Chapter 2

I Can't Even Die Because You Might Come Back

Seohyun gracefully walks down the aisle in a beautiful gown. Soon she takes her place by Luhan at the altar.

The minister begins the ceremony, breezing through the opening. When he gets to the part where he asks for any objectors to speak now or forever hold their peace, Luhan is wondering whether he should get up or not. But then his mother looks at him and holds his hand. She speaks through his eyes asking Luhan to give up on Seohyun for Kai.

The minister: I will take this silence as no objection.

The minister then proceeds with the ceremony. He walks in front of the couple and looks at them.

The minister: Kai, do you swear to take Seohyun as your wife and love her until the day you die?

Kai: I do.

The minister: Seohyun, do you swear to take Kai as your husband and love him until the day you die?

Seohyun: I.. I do

Luhan stares at Seohyun in teary eyes. He swallows his saliva and his mother senses his depression.

The minister: I announce you as husband and wife

Kai and Seohyun are now officially a spouse. After the wedding ceremony ends, they rides a car for their honeymoon.


On their first wedding night, Seohyun sits on the bed nervously. Kai who has just finish showering, comes out from the bathroom with only a piece of towel. Seohyun looks embarrassed and turns her head away.

Kai: I really hate girls who always pretend to be innocent around guys. It is so fake and annoying.

Seohyun: I just want to ask you one thing.

Kai: What is it?

Seohyun: What do you actually want from me?

Kai: What do you mean?

Seohyun: I need to know what you want from a wife so that I can treat you better.

Kai: Our family is not here, so you don’t have to pretend to be my wife. Let just not interfere with each other life.

Seohyun: What do you mean by pretending?

Kai: From now on we will live like strangers when we are alone but in front of our family, I will treat you like a good husband.

Seohyun: I can’t believe that you are this type of person. How can you be so different from your brother?

Kai: As far as I know, I don’t have any brother. By the way, you can sleep on the bed alone. I will just sleep on the sofa.


A few hours later, Kai has finally dozed to sleep. Seohyun still could not believe what just happens to her. She cries quietly in the bathroom. Afraid of waking Kai up, she covers with towel. When she finally calms down, she goes to the living room to check on Kai. She realizes that Kai looks really cold and uncomfortable. She takes her blanket and covers Kai’s body. Kai gets awaken and warns her not to touch him. Seohyun is flustered and leaves the house in hurry. She wanders around the garden and calls her best friend, Luhan.

Seohyun: Luhan.. (Seohyun calls him in a fondly way)

Luhan: Ahh, Seohyun-na, why are you calling this late?

Seohyun: I’m sorry if I wake you up.

Luhan: Is there anything wrong? Did Kai make you uncomfortable?

Seohyun: It’s nothing like that. I just miss family.

Luhan: I’m sorry for making you separate from your family.

Seohyun: Luhan, please send my regards to them. Tell them that I really love them. (Seohyun tries hard to hold her tears)

At that time, Luhan could sense Seohyun's sadness. After she hangs up, Luhan feels hard to sleep. How could he sleep soundly when the girl he loves is suffering right now.


The following week, Seohyun and Kai pays a visit to their family. Kai express his desire to continue study in US.

Mother: Do you have to go? Then, what about Seohyun?

Kai: I’ll just bring her with me.

Luhan: Seohyun is still a second year student in her university. She has to finish her study first.

Kai: She can enroll in the same university with me.

Soon, both Seohyun and Kai say farewell to their family and head to the airport.


At the airport

Kai: From here, you can lead your own life. I don’t care if you continue to stay in Korea or study abroad, just don’t interfere with my life.

Seohyun: How should I explain to my family when they know about this?

Kai: They don’t need to know. You are major in acting right? I’m sure you can handle this well.

Kai walks to the airport gate, leaving Seohyun behind.