Hurt

The Popular Girls.

If there was a type of people Jessica disliked were people who cheated in their relationship.

It wasn’t because of the actual act, but how they led on their partners when they could just break up with them, what was so hard about that?

She had no issues on people cheating on tests or such, she didn’t care about that and if there was someone in their class who was most likely to cheat, that’d be Jessica. Of course, she never cheated in exams, only in small tests when she was too lazy to study. But relationships were different.

Her parents taught her that so she believed that firmly.

So when Tiffany sent her a picture early morning of her mother kissing a man, other than her father, she didn’t believe it. It wasn’t her mother, it couldn’t have been. Wasn’t her mum the one who kept telling her how much she missed their father?

She was sure it wasn’t her mother. She swore at Tiffany, saying things that she’d never think she’d say.

“Just because your mum is not here anymore, doesn’t mean you can go around saying such things about mine. Don’t talk to me ever again” was the last text she sent to her best friend.

What was it they say? Denial is the first stage of hurt, right?

It all matched up together when later on in the morning, her mother came back from wherever she went. She was wearing the same outfit of the picture. Black coat, white trousers and the purse was the same.

How could she have not seen that?

The purse. The one her husband bought for her.

She couldn’t bring herself to say anything, she just stared at her mother’s reflection in the mirror as she was unaware of her daughter’s findings.

“Oh, you’re awake? You’re hungry, right? I’ll change and cook something for us” her mother’s voice was bright, smiling like she never before.

She was happy, because of another man.

Jessica just walked up to her mother and showed her the picture, her mother’s confused expression now was shocked, and then as she met Jessica’s eyes, it was apologetic.

“Jessica, I-I can explain”

Oh, not the I can explain, probably followed by It’s not what it looks like.

Jessica wouldn’t listen to any of those, she hated those clichéd words whenever she heard them in the movies, and she couldn’t believe she was hearing them from her own mother.

“It’s not true, right?” she held on to her last rope of hope. If her mother said it wasn’t true, then, surely it wouldn’t be true right? Right?

“It’s… true. But honey, you’d love to meet him, he’s a doctor an-“

Jessica shook her head, this wasn’t happening to her.

She had been a good daughter after all, right?

“Is it because of the fight? You were drunk, weren’t you? You were upset and angry at me, so you drank, didn’t you? I’ll fix it, I’ll apologize to those girls, I’ll fix it!”

Her mother’s look softened, pity written all over her face and that was it for Jessica.

There was nothing she could do to fix it, her mother cheated, she was a cheater and Jessica didn’t like cheaters.

***

“She’s always there for me when I need her; she’s my best friend; she’s just my everything”- Ashley Olsen

Wandering around the streets of Seoul, Jessica never had a good sense of orientation, she looked around the buildings, clueless on where she was.

She sat on a bench, staring at her phone. She had to make it up to Tiffany, they were best friends and Jessica had no right of treating her like she did. But would Tiffany forgive her? The words she said were really hurtful, she realized.

What do I do? She asked herself, lost.

Jessica wasn’t going to cry, she wasn’t a crier. She was stronger than that and crying was for the weak, her father always told her that. Where was he now when she needed him? That’s what you got when your father was a civil servant.

Although the blonde was really proud and stubborn, she always knew when she was in the wrong, but doing the right thing was harder than doing the wrong thing.

Truthfully, part of her didn’t want to make it up to Tiffany.

If the two girls in the bathroom weren’t talking about Tiffany, Jessica would have never listened.

If she had never listened, she wouldn’t have gotten into the fight and then maybe, maybe her mother wouldn’t have needed to go out and meet that man.

No, she thought, erasing her horrible thoughts. She couldn’t do that to Tiffany, she wouldn’t do that to Tiffany, they were sisters. She needed a sister right now and before it was too late, Jessica had to do the right thing.

So from there, the blonde girl the GPS on her phone and started getting directions to the other girl’s house, thinking of ways to apologize.

***

Tiffany looked at the last message her supposed best friend sent her. She wasn’t mad, it was really hard for her to get mad at Jessica. She knew her, maybe even better than she knew herself so she knew for a fact that she didn’t mean anything she said, but it didn’t hurt any less.

We say things we don’t mean when we’re angry, right? That had to be it.

So when Jessica knocked on her door, she didn’t’ say a thing but just hugged her tightly, knowing that her best friend needed her more than she was hurt.

Because that was what best friends do, they were there for each other in these types of situations and Tiffany knew best, because she had needed Jessica too before.

No words where needed, because sometimes, actions speak louder than words.

***

Jiyong hadn’t seen Jessica in a week.

She was supposed to come back on Thursday but her seat was empty for the whole week. He glanced at the door and every time it opened, he was looking forward to see her blonde hair stick out and see her walking proudly in the class, like she usually did.

But she didn’t, for another week.

She wasn’t answering texts, calls. Her friends seemed to know nothing, but they kept telling him to not worry, it was Jessica Jung after all.

He even went as far as to ask the captain of the girls’ football team if she had any news, but nothing. Again.

It was different from when they were ignoring each other, because then he knew she was there, he could feel her presence.

Now in class, there was something missing in the monotone days of school, as the day went on all the same, he missed her.

He was so used to having her next to him in lessons. Most often, he used to steal glances from time to time to see her concentrate on the board when she was interested but for lessons she hated, for example Korean History, she’d zone out, even though her eyes were stuck to the board. He was the only one who could tell she wasn’t listening.

Sometimes, they’d exchange looks when the teachers would assign more homework, or when one of them didn’t know the answer to an exercise, they’d help each other out. He missed that.

***

 

Hello everybody.

Short chapter because I cut it up in half.

Next chapter in two days.

Does this chapter make sense? I changed it so many times.

What do you think?

 Hope you like it.

Minnie xx