Never Give You Hopes (ONESHOT)

Never Give You Hopes

 

The rain was pouring heavily that evening. River flowed viciously. The wind wailed, crashing the dry leaves off the trees. Blowing everything away. In the rain, a couple stood facing each other. Their faces showed a clear painful expression, though tears didn't flow with it because of the rain wiped it away, but deep inside..the hearts were torn to pieces. Shattering like mirror. 

 

"Boo, please..let me explain...-" the boy tried to talk between the sobs, but the pretty boy didn't bother to care. He turned around, before he could walk away from him, a hand gripped his wrist. Key turned and glared at the guy, who looked back at him with teary eyes.

 

"What do you want now, dickhead?!" Jinki was startled by his words. Key never said nor cursed him like that. He reluctantly released the grip and glanced up at those angry eyes. Jinki tried to find the soft part in his heart through the eyes, but he found nothing. Just anger and disappointment. 

 

"KEY..what did I do to deserve this? Why won't you listen? I thought you..you..-“ before Jinki could finish his words, Key cut it off.

 

"You dare to ask me what you did? You dare to ask me that, Lee Jinki? After what you had done?! You still dare to look at me in the eyes?! Wonder what else did you do with those pathetic lips of yours. Who else did you say those 'I Love You' words to?! Who else, Jinki?! That mongrel ?!" Key finally lost his temper. He yelled at the poor guy, who's heart getting ripped by each word, but his lover never saw that. He was blinded by hatred. Jinki bowed his head, eyes closed, and hands crumpled into fists. Guiltiness built up within him. He lost his words to explain to his love of the life. He really wished he didn't meet with his old childhood friend/cousin that morning. 

 

As Key calm a bit, the pretty boy started to speak, he never took his eyes off the boy who was still standing in front of him, head low on the ground. "You gave me hopes, Jinki. Why the hell did you do that if you planned to leave me and back to her? Don't you know how much I care for you, Jinki? You know how hard it is to live in a day without seeing you? If you really love her.......don't you ever say that you love me. Don't you ever say that you will wait for me.. Don't you ever say that you're sorry..you know why, Jinki? Because, that sorry of yours will never bring us back together. That sorry word will never change anything and that sorry will never make me love you back, Key! You gave me hope..saying that you will always make me happy, you will always be by my sides, you will always love me.. You gave me hope...to love you, Jinki. For God's sake, you made me love you! And this is what I get for loving my boyfriend? Being left alone and my boyfriend ran back to his old lover? This is what I deserve after all the pain you shared with me? After all the promises you said?! Is this what love means to you?! IS IT?!" Tears started to drip on his cheeks, but the rain washed it away, except for the pain. Jinki who still looking at the ground, crying hardly as those words hit him like a million of arrows. He was bleeding. Bleeding deeply inside. 

 

"K-Key.. I didn't mean to hurt you.. I never mean to leave you after all the promises I said to you. I promise to be by your side, boo. I promise I'll always love you.. Please, listen to me.. Please.. just once.. I only want you to listen..for the last time. I promise I won't bother you after this..just please listen to this once, boo.." he pleaded shamelessly. He didn't care what people might think of him being the guy who cries and pleads for love..because a real man dies because of love, his true love. A fake man dies because of his own ego. Key's chuckle sounded like a force, just to hide his sadness. 

 

"Jinki, what else do you want me to listen to? You kissed her, Jinki. You ing kissed her in front of me! On our anniversary! And now you want me to listen a simple 'sorry' or 'it was all a mistake' thingy? No, Jinki. It's over. Everything is over..... I should have known better that no one..and I mean NO ONE would ever accept me as their lover. Who's going to love ‘boy; like me? No one, Lee Jinki. Including you..." Key reached up for the silver necklace, shaped of two hearts that attached together with their names on it. Jinki's eyes widen as he saw what was Key tried to do and his assumption was true. The pretty boy ripped the silver off his beautiful neck and hovered it in the air, dangling it in front of Jinki's face. The necklace was Jinki's gift for his lover on their 3 years anniversary and Key got a silver ring for Jinki. With a sorrow smirk on the flawless boy's face, he crumpled the necklace and threw it away into the river. Jinki didn't make any movements. The dubu was having a great shock in his life. He felt like being stabbed thousand times to see his boo threw the gift away.

 

"Happy now, Jinki? Oh, I'm 'SORRY' for doing it. Besides, it's not like you love me anymore.. Good-bye, boy and...." before Key turned away from him, he threw a last glare and blurted out, "Happy Anniversary for you...and your new victim.." Then, he ran away and left the poor guy alone still in shock and hurt. Letting the rain slapped Key’s pale skin, his eyes were puffy, red and swollen caused by the crying. He ran back home and locked himself in his bedroom. Didn't bother to answer the questions from his sisters.

