Surprise Surprise

Surprise Surprise

" CUT! That's a wrap!"

I got up from my seat and smiled at the well-known celebrity standing next to me. Both of us doing a quick bow and shaking  hands.

" Unnie thank you for inviting me." She smiled, her pearly whites glistening under the large studio lights hung above us.

" Oh no thank you IU-ssi. It was a pleasure getting to talk to you." I smiled as well, adoring her chubby little cheeks and pale white skin as she bowed once more before walking off set and towards her manager. She bowed to each and everyone of the staff before taking her leave. She really is a sweet child, she never fails to impress me and her performances always catch my eye.

When I had been called late at night by my manager, you couldn't say I was exactly thrilled. It was 3:00 in the morning and I was exhausted and had just gotten home from the show. " What is it this time?" Annoyance extremely audible in my voice.

" I was just letting you know about a last minute guest your interviewing tomorrow." The same amount of annoyance showing in his voice as well.

" Who is it this time?" I grumbled and turned over to my side, looking at the clock on my bedside table, It was now 3:15, I was totally wasting time for more beauty sleep.

" IU." His voice now timid and small, yeah he knew how much I loved to hunt down upcoming stars.

It's just because I want to see what the stars of today are actually like, I want to know if their personality really is like it is on-screen or if it isn't, if they have actual talent in singing/dancing/etc., and if they've got the determination and heart to keep on going because I know there are going to be rough times along the way to success. " Oh really? Ok, thanks oppa." I answered, a small smirk appearing on my face, it was time to get to the bottom of this....."IU".

To be honest, I did not know any of her obviously popular songs. The next morning I had decided I was going to do some research on her. I listened to many of her songs. "Marshmallow", "Boo", "Good Day", " The story only I didn't know", practically all of them. I admit she did have talent in what she was doing, her singing abilities were by far the most surprising, as for her dancing I wouldn't say it was the most amazing dancing in the world but since she was working with a more cuter image, the dance moves suited her well. I heard of her acting in a drama called "Dream High", Immediately I watched as many episodes as I could before Manager oppa would pick me up. I must admit her acting took me by surprise, she still had that cuteness in her acting, it sort of made me wonder what she would be like with a more womanly like image, but either way she managed to express her emotions well and as said before she wasn't exactly the best actor, but she wasn't the worst and after a moment of analyzing a couple more music videos and variety shows I finally felt that this kid could go far in her career.

I walked off stage and made my way to the snack table, picking up a grape and popping it in my mouth, letting the sweet yet terribly sour taste consume my mouth.

" Great show." I turned around, surprised by the sudden voice popping out of nowhere and looked to see who it was, oh boy...it was him.

Ever since he had been hired to be another additional cameraman he had been watching my every move, this boy, Cho Kyuhyun. An intern, pretty impressive I must admit, first time on the job and he was working things like a pro. He had chocolate brown messy hair, sort of making it seem like he just got out of bed. His skin was pale white and glistened in the sun and his jaw line was attractive and curved at an amazing angle. His chocolate brown, mesmerizing eyes met mine and his lips curved into a small smile.

I smiled back, doing my best to ignore the peculiarly sudden risen temperature of my cheeks. " Oh thanks, you were doing pretty good yourself.".

His eyes widened in size, making them seem round, a bit puppy dog like. " You were watching me?" Excitement overtaking his voice.

I slightly giggled at how adorable he was. The mere excitement he had of hearing I payed any attention to him nearly bringing him to tears. Was he a fan perhaps? " Yeah I was. I always keep an eye on the interns.".

He smiled and I grinned as well and with that I left him with a wink and a slight wave as I headed for the door. It was now 2:00 a.m. in the morning, beautiful isn't it? Being a talk show host also means staying up late. I've probably stayed up later than any other idol out there. I remember once when my schedule was so packed I went from place to place getting absolutely no sleep for a week, before I was going to lose it my manager offered to give me a one month break, I'm glad he did or I know I would've completely lost it.

" Good Job HaeRa. That was a great show." Manager oppa greeted me with a smile as I got inside the van.

I rolled my eyes, amused at the sudden attention. " You actually watched this time?".

He sighed and started the engine. " Well no, actually a lot of people were just talking about it on the way to pick you up and I overheard all the praising you got.".

I scoffed, I should've known he wasn't going to actually watch, but he wasn't going to stop trying to convince me now. " Oh come on HaeRa-ah, you know how busy oppa works to get you more attention. I just don't have time to, you know I'm sorry. I just....I just don't want to put your hard work and dedication to waste, I know what you've been through.".

And with that I went quiet. DaeJung oppa, or my manager in any case (DaeJung's his real name) knew everything that has happened to me throughout the years. He knows that I was abandoned at birth, he knows that I wasn't adopted until I was 17 because most parents didn't want me, he knows how much I wanted to debut as a singer, he knew how much my adopted parents were against it, he knew how they kicked me out of the house when they found out I had auditioned at an entertainment company, and he knew how I ended up being rejected three months before my debut, he knew all of it. So yeah, maybe I didn't make it as a singer, but at least I get to interview them, at least I get to listen to them talk about what I could've been. That's why I'm so tough on new and upcoming singers, it's because I don't want them to be able to have such a career if they don't have a future, I don't want them to be crushed in the future when something goes wrong.

After a short 15 minute drive, DaeJung drooped me off in front of my apartment complex and sped off to do who knows what who knows where. I sighed as I stepped inside my apartment, turning on the lights. " Welcome home HaeRa." I whispered to myself with sarcasm.

I must admit that living in a two bedroom apartment all by myself gets pretty lonely, well not all by myself. I have a roomate, Tiffany, but she lives in Italy and comes to visit Korea every Summer and see her grandparents. She's sweet and fun to be around, but most of the time she's terribly shy, especially around guys.

I dressed into some warm, comfortable pajamas and plopped onto my bed, closing my eyes and doing my best to get some sleep, eventually achieving exactly that.


~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.

" I hope it isn't much of a bother but....Would you like to maybe grab a coffee with me?" His voice light and timid, a slight blush visible on his face.

I smiled at how adorably shy yet outgoing he could be all at the same time, I admit this kid had guts. " I would love to.".

And with that his face brightened and a large smile went with it almost instantly. " Great!".

I followed him out the studio and together we walked to a nearby Starbucks we were both familiar with and went to frequently. " So, Kyuhyun-ssi, that's your name right?".

He smiled and looked down shyly. " Yeah. That's my name, Cho Kyuhyun.".

I giggled and pinched his cheeks. " Aigoo~ Your so cute!".

I flinched as I saw him unexpectedly smirk at me, well that was new, a bit different from his shy side, but he continued with this expression. " Shouldn't I be calling you that since I'm older?".

I scrunched up my nose in confusion. " Wait...your older?".

He nodded pretty amused at how lost I was. " Yes I am. Your 21 right? I'm 23, therefore I am 2 years older. You know your pretty young to be a talkshow host.".

I was completely shocked with how swift and arrogant he was talking, like he was king of the world or something. " Um excuse me?".

All of a sudden his personality changed 360 and his cocky attitude was now transformed back into his innocent act. " HaeRa dongsaeng kaja!(let's go!)" Was he bipolar or something?

I confusingly walked behind followed behind him and took my seat at a booth near the back while Kyuhyun went to get our orders. His attitude a minute ago surprised me. He had acted completely different from what he was usually like. Instead of sweet and innocent he was cocky and arrogant.....and that smirk, something about it didn't seem so inviting. I felt as though I had to get to the bottom of it, this was just too weird.

He came back with two hot coffee's a croissant and a chocolate donut, yeah I ordered the donut I don't have to be one hundred percent healthy ok? He sat in front of me and set everything onto table, looking at me with a sweet smile as if he hadn't just questioned my age and occupation a moment ago. 

This was just plain creepy and suspicious and I wasn't going to hold it in any longer. " Ok cut the cute act. Why did you really invite me here?".

His smile faded and he scoffed, the same evil smirk I had seen not too long ago appearing on his face again. " Huh, they don't call you Hardcore HaeRa for nothing.".

I raised an eyebrow in anticipation. " Well?".

He sighed and fidgeted with his coffee cup nervously, making me almost believe he was the same nervous and shy boy had seen earlier. " Ok here's the truth," He looked me in the eyes, " My girlfriend is a huge fan of yours and wants your autograph, but she's too shy to ask you in person so she asked me.".

I nodded. " Huh, should've known." I thought about it for a moment and everything had now been completely clear and registered in my brain, " So the only reason you have been nice to me these past few weeks is because you've been trying to sweeten me up for the big question.".

He nodded triumphantly, feeling amazingly proud of himself, psh bastard. " Precisely. So here's the big question. May I have your autograph?".

I tapped my fingers on the table in thought, I wondered if he actually deserved one and after taking another sip of coffee my mind was set. " No.".

His eyebrows furrowed and his voice became dangerously low. " E-excuse me? Did you just say no?".

Instead I didn't answer him, I simply got up, grabbing my purse from beside me and leaving a finished coffee and half of donut on the table (see I'm a healthy girl), walking out the shop......infuriated.

I can't believe he had the nerve of making me think he was actually nice and sweet and sensitive all to get me to give him an autograph for his lame girlfriend who is way too much of a loner to have the guts to come up to me and simply ask me for one herself not too mention how stupid I was for falling for every single one of his little "cute" acts,  and you know what the one thing I can't understand from all of this is?It's why I'm feeling so disappointed that he has a girlfriend. I can't be infatuated with him already can I? I've just met him and found out he was a jerk! Ugh what has this boy done to me?

" Hey wait I'm not done talking to you!" Oh speak of the devil, his voice could be heard from behind me, he obviously wasn't as happy as I was (that was totally sarcasm).

I turned around abruptly, catching him by surprise. " I already said I'm not giving it to you so leave me alone!".

I turned around and continued my long strides away from him, hoping he would comply with my request. I was feeling quite proud of myself I must say, but stopped when I heard him something indespicable from behind me. " Yah! Where do you think your going with that huge of yours!".

I grinded my teeth, trying my best not to turn around and flip him off, or worse punch him in the face and have it headlined all over every blogsite in the country and began to longer and longer strides away from him, if that was even possible.

Hello Hello
Naega jom sodooljin mollado
Who knows eojjeom urin
 Jal dwaeljido molla~

Urgh stupid Hello ringtone, nearly gave me a heartattack. Though I can't help it SHINee's my favourite boyband considering he's in it. Yeah him, Kim Jonghyun. So your probably wondering why the sudden mention of him, well it all started in high school. Jonghyun and I had been in the same class, I guess you could say I was the outcast and he was the kingka of the school and well you know...like most fanfiction stories we just....FOUND each other. Love at first at sight I suppose. So yeah we've been dating for the past 7-8 years now? Sure it's been bumpy but somehow at the very end we realize we could never be without each other. I know it's hard to believe I'd be DATING an idol when it kinda sounds like I'm not fond of them, but I am, well him anyways. ( A certain reader should be thinking of the hint now ;) )

I answered my phone, still pissed at a certain someone for commenting on my SMALL thank you very much. " Yeobosaeyo?".

" HaeRa?" AHA, just the person I was thinking, what a perfect way to make my day better.

" JJONGIEEE!" I nearly squealed at the top of my lungs, hey you can't help it when you've dated for so long like I have.

He coughed uneasily and laughed in an awkward manner catching me off guard, usually he would answer with the same enthusiastic greeting but this it was just plain...awkward. " Uh hey, Listen I was wondering if it was ok if I could cancel our date tomorrow night? Something came up.".

Ok so that just ruined my...officially. " Again? What the hell Jonghyun! How busy can you seriously be?? This is the 3rd time you've cancelled!".

" Aw don't be mad Hae! Maybe some other time, I promise ok?" His voice sounded so convincing yet so typical all at the same time, was that even possible?

I sighed and tried my best to put on the most convincing happy voice I could. " Ok, I have some other thigns I can finally do anyways! Bye~" And I quickly hung up before he could say another word, continuing to walk down the sidewalk, confidence not very evident in my strides anymore.

This is the worst day ever.


~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.

After a tiring day of work I plopped onto the sofa at home and switched to various channels, not finding anything to my liking. I stopped at one channel though and stared at the screen in curiosity, scoffing. We Got Married was on and was currently airing a re-run episode of the Goguma Couple also known as the YongSeo Couple. Jung Yonghwa and Seohyun. Seohyun, everyone thought she was the innocent and absolutely adorable maknae. The one who's way too mature for her age yet afraid of men? Well that's weird since I've seen her at a rowdy bar downtown countless times before. You think you know them, but boy are you wrong. Let's not forget Taecyeon of 2pm, everyone thinks he's the hot, y beast of all idol history, but what they don't know is he collects Keroro plushies for fun and STILL wets the bed, unbelievable. Now I respect Keroro and didn't really care much about that, but wetting the bed? If I were him I'd be pretty embarrassed too.

It sort of felt weird not having Jonghyun over for the weekends since we'd usually have dates every Saturday, that was usually the day our Schedules were cleared. He seemed to be so busy these days. I mean he finished his promotions...so what more could he do? Then again he is an idol, it's surprising he had actually had time for ME.

I decided I was going to take a walk outside. Sure they say women shouldn't be walking outside alone at night, but I'm prepared, I've got a whole pack of pepper spray in my pocket :).

I grabbed a warm coat and slid it on, opening my door and walking out into the open, taking in a deep breath of fresh air. I've never felt so free before, maybe it's a good thing Jonghyun didn't come over. For once I finally get time for myself.

I entered a small park, it was deserted at the moment, but that's just the way I like it. I don't need tons of people surrounding me with cameras and pens asking me to sign random things, trust me it's happened before. I continued to walk along the empty trails of the area without a care in the world and looked up at the stars. I stopped as I suddenly heard small footsteps approaching behind me. I turned around but it was too dark for me to see who it was. Maybe a lost ahjusshi who's finding his way back home...or A CAT! Yeah something like that. I continued my midnight stroll and once again the footsteps echoed behind me. Ok now this was just plain creeping me out. I walked faster and soon broke out into a fast run, my heart beating a million times a minute when a hand grabbed onto my wrist and yanked me under a small street lamp.

As light engulfed my vision I stared at the suitor in front of me and my eyes nearly popped out of my sockets. " YOU! Are you stalking me? How the hell did you find me?".

Kyuhyun scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest. " You wish! I was coincidentally walking through the same trail and I saw you ok? Why did I freak you out?" He snickered amused at how pale my face was.

" Yeah you did! I thought you were a ! I was just about to pull out the pepper spray!" With that he stepped back 3 inches, a bit thrown off with the mention of pepper spray causing me to smirk.

I sighed and let my shoulders droop. " This is the worst weekend ever.".

Kyuhyun nodded, the same pained expression as mine on his face. " Same here, my girlfriend cancelled our date.".

I frowned, why did that sound so familiar. " Yeaaah. My boyfriend cancelled our date too. Huh weird.".

He knit his eyebrows together realizing how similar our lives really were. It was almost as if fate had decreed we were to meet here, but that's just a bunch of baloney right?...RIGHT?!

" Hey buttmunch." I looked up at Kyuhyun as he smiled, my cheeks burned and my heart beat quickly. His smile seemed so sincere and not like all his other fake smiles he had given me in the past.

I frowned at the nickname, I'm not a buttmunch. " What flubber nugget?" Haha take that!

He smiled once again, ugh god would you please make him stop doing that. " It's cold out here. There's a cafe near by. Wanna go grab a coffee?".

