oo1

Give Me Love

The night was unsettling; the moon hid under the clouds, leaving the night in pitch black, the winds were brutally blowing the leaves away, the park was dead silent, no noise from the living could be heard; except for his own shaky breaths.

 

Sehun had no idea how he ended up there. His last memory was of him getting into bed, exhausted of the day’s events and setting the alarm to wake up the next day, he was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. But yet, here he was, in his sweatpants and worn-out shirt, bare feet in an abandoned park. It was cold and he crossed his arms to get any bit of warmth he can.

 

Freaked out, he started walking around to find an escape or just any clue to why he was suddenly there. He neared the end of the park when the creak of the swing sets could be heard. Quickly he spun around to that direction, he noticed a little girl, swinging on it, staring at him.

 

Goosebumps started rising. A little girl, in a park alone, at night, is never a good thing. He watched enough horror movies to know that. Slowly, he tried to back away without his sight leaving the girl. He could feel the hair on the back of his neck rising. This was too freaky.

 

Just when he wanted to turn around and get the hell out of there, the girl called out to him “Wait! Please, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to frighten you,” she said as she got off the swing to stand.

 

Still a little bit freaked, Sehun didn’t move an inch, just kept staring at the girl, to see when she would attack. “I’m serious. I don’t intend on hurting you. There’s a reason I brought you here, something you need to see, something you do. Don’t be afraid, please,” she continued, holding out her hand for him to take it.

 

Sceptical, Sehun kept a close eye on her. Sighing, she went closer to him instead. She stopped in front of him and grabbed his hand. “Come,” she said as she dragged him back to the middle of the park.

 

“What the... What are you doing?,” he said still freaked but as the girl’s touch was solid and warm, he settled a bit as the touch was oddly comforting and made him feel at ease.  

 

"Do not be afraid as no harm will come to you" she said not looking back.

 

Sehun was about to retort back when they were suddenly embraced by a cloud of thick mist and the next thing he knew, he was standing at the edge of a hill overlooking a cemetery.

 

"Where are we?," he asked in awe. The cemetery was big. Many statues and tombstones scattered in it. The trees were big and the branches were long and thick with leaves. The statues varied; an angel with its wings spread, hands cupped open in front of him; a gargoyle crouched, readying to pounce; a warrior in a fighting pose with a blade in its hand; There was even one of a guardian angel with only one wing. All in all, the statues made the place look creepy and ancient. Not to mention the vines that crawled up the tombstones and statues and the long grass that probably reached Sehun knees already.

 

"This place is the resting place for many admirable leaders and warriors. In the past, this cemetery was taken care of by many and would be visited by hundreds of people everyday. Now, people barely remember this place and it is left to rot." The little girl stared off at the cemetery, eyes glazed, not really looking at it,

 

Confused and creeped, Sehun crouched down next to her, "Why did you bring me here, little girl? What did you want to show me? Are your parents buried here?” Please don't tell me it's not some sort of History lesson in the middle of the freaking night, Sehun thought.

 

She smiled ruefully at him and continued staring down again "This place is resided by many good and pure souls, and I hate to see it messed around with."

 

Frowning, Sehun looked down at the cemetery. What did she meant by 'messed around with'? Then, at the corner of his eye, he saw something moved. It seemed to be a person; he was hunchbacked and seemed to limped. From that distance Sehun couldn't see really clearly but the guy seemed to be wearing rags that looked like it's about to fall of his thin frame. "Who's that guy?," he asked.

 

The girl's eyes were sad and lips formed a thin line "That's one of the victims."  

 

It was all so very confusing. Sehun couldn’t understand a thing. What victim? That homeless guy? What happened to him? Sehun was tired and it was the middle of the night, he just wanted to go home and sleep but this little girl decided to go all spooky and mysterious and brought him here.

 

“Listen little girl, if there’s nothing important I’d like to go home now. You probably need to, too. Where are your parents? They must be worried sick.” He tried to persuade the girl to get out of the place but the girl stood grim and unmoving.

 

She bit her lip and tilt her head at the homeless guy on the cemetery “Look.”

 

Sighing, Sehun turned to look and was terrified in seconds. The guy was walking with a limp but then a small bird landed on a nearby tombstone and the guy froze. Snarling, he turned towards the bird and leaped. Sehun stifled a gasp as the man managed to get hold of the bird in his hand and promptly crushed it, breaking its neck. The sound of the bird’s cries and snapping of it bones resounded through the whole empty place. As it stopped moving, the man began to eat it, feathers and all. Silence in the air except for the man’s weird grunts and growls.

 

Sehun was softly trembling at that point. It was all so quick but totally gruesome and cruel. “Oh god... What is he?,” he whispered, afraid the man would hear them and attack them next.

 

“He can’t help it,” the girl said with a normal tone. “He was buried for decades and when he was suddenly resurrected, the shell screamed its hunger even though he doesn’t really need to feed. But it has become instinct and would be hard to get rid of.”

 

His head was spinning, he couldn’t understand a thing. “Buried? Resurrect? Shell? Instinct? What are you talking about? And keep your voice down or he’ll come for us next.”

 

“Don’t worry, nobody can see or hear you tonight.”

 

Now that was fifty shades of impossible and confusing but he didn’t have time to ponder right now. “Whatever just keep it down and can you explain to me what is going on?”

 

“Someone is using dark magic, one of my children’s are. Maybe more than one, I’m not sure who. They are hidden from me by the same magic. Someone need to