 

3 days later...~

 

"KEY-AH! STOP LOCKING YOURSELF IN THE ROOM AND GET YOUR OUT HERE! NOW!" Victoria's voice boomed through Key's ears. He lazily sat up from his bed and dragged himself to the door. 5 minutes later, Key finally reached the living room, where his sisters, Victoria and Amber were watching the television. The news was on, so Key just sat between them and threw his head back on the couch. Didn't bother a single thing about what his two sisters were blabbering too much. Suddenly Key snapped his head up as he heard a familiar name went passed his earlobes.

 

'Today news, a walker found a body of a young man, named Lee Jinki, floating on the river side this morning. Believe to drift due to heavy rain last night. The young man is taken to the hospital for further examination..'

 

"JINKI?!" Key shouted out the boy's name. The name that used to be in his heart. His voice was so loud, it even caused his two sisters to scream in surprise. 

 

"Yah, the heck you're screaming for? You nearly gave us a heart-attack!"  Victoria snorted in indignation. Amber who was being a good girl-boy(?), gathered all the spirit back and asked her older brother.

 

"Key, what's wrong? You know him?" Key's eyes started to tear up. He stood up, grabbed the car keys and ran in a flash to drive his car. He stepped up and raced the four wheels hurriedly to the nearby hospital. Key took her phone out from his jeans and dialed a number he knew. Deep inside, he prayed that his loves one was okay. Wait..his LOVED one was okay. Tears streamed down and he didn't budge to wipe it.

 

"Hello?" A girl's voice was heard from the other side of the line. Key gulped and forced his voice to sound as normal as possible. He surely dialed Jinki's phone number....but.. who..?

 

"H-hello..? Can I speak t-to...J-Jinki, please?" he stammered. 

 

"Jinki? Wait, are you.....his..boyfriend? Key? Key, is that you?!" The girl's voice sounded very familiar and it startled the diva, but he hesitantly answered back.

 

"Y-yeah. It's Key. H-his....boyfriend. No, wait! His EX-boyfriend! Who are you? Where is Jinki? What did you do to him? You're the girl he kissed few days ago, aren't you? What do you want, ?! Give the phone to..-"

 

"YAH! How dare you called your own best friend a you...you.. NUT HEAD!" Wait.. LUNA?!!

 

"LUNA?!" he shouted in disbelief.

 

"Yes, it's LUNA alright! Now shut up! I want you to come to the hospital, NOW! And about Jinki....he..he..." Key waited impatiently for the next lined to answer but it didn't come.

 

"He..?? He..?? He what..?! Spit it out!" Key harshly asked. His heart was burning into ashes after he heard the news.

 

"He's..d-dying... Jinki is dying! Hurry up, will ya?!" The diva ignored his best friend who still talking on the other side as he speeded up the car, crashing through red lights and arrived at the hospital 3 minutes later. He ran through every floor and asked some of the nurses about the young man who almost drowned this morning. Key ran to the Intensive Care Unit before his legs stopped moving. All the members were there (SHINee members) and all the eyes were glaring at him. 

 

Key walked slowly to approach the boy who was crying hardly on Minho's chest, hiding his blushing face from everyyone, it was Taemin. As for the other, they just kept silent. No one dares to say a word and let Luna did all the talking. The girl dragged Key away from the other by his arm and the diva boy didn't fight back.

 

"Key...tell me honestly.. WHAT.THE.HELL.DID.YOU.DO.TO.Jinki?" Luna's cold tone sent a shiver through the latter's spine. Key scratched his head, trying to remember all the actions. "Key, is it true..that you threw Jinki’s gift into the river and broke up with him on your ANNIVERSARY just because he accidentally kissed my CHEEKS?!" Key's eyes got wider. Cheeks? Hell no, it was not your cheeks! It's your lips, damn it!

 

"Cheeks? You tried to say that I'm dumb or blind? I saw him kissing you..ON THE LIPS, sister!"Key winced in pain when Luna smacked his head hard enough to snap the rapper into the reality.

 

"Seriously, Key.. WHY THE HELL WOULD HE KISS ME IF HE WAS IN LOVE WITH HIS BOYFRIEND? His oh-so-pretty-than-the-Miss of Korea-boyfriend? He loves you, Key baby. How could you do this to him? I thought you love him,"

 

"What? He kissed you..and NO I don't love him!"Keystill pretended like he didn't care, which in fact he did.

 

"Oh, really? Even if you will never see him again after this?" Lune tried her best to fight back those fake words and she won as Key fell into silent. Lune sighed and patted her best friend's shoulder.

 

"Key..is this yours?" Luna lifted up a silver necklace. It was the necklace that Key threw away. Key shifted a bit, feeling a bit uncomfortable with Luna's deathly glare. "Sorry..WAS it yours, Key?" she repeated the question with different meaning. The boy nodded slowly, trying so hard not to cry.

 

"Key, you probably wondering where I got this thing. Here, I answer it for you...Jinki got it..for you..." Key gave a 'WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT' kind of look at the younger girl. Luna nodded in reply, "Yes, Key.. he got it back for you.. Taemin told me everything. He said, that you threw this necklace then walked away WITHOUT giving him chances to explain. I'm here to apologize to you on behalf of Jinki, I'm sorry.. We are sorry.. Jinki didn't mean to kiss me.. he kissed me as a ‘thank you’ for helping him chose a present for his beautiful boyfriend.” Luna took a deep breath before she continued..

 

"According to Taemin, Jinki didn't get enough sleep for the last few days..not even the last night thunder scared him off. So early this morning, he told Taemin that he wanted to go and search for the necklace back..because he believed that you still love him. I hope it's true, that you still love him. And because of the heavy rain last night, the river flows harshly in the morning. And yes..Jinki being dumb and stupid for you..he went and dived into the cold, hard-flowing river. Well, luckily he got what he wanted but then a huge tree branch was flowing on his direction and hit his head. We got a phone call from someone and told us that he found Jinki unconscious at the river side. Glad he called the ambulance early.. Now, Key..tell me........ What makes you think he doesn't love you? The ‘thank you for everything, cousin’ kiss on my cheeks despite that I'm being his cousin or because he never care about you?" Luna's explanation made Key mute. Tears flowing, lips trembling and heart-aching from what he had stupidly done to Jinki and what Jinki had bravely and stupidly done for him. 

 

Luna smiled a bit and handed the silver necklace back to Key. With trembling hand, he hesitantly took it and fell on his knees, crying and calling Jinki's name over and over again. The other SHINee members, who also startled by his action, quickly approached the boy. Key was struggling hard to see his 'still' boyfriend but the other prevented him to do so, they have to wait for the doctor’s permission first. 

 

"LET ME GO YOU DICKHEADS! JINKI! JINKI, DON'T LEAVE ME, PLEASE! JINKI, WAKE UP! LET GO!" Key hysterically cried out. Tears are now streaming down from everyone’s eyes who heard those killing words but they froze as the doctor and some nurses finally walked out of the room. 

 

"You guys Mr. Lee’s family?" the doctor asked.

 

"We're his friends. How's Jinki, doc? Is he okay?" the lead singer, Jonghyun approached the doctor first, followed up by the others. Key stood up weakly and ran into the room where Jinki was placed, without waiting for what the doctor wanted to say.

 

He rushed in only to find a helpless boy laying on the bed. His face was pale, and his lips turned blue. Both of the eyes were shut. Key slowly walked towards the bed and reached for Jinki's cold, pale hand. He grabbed it and placed it on his soaking with tears cheek. 

 

"Jinki, it's me.... You can feel me, don't you? I know you can.." the beads of crystals formed on his cheeks landed on the latter's hand but Jinki didn't seem to notice since he can't even lifted his eyes open. Key cried harder, shaking and pleading for his lover to wake up. 

 

"Key, let him rest. He won't wake up even if you try..." Key turned his head. Luna was leaning against the door frame. Eyes shimered with tears. Key wiped his tears away and tried to talk.

 

"W-what..do you..m-mean?"

 

"They can't save Jinki......." the sentence was like a death sentence for Key. He shook his head, and kept on repeating 'no' like a mantra. No, he won't accept it. No, Jinki is still alive. Jinki will never leave him.. No. No. No.

 

"NO, JINKI! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS! YOU JUST CAN'T! NO, PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE STILL HERE! TELL ME HOW MUCH YOU LOVE ME, JINKI..PLEASE! TELL ME HOW SPECIAL I AM TO YOU! TELL THEM YOU'RE STILL ALIVE. I'M BEGGING YOU, JINKI! SAY SOMETHING! SAY THAT YOU STILL LOVE ME, JINKI-AH..PLEASE....~" Key was sobbing so hard, begging for his lover to come back and stay. The pretty diva felt like he was drowning, together with Jinki. Drowned in the sea of guiltiness. He won't hear his voice again.. No more 'Dubu' of his heart. Key bent down and planted a kiss on Jinki's frozen lips. He will miss how those lips used to smile for him, how those lips used to kiss him back..and how those frozen lips used to say how much their love worth it. 

