Trying To Protect You

Trying To Protect You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sora's POV   Hi. My name's Sora. I'm 17 this year...                 And I'm secretly in love with my best friend.     Kris and I knew each other ever since we were in our diapers, due to our parents' close friendship. We've had a close relationship always, and he takes care of me like I'm his precious little baby sister. And that's all that I'll ever be, I guess.   When did I find out that I'm in love with Kris ? Well, you could say that I've been harbouring a teeny weeny little crush on him ever since I was little, and I always thought that it'll just be a puppy crush and I'll forget about this crush sooner or later. But oh, how wrong was I. It slowly became love. Like yeah, L-O-V-E.   Even though I knew that this was a one-sided love, I just can't push my feelings for him aside, as much as I know that I'll get hurt when he gets a girlfriend, someone that he loves. Just the thought of that is enough to make me gag.   And...really. He got himself his first ever girlfriend a few days after his 18th birthday this year. I always knew that he had a crush on this girl (I mean how can I not when all he talks about is her) and I knew that she likes him back. Although not as much as I do, because she doesn't look at him with as much passion as I do. But I've decided to congratulate them anyway. At the very least, he's happy. I guess that's what love does to you.   Now that they are together, the time Kris and I spend together are getting lesser. And Kris is an to not even take the initiative to spend some time with his best friend. I'm not going to deny, it hurts. Big time.   One Saturday, Kris asked me out to spend some best friend time together at the park. I was ecstatic that he finally remembered me. But fate is an like Kris. Apparently Kris and his girlfriend argued and I'm only here to listen to his troubles. I don't mean to rub salt onto his wound, but there is something I need to tell him...   "Kris. I have something to tell you. But... you need to prepare youself." I said, worried.   "What about that can make you look so worried ?"    "Last week, I saw Chaeyoung with another guy..."   "...So ? What are trying to...say ?"   "They were, well, making...out."   "You're kidding right ? There's no way she would do that to me." He furrowed his brows.   "Do I look like I'm lying ? You've known me long enough, don't you ?" I frowned.   "Well, people do change. And we haven't been hanging out, so who knows ?" I couldn't control myself anymore.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter