Intersection

Different Colors
Different Colors
 
Chapter 1: Intersection
 
The guitar played through the quiet and blank auditorium of a church along with a voice that echoed through the room. He heard it and listened to it. He understood every word, and every of those words struck him through his soul. He knew then that the song was conveyed perfectly by the singer herself. He wanted to see who it was, however there was no time for it. But he could never forget her voice. 
 
 
"Oh my gosh! You guys won't believe it but I passed the audition and we start the session tomorrow!" 
 
"Already? Wow, that's impressive! You must be so good!"
 
"Oh no. There were people that was so much better than me!"
 
"Aww~ You're so modest! Of course, you were great!"
 
"Aww, Thank you!" 
 
All she could do was listen to them talk. She finds it kind of immodest for people to pretend modest when they know themselves they're better than everyone. Bragging about their so-called talents and skills. It's nothing but a nuisance. If anything, one should only brag about their talent and, or skills if they have the talent for it. But she knows very well that's not how it works. Even those without the abilities or gifts of talent can show off, one just have to have the guts to show it. 
 
As lovely as it may sound, bragging sounds like a drag for her. 
 
Before she could reach the front door of her classroom, someone had pulled her back. She was quite surprise but she already knew who it may be. Without turning her head back, she let out a grunt and heard that familiar laugh. Oh, how she wish this doesn't happen every morning, but it does. Although it may be very annoying, it is also amusing for her. It's nice to have someone come and greet her every morning, but it's also a drag having that person only talk to you at this time only. 
 
"Good Morning!" Ha Neul greets Ji Yae who push her bag up to her shoulder with a slight smile. "How was your morning today?"
 
Ji Yae slightly smile and greet back, "Morning to you too. Mine was just a dejavu." Ha Neul nods with a pout and bid goodbye. They both enter the room and go on their separate ways. It's been a month since her senior year started and so far everything is still the same. She's still isolated. But the girl doesn't blame it on other people, in fact she prefers it that way. She isolate herself. 
 
Looking back, she used to try her best to befriend other people but it seems that she grew tired of it. Ji Yae takes her seat and prepares her stuff. At the same time, two boys enter the room causing some riot in the room. 
 
One enter with his new back to normalish brown hair and one with a red hair. Girls swoon over them and the guys, well, they congrats them and compliment how much the color looks good on them. "Oh my gosh oppa! You two looks so good in those color!" "Any color looks good on them that's why!" "They're ulzzang. Ulzzang!!" "Men, you two have got to stop doing stuff on your body!" "Yeah! Leave some girls for us ugly dudes!" 
 
The two laughs. The bell rings but no one seemed to have notice. "YO!" the teacher walks on, Mr. Park Myungsoo. Everyone goes to their in a speed of light. The two boys were about to but they were stopped by Mr. Park waving his magical stick in front of their faces. "What the hell did you two idiots do to your flipping hairs?!" he said, making the class laugh.
 
Mr. Park is one of those cool teachers. He's very casual and yet sometimes old school. Most of the students likes him or at least come to like whether they're in his class or not. And he's also one of those teacher one just can't mess with. He'd punish, fight back, and cuss at you if he had to. He doesn't care.
 
"L.Joe thought it'd be a great idea!" the one blames the other.
 
L.Joe gasps and crosses his arms at the other boy, "Really Daehyun? Really?" He rolls his eyes on his friend. Mr. Park slightly poke their heads with the seat saying, "Go to your seat idiots." L.Joe and Daehyun rubs their head and goes to their seat. Mr. Park begins roll call. 
 
A minute or something later, there comes a knock on the door and of course they know who it would be. There's only one person in class who still does knocking, "It seems that Mi Yo is late again Saeng-nim." The class laughs. Mr. Park opens the door glaring at the little girl munching her food. She enters the room casually and pulls out a note handing it to Mr. Park. Before Miyo could go to her seat, Mr. Park grabs the little perks of her hair jerking her back.
 
"Ms. Mi Yo. Have you not learn from your last punishment? This is your tenth tardy and it has only been a month," Mr. Park said.
 
"I know," Mi Yo response tersely, innocently looking at her teacher. 
 
Mr. Park shook his head. "And how many times do I have to tell you and confiscate the food you always carry?" He grabs Mi Yo's food making her react obliviously cute. The class laughs somewhat. "Aren't you afraid of getting fat? You always have food wherever you go!" 
 