 

If only he could reverse everything..the day where he threw his life away deep into the river..he would at least give Jinki a hug for one last time. If only he was listening to Jinki's explanation..his one and only man would have still be alive and will be wiping away his tears right now. Pulling him in his embrace, soothing him and tell him how much he loves him. No more... Jinki's no more in his life.. he was in a better place, with a better angel for him. Key pulled away from Jinki and brushed away his own tears. He gave Key his last kiss before he turned around and stared at Luna. His best friend didn't seem to care about anything that happened. Not even trying to comfort him. Key forced a smirk on his beautiful, diva face.

 

"Maybe you're right, Luna.. Jinki deserves a better and I mean much better lover than me. He deserves a better girl. A perfect and loving girl instead of a crazy, heartless and stupid boyfriend like me. Jinki should be happy with someone who deserves him. He should be in love with a real girl.. and I bet, he would still be alive...if we never met. I'm sorry for not taking care of Jinki and blamed him something that he didn't mean to. I'm sorry for Jinki who suffered his life in agony and he had to stay with me, a boy who never appreciate all his works. A boy who never noticed how deep his love was.. A boy who doesn't deserve to have Jinki as his boyfriend. Jinki...I love you and will always do. I'm really sorry that you never have a wonderful couple time while you're with me..and now that you're gone.................... I'll never forgive myself...... I love you, my Dubu.. G-good bye...." he choked at the last sentence and before he could make his first step to leave his lifeless lover..a frozen hand grabbed his wrist.

 

"YAAHHH!!!!! GHOST!!!!!" Key screamed on the top of his lungs while trying to pull his hand back but the grip tighten. The diva stopped moving as he heard laughter from the entrance. He turned to look over his shoulder and saw the SHINee members and Luna were laughing their eyes out. Key was confused then he glanced down to see the hand that held his wrist firmly before he hesitantly traveled up his eyes to see Jinki's face.

 

"It's rude to call your own lover a ghost, you know?" Jinki slowly lifted his eyelids and smiled weakly. "Miss me, boo?"

 

"Y-You....?? You're..you're a-alive?! LUNA!!!! You are so going to be a dead meat after I get my hands on you!" Key shouted and tried to attack his best friend who still laughing hysterically, but Jinki thwarted him from doing so. Key stared deep within Jinki's dark orbs, waiting for him to say something. Though he was still in his disbelief world after what he'd saw.

 

"At least give me another kiss as a thank you for getting back the necklace," Jinki winced as Key punched lightly on his shoulder. Warm liquid pushing out his eye sockets. He couldn't believe they lied to him.

 

"This is too much! You lied to me! What kind of boyfriend who scared his boyfriend to death?" Key pouted and looked away. The sick boy gulped and kissed his lover's hand, apologizing for scaring him. 

 

"I'm sorry, baby. I don't mean to make you worried. Luna planned all of these, she wanted to know if you really love me. You love me, don't you boo?" Jinki rested another kiss on his hand. Key, who was still pouting, shook his head in reply. Jinki chuckled and released his grip. "It's okay, I know I don't deserve your love, boo, but let me tell you something.. No matter what happened and how davish you get...I'll always love you, because..." he kissed the pretty hand again..."..because I know deep inside..it's still you. The boy who won my heart and brighten my day.." Key gave Jinki a sudden hug and whispered..

 

"Don't do this to me, again, please.. You know that I will die with you... You're scaring me, it felt like I've stopped breathing. I'm sorry for not being a good boyfriend.. I just don't want you to go..." Key buried his face on Jinki's chest. Crying his eyes out. Jinki streamed his lover's back and kissed his forehead.

 

"You don't have to be sorry.. I know you still love me no matter what you do..and Key..." the boy looked up to meet with Jinki's bunny eyes as he called his name. "If someone loved you..he will never give you hopes...instead, he will show it to you how much he loves you...although he had to sacrifice. He will show you how deep his love is..." Key smiled and snuggled into Jinki's smooth silky hair. He knew how lucky he was - is - to have a lover like Jinki. Who never give him hopes..but shows him how valuable he is to his boyfriend. And let their love story to walk at its own journey...

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: SORROTASY HERE :DD It's my second fic of angst ;) Please enjoy and please don't kill me for this boring story. Just a try :) LAVE YOU! Sorry for grammar mistakes=.='