Chapter 9

DISCONTINUED: You can't hide who you truly are

Ji-eun ad Eunji walked into Music class miserably. They didn't say anything to each other as they sat down. The teacher was an angel who was already there, tuning one of the instruments in the room.   

Ji-eun glanced around the room and spotted different types of guitars stood up against a stand at the back of the room. Her eyes sparkled with excitement her gloomy mood almost forgotten when her eyes landed on one of her classmates, Sorin

Ji-eun felt her mood drop even lower, why does she have to be in this class?

The door slammed open and in walked Exo-K, they walked past the teacher without greeting her. She tsked but didn't say anything, Exo-K sat at the back of the room, by now Ji-eun was used to the force pushing her so she ignored it. She saw Sorin moving from her place to where Exo-K was and plonked herself down next to Chanyeol who edged away from her.

"Good afternoon class, for those who don't know me, I am Ms. Song and today we are all going to do a demonstration of our musical talents. Don't' worry it is not for marks but, I just want to get an idea of what level your music skills are at."

Everyone in the class had amazing music skills, Ji-eun even found out that Suho, Baekhyun and D.O had great vocals, Sehun and Kai could rap really well and Chanyeol can do both as well as play guitar. But then what Ji-eun dreaded had come.

"Ah, let's hear our new student, Lee Ji-eun?"

"Y-yes?"

"You are an angel so your talent must be singing then yes?" Would you please come up and demonstrate?"

Ji-eun looked over at Sorin who looked surprised to see her but then gave her a look that dared her to obey the teacher.

"Erm, I'm sorry Ms. Song, but I have... Singphilnisis, I-I can't sing." Ji-eun lied glad that Angel's couldn't read each other.

"Singphilnisis? You can't sing? That's impossible, I've never heard of that illness before and all angel can sing." she said unconvinced. "It's a really rare disease that only angels can get and I'm one of the unlucky ones."

Ms. Song looked horrified "I'm sure you can still sing, you're just shy, I don't believe that you have Singphilnisis, now come on, just a little demo." she said encouragingly.

Ji-eun was stuck, she didn't know what to do, and she was torn between having to pretend to sing terribly or risk Eunji getting hurt. She closed her eyes and stood up. "Alright" her voice shook. Eunji clasped her hand, "you don't have to do this" she said her eyes full of guilt and worry. Ji-eun glanced at Sorin again who gave her a devilish smile. "Yes I do" she whispered and tugged her hand out of Eunji's grasp.

The class was now talking loudly with Exo-K watching Ji-eun with interest. She could hear bits and pieces of what the class were saying.

"I heard she was from the low class, huh weakling."

"I bet it's true she has Singphilnisis or she really can't sing because she isn't much of an angel anyway" they laughed.

"She's an angel?" said D.O, "What kind of angel doesn't have wings?" Kai said. Exo-K murmured in agreement, they had all been wandering that especially Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Sorin heard them and smirked.

Ji-eun tried to ignore the laughing voices, her heart felt like it had been stabbed over and over again.       

She glanced at Eunji who stared back at her with pleading watery eyes, for Eunji.

She opened to sing, she purposely made herself sound off key, her voice cracking as she tried to hold back tears which added to the effect.

"Alright stop," Ms. Song said shaking her head sadly, Ji-eun's eyes met her teacher's. Ms. Song put a hand to upon seeing the tears. "Oh dear, I am terribly sorry I had put you through that, I really thought you could sing." she whispered to Ji-eun full of shame. Seeing how sincere she was Ji-eun gave her teacher a smile which was what she hoped was reassuring, not heartbreaking. She went back to her place next to Eunji who stared at her sadly. Exo-K watched her feeling a little bit sorry for her and they were surprised they even felt any sympathy towards anyone.

Ms. Song cleared , "Ok, do you have any other musical talent then?" he asked Ji-eun.

She told her that she could play the guitar. Chanyeol raised his eyebrows, everyone started talking at once. "She can play guitar? Haha let's see how well that goes." Ji-eun realised that they didn't believe her causing her to feel very insecure. "Alright, you've already demonstrated so you don't need to again." Ms. Song said looking at Ji-eun wearily.

"Last one today is Eunji"

Eunji started to shake, Ji-eun took her hand and squeezed it to reassure her. "I have um Singphilnisis as well." This definitely shocked the teacher and everyone else in the class. Ms. Song frowned "thy why did you join music class this year then?" You haven't before." Eunji cast her eyes downwards. "I just took up piano again." she said.

"Can you show the class?" Eunji played a beautiful melody on the piano that made Ji-eun's heart lift.

"That was lovely Eunji" said Ms. Song. The bell rang, "ok class dismissed and Ji-eun can I see you for a moment?" Ji-eun stiffened, she really didn't want to talk to anyone right now. She told Eunji to go first without her as Exo-K walked towards the door.  "Are you alright Ji-eun? I am really sorry I embarrassed you like that!"

"It's fine Ms. Song" Ji-eun had already forgiven the teacher but she was still down. Ms. Song didn't know the real reason behind her tears.

Ms. Song patted her shoulder "I believe you can play guitar Ji-eun" she smiled. Ji-eun wasn't expecting that but her mood seemed to lift up a bit. "Thank you" she gave her teacher a small smile and turned around, her eyes meeting Sehun's.

Sehun held her gaze for a moment before turning to go out the door. That was strange, Ji-eun thought as she went out. 

 

A/N last chappie for today, there is going to be more interaction with Ji-eun and a few exo members in the next few chapters so look forward to them! :DD 

please consider this question!