"B.. B-but I'm hungry...." She cries, reaching for her food. Mr. Park sigh, "do you eat breakfast at home?" Mi Yo shakes her head and he sigh again, handing the food back. "I'm gonna need to call you parents and talk to them about this." But Mi Yo didn't hear those last words but only focused herself with the food she got back. She was content. 
 
"MIYO!" Mr. Park shouts and she turns around, "Take those ear plugs off your ears and pay attention." And she did, pouting. "I don't care if your one of the Top 5. You still need to pay attention." The class begins.
 
Mi Yo has always been that girl that tends to not care less. She's very free and just herself. She doesn't care about what other people thinks of her, sees her as, or anything. What matters to her is how she lives. She lives a very comfortable life in anyone's eyes. She's not someone who would lives in hardship and consequences. She's smart and very much intelligent, although mostly slow and dumb. Mi Yo has always been that girl that certainly have a future ahead of her. 
 
As for Jae Yi, she lives quite the opposite of Mi Yo ... She's an energy saver and tends to push herself away from people because of pain. She doesn't want to expect too much from people, or even attach herself from these people... because she knows the feeling of being betrayed and pushed away ... of being isolated. That's why she chose to isolate herself. She's a loner ... who only kept the close ones close. 
 
L.Joe meanwhile continue to lives his comfortably life. He's been around some parts of the world, travelling with his rich family. He lived in America and is fluent with English. He's smart and intelligent, and one of the top 5s. Other than that, he's musically talented. He have everything. He also have that fit body for a short guy, still in height development. He have everything. 
 
Also there's Daehyun, the musically talented boy. He can sing, rap, beat box, and dance. He's very talented. He plays the guitar and his voice is his killing weapon. But this boy isn't the brightest or smartest at all. He's quite slow and doesn't see these academic class any worth of his time for the future. Although he also have this great future ahead of him, he is rather lost. Uncertain of exactly what he wants to do in the future... For now, he's sure he wants it to have something to do with music. 
 
These four sits in all different areas of the classroom, however all in their field of vision. They know one another exists and names. They have thought of talking to each other before. But these four never saw it as something relevant at all. These four would always think, "Nah... I'd probably annoy her/him." Like that, thoughts like that stops them from encountering. 
 
But what if time and destiny finally gets tired of their laziness and hesitations that it destiny make the time for their fate to come across each other without a choice? 
 
Before lunch begins, Mr. Park announces, "Tomorrow you guys are changing seats!" The class whines. 
 
"WHY?!"
 
"Because I said so. So Shut it. It'll be arrange by drawing numbers, the old fashion way," he continued and the class groans. "Oh shove it all in your , I trusted you guys for choosing your seats and apparently I was an idiot for trusting you guys."
 
"What did we do?!"
 
"Excluding L.Joe, Mi Yo, Ha Neul, Ji Soo, Kim and Ji Yae ... You all failed the first REVIEW Test!" he exclaimed. 
 
"What's the got to do with our seating arrangements?!"
 
"See? Even asking that kind of question after telling why I'm rearranging the seats tells me you're an idiot who doesn't pay attention!" Mr. Park tells him.
 
"Be Quiet dumbo," the dude's friend said. 
 
"Now get the hell out of here and eat you lunch!" Class was dismiss.
 
 
 
On the way out, Daehyun just keeps on blabbering about how the heck he missed so much questions when he studied so hard and so much. All L.Joe could say was, "You studied too much, it drained your brain away," with a laugh. Daehyun pouts and shove the paper at the laughing L.Joe. 
 
"Haha that's funny~ Okay, just because I'm not like you who's pretty much a genius doesn't mean I'm stupid!" Daehyun defends himself. 
 
"Says the guy who got a 30% on his Korean Language and Literature Test," L.Joe laughs and Daehyun pushes his friend away with a glare. 
 
 
Ji Yae goes on her way to her locker and takes out her meal box. She head straight to the cafeteria and ask the lunch lady to heat it up. They are somewhat close. Then she goes to her usual place and eat her lunch with some close friends. They talk and talk, sometimes laugh and laugh. But most of the conversation were focus on her friend Chae Young. 
 
"I just can't believe it. This guy kept on calling me. I'm not kidding. It called me for like 20 times yesterday. It's annoying," Chae Young whines.
 
"Then why not just tell him to stop and draw the line?" a friend suggested making Ji Yae nods.
 
"It's better to be straightforward and just get it over with. Whining about it won't do you anything. He'll continue on and on about it," Ji Yae added.
 
