Partners

Living With The Boys

IU POV


I rushed to class as the bus I was riding on came late.
Ring Ring Ring
'Nearly there' I thought as I made it to class just in time as the teacher walked through the doorway. I unpacked my bag and sighed as the teacher marked our roll as usual. Suddenly the teacher called out a name 'Wooyoung? Wooyoung?' I looked up. That name sounded familiar. I turned around, but no one seemed to answer. Suddenly, a familiar person ran to the classroom. 'Here' he said, while breathing heavily, sitting down and unpacking his bag.
'Late again' the teacher sighed.
'Sorry, sir' replied the person called Wooyoung. 'My bus was delayed'
'Very well' the teacher sighed and continued on marking the roll.

 

Later at lunch, my friends; Jiyeon, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Suzy sat at our usual corner in cafeteria. As we ate Jiyeon spotted a group of boys with fan girls around.
'You would think those girls would have something else to do' Jiyeon said, bored.
'But you must admit, that guy called Junho is pretty handsome' replied Heoyeon, dreamily. Heoyeon being someone who has never dated before, always would have a crush on a popular guy in her class.
'Pfft' said Suzy, 'all they do to you is make you love them, and then they dump you.' Suzy had dated Taecyeon (a popular guy at our school before he graduated last year) before and 'from experience', she had said, popular guys always dumped you after dating you for a week or less, and if you’re lucky, a month.
'Well, not all popular guys do that' said Sooyoung, who was stuffing . I knew she secretly admired one of the guys in the group but I just don't know which.
'That's true' replied Jiyeon just when the bell rang.


As I entered the classroom for Science (my favourite subject), I thought back on the conversion we just had about popular guys. Suddenly, I heard my name being called out.
'What?' I asked suddenly realising everyone was staring at me.
'IU, you'll be partners with Wooyoung. Wooyoung raise your hand' replied the teacher.
The same boy from the bus that stared at me raised his hand. I never knew that boy was in the same class as me.
'What?!' we both said as we realised we saw each other on the bus this morning.
'Any problem with that?' the teacher frowned.
'N...no' we both stuttered.
'Good. Now....'the teacher voice faded as I thought about being partners with Wooyoung. I was dreading it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, I'm back!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will create a poll on who to pair Sooyoung with (in 2PM) available on my profile page since the last poll didn't work. Thanks!

PS. I will update probably on Sunday.