morning?" He asked.
"Yea! Sure! I mean- that sounds fine. I would like that." Jieun composed herself, trying to hold in her excitement.
"Yea, tomorrow then."
"Tomorrow." There was then an awkward pause. In that minute that passed by, the two looked deeply into each other's eyes as the distance between them decreased. Until...
Woohyun snapped out of it and started to blush furiously. Backing away a bit, "Yea, goodbye, Jieunnie! I'll see you tomorrow!" He shouted out running off and waving goodbye. Jieun just slowly waved goodbye back, left a little confused and wondering to herself what just happened.
------
Walking back into the house she hears her mother's voice, "Jieun dear, is that you?"
"Yes, it is me, umma."
"Please come into the family room then, dear. We have grand news to tell you." Jieun headed to the family room only to see a middle-aged couple and man that looked a bit older than she, sitting on the couch across her parents.
"Come, sit dear." Jieun was a bit confused as to who the people were, though they did look a bit familiar. Jieun took a seat next to her mother, sitting right across from the man that looked a bit..serious, in an intimidating way.
"Jieun, this is Mr. and Mrs. Wu." Jieun looked to the couple and then greeted them politely.
"Oh, dear. What a charming young lady, no need to be so formal." Mrs. Wu said with a gently smile. Jieun just nodded in return, looking back to her mother with a still confused look.
"This is their son, Wu Yi Fan." Jieun then looked to the man across from her. They both shook hands and bother were a bit unsure as to why they were here.
"Mr. Yi Fan here, is going to be your husband. You two are to be married." Her mother said slowly.
.........What?
It took a moment for Jieun to process her mother's words. Before standing up and shouting out, unlady-like:
"MARRIED?!" Jieun and surprisingly Yi Fan, as well, exclaimed.

 

author's note :
This has been the first chapter. A very LONG first chapter, if I do say so myself -.- took me many hours, but I am finally done! I hope you liked it(or not, that's fine >.<) please do comment your thoughts on the first chapter of the story ^^ Thanks for all the support and love even before the story even started. I'm so glad to see so many already having subscribed. Thank you. Well, that's it for now! Until next time! Ta-ta for now~ -Panda3093-