My eyes widened, was he asking me on a date or something? " U-uh yeah sure." I did not just stutter, how embarrassing.

I followed him as we walked away from the trail and away from the light, causing it to become dark again. I instinctively grabbed onto Kyuhyun's but gasped once I realized what I was doing and quickly let go. " I-i'm sorry. It's just really dark so...sorry.".

I don't know if he was smirking or smiling, maybe snickering but next thing I knew, he had intertwined his fingers with mine bringing the unknown heat to my cheeks once again. He shouldn't be doing this. What if his girlfriend pops up around a corner and sees us? Then again she could be somewhere else working on who knows what after cancelling her date with Kyuhyun maybe she had a reason she cancelled their date, maybe she's cheating on him....Haha I'm so silly.

In a matter of minutes we both arrived at the cafe, finally being able to see again. I looked down at our hands and looked up at Kyuhyun who realized as well, blushing and quickly letting go.

I looked through the window and saw how empty it was. I mean no one was in there except a couple at the very back of the cafe who were happily talking over some tea and cupcakes. As I looked closer I realized something. The boy looked extremely familiar and it was not too soon before I realized who it was.

" Jonghyun." I whispered with watery eyes, what was he doing with some other girl?

Kyuhyun frowned, wondering why I hadn't stepped in yet and looked to where I was watching with curious eyes. His eyes widening too. " I-IU.".

He ran inside the cafe without a moments notice catching me b surprise. What was he all winded up about I'm the who's supposed to be in pain and running inside that cafe, but for some reason my legs wouldn't move.

I watched as he ran towards their table and the girl and guy turned around, the girl's eyes widening in surprise. As she turned around I realized why he had muttered that name. Sitting next to Jonghyun was none other than IU the sweet innocent little girl who I had interviewed who just so happened to be sitting next to my boyfriend...holding his hand as she talked. I can't believe it.

At this moment I finally found the strength to move my legs and ran inside, immediately hearing yelling as I did and it was all coming from Kyuhyun.

" What the hell are you doing here?! I trusted you! I stayed here for you and now I see you in some cafe' with some random guy flirting?! Your despicable!" He continued to yell countless insults at her, his heart breaking into many pieces, though I wouldn't blame him, mine was as well.

I slowly and carefully walked up to Jonghyun, his eyes widening as well. " H-haeRa...".

I said nothing instead I slapped him with all the anger I had built up inside me and walked out. He grabbed my wrist, " Wait HaeRa I'm sorry I didn't want you to find out this way. I really love IU and if you would just listen to me-".

" You really expect me to believe anything you say? You...are breaking my heart. I-i don't want to see you..EVER AGAIN!" I yelled at him as I felt a pair of arms hold me back.

IU gave me a small glare, she may have been a bit nervous since I'm her Sunbae. " Stay away from my boyfriend or you'll pay.".

I clenched my fists, prepared to lunge at her. " Your not as sweet as I thought." But before I could pounce those same pairs of arms jerked me backwards.

" Come on HaeRa, it's not even worth it." Kyuhyun took hold of my hand, catching me surprise, even with all the anger boiled up inside of me.

" HaeRa wait at least let me explain!" I could hear Jonghyun yell out from behind me, but I ignored him and let Kyuhyun lead me along.

Kyuhyun pulled me out the door and led me away from the cursed place. All I could do was follow him, my feet could barely move. It almost seemed like he was dragging me along with him. Without warning I stopped, causing him to slightly stumble backwards.

He looked at me worriedly, something he would've never done before. " Wae?(Why?)" He asked.

I didn't answer him, I simply looked up at him and burst into tears. I couldn't control my feelings any longer. He sighed and and nodded beckoning me into his arms. I did exactly that and clung onto the material of his shirt, not caring if I was soaking up his clothes. He didn't seem to mind either. He smoothed his fingers through my hair and lightly sang a song, calming me down, but the tears continued to flow down my cheeks.