Chae Young rolls her eyes, "whatever. I'm just not liking it. I didn't even give him my number!"
 
"Then how'd he got it?" 
 
"How should I know? People I don't know just magically gets my number," Chae Young said. "I'm popular what can I say?" she suddenly bragged. 
 
"Well if you're not going to take our suggestion then you're on your own. I'm going to get going. See you later," Ji Yae said and leaves. She plugs her earphone in and walks away, not looking back. As much as she likes Chae Young, sometimes the girl can be so conceited that it annoys Ji Yae. 
 
Anyway, on the other hand, Mi Yo quietly munches her food outside the bench by herself and listens to her music. Her friends doesn't bother to interrupt her at all and just continue eating and talking to themselves. But while she eats and listens to music, she also reads a book. Mi Yo doesn't really read a book but this book she likes. 
 
Right now she couldn't care less about the world, to be honest. All she wants to do is relax and go to sleep. Her friend keeps on talking about clothes and accessories and it's not exactly her style of conversation because to be honest ... Mi Yo isn't interested in those things. Her friends have told her that she have to change one day and become a real girl ... but isn't she already a girl? 
 
Mi Yo didn't say a word at all and just wants the day to pass. But the book she was reading ended and she let out a heavy sigh. A very heavy sigh. She's not in the mood to joining her friend's conversation at all. Not at all. She sits up straight and pull out one earphone. "Hey, I'm going to the library and return this book. I will be back later and if not ... don't come looking for me at all," she said bluntly. Her friends just nod and continue their own conversation. Mi Yo walks away without a care in the world.
 
 
"Man, do you always have to go to the library?" Daehyun whines to L.Joe. 
 
"Okay dude, first I don't always go to the library and second, I have to return this book before I get fined," L.Joe tell his friend. They both walk to the library and finds it very quiet and blank. The librarian seem to like it very much. It's peaceful and relaxing ... L.Joe could feel it. It's one of the reason why he sometimes like going to the library. 
 
Daehyun takes a seat near the doorway and take his ipod out just listening to his music. L.Joe talks to the librarian and ask some questions. 
 
"Do you have the second book?" he asks. The librarian smiles, "ah yes ... it's at that section," she points and L.Joe walks on over there. 
 
He looks through the aisle and continue walking until the end of it. Then before reaching the shelves attach on the far wall, a pair of feet surprised him. He catches his heart from falling off the ground because that really scared him. He let out a heavy sigh and walk towards the shelf. He takes a glimpse of the person and it's a girl... He recognize her. "Mi Yo?" he whispers. 
 
He looks around and turn his attention back to Mi Yo. He kneels down next to her and look at her covered face. He actually have to caress the hair covering her face away to her ears and find that she's sleeping with music in her ears. A little smile crept up to his face. "Sleepy head," he whispers again. He looks over to her hand and finds her holding the book he needs. 
 
Because of his attempt of taking it without asking, Mi Yo wakes up slowly and L.Joe burst up to a standing position acting as if he's looking for the book he needs at the nearest shelf. Mi Yo stands up and looks over her watch. "Oh ... twenty minutes left ... urgh, I fell asleep again?" she was talking to herself and yet to notice L.Joe standing right next to her. And when she did, she let out a little yelp. "Oh My flipping ... Oh .. It's just you. Byunghyun.." she said rubbing her forehead. 
 
After staring at her, he looks away letting out a grunt. "Um... I need that book," he said. Mi Yo looks at her book. "That's the sequel for the book I was reading," he continued. 
 
Mi Yo let out a little gasp and wide eyed stare at L.Joe, "so you have the first book?" He nods. "Oh, good. Finally, I can read it and make sense of everything about this book," she continued relief. 
 
 
L.Joe let out a little chuckle, "you read the second book without reading the first one?" Mi Yo nods with a smile and hands him the book. "Thanks. The first one is with the librarian so ..." he said. "Okay, I'll go get it. Thanks," Mi Yo bid farewell with a slight smile and walks away. 
 
      
 
The day pass and the four walks home in different direction. They were all in close distant: L.Joe and Daehyun walking together on the other side of the sidewalk while the other two on the other with Mi Yo right behind Ji Yae. The four reach the intersection and separate ways. L.Joe goes to the right, before the stop light, same with Mi Yo but on the left. Daehyun cross the street along with Ji Yae on the different side and both went on their own separate ways.