Even if I was in pain, at least Kyuhyun is able to warm it with his kindness.


~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.`~.

" Be strong Jamie! Landon's nothing to you!" I yelled at the screen as I held a box of tissues in my hand and continuosly popped a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth. I looked hopeless sitting there. I've skipped out on work for a month so far. My legs refuse to move at all unless forced to and all I've been doing for these past days is sit on my couch and watch romance movies, but sometimes Kyuhyun comes over and tries to cheer me up as well as Tiffany who just got back from Italy. You could say me and Kyuhyun have gotten a lot closer though.

If you hadn't already noticed I was currently watching " A Walk To Remember" a beautiful movie of love, hate , trust, etc. It was bringing me to tears. Though lately everything's been bringing me to tears. Usually I wouldn't be so sensitive, but look what that jackass Jonghyun has made me become. He doesn't even care! Last I heard he and IU were in Jeju holding hands while walking along a beach. He must....really love her. He never did that for me..not even once.

Tiffany held my hand looked at me with a sympathetic look. " HaeRa, maybe you should stop watching these kinds of movies, they just keep making you cry.".

I gave her a look as I blew my nose into a tissue. " You don't know what I've been through! I can watch as many movies as I want!".

She sighed. " Well you could tell me about it. You know I'm always here for you.".

I shook my head and leaned onto her shoulder. " I'd rather not talk about it.".

Suddenly the doorbell rang, causing me to jump up. I don't know why but I have it expected it to be Jong...well you know who, but when I opened the door I was even more surprised. " Kyuhyun? What are you doing here?".

He looked around and smiled. " May I come in?".

I nodded and opened the door wider, giving him some space to walk in. I looked at Tiffany and she immediately nodded, grabbing her phone before walking out the room and into her own.

I ushered him towards the couch and he took a seat, I sat next to him. " So what brings you here?".

He handed me a script. " Your script for tomorrow. They want you back on the job quickly. Since I'll be leaving soon I decided I'd drop by again and give to you myself.".

I looked at him in shock. " Y-your going back to the states already?".

He nodded and looked down. " There's nothing left for me here." He paused and looked at me causing me to blush. " Besides you. I just need to clear my mind for a bit, besides, Appa has been pushing me to study there anyways.".

I didn't say anything and the room was slowly engulfed with silence. I turned to him and wrapped my arms around his waist, taking him by surprise. " You won't forget me right?".

I felt him lean his chin onto my head and smile. " Trust me that's definitely not going to happen.".

I felt my heart beat a bit faster. I can't help but admit ever since I've gotten to know him more, I have gotten to maybe have a small crush on him...smallish, yeah let's put it that way. " I'll miss you.".

" Na do (Me too)." He caressed my back before pulling away from our hug and standing up, " I guess I better go, my flight leaves in 2 hours and I haven't even finished packing.".

I walked him to the door and he opened giving me one last look before walking out. A wave of sadness overflowed my heart and I couldn't control my body. I ran out the door and after him. " Kyuhyun!" I yelled as I ran up to him and he turned around.

I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and hesitated before saying, " Wait for me?".

He smirked as I said these words and I closed my eyes ready for a snarky remark, but instead a felt a pair of soft lips caress mine.

As I pulled away and opened my eyes he smiled and pulled me into a hug. " I promise." And with that he walked away, leaving me to watch his silhouette get farther and farther away from me.

I walked back into my apartment and plopped onto my sofa, slightly tracing my lips.

A sudden slam of a door made me slightly jolt and I turned around to find Tiffany running for the door. " Hey where are you going?".

She stopped and turned around. " I'm gonna go see my boyfriend Jonghyun at the park. He cancelled our date but my friend said he's there. I'm gonna surprise him.".

My eyes widened at the mention of his name. " Your his girlfriend?!".

She nodded and I scoffed giving her a slight wave. " Have fun sweetie.".

She slammed the door behind her and my eyes ran across the box of tissues on the coffee table.

I better go get a couple more of these.

 

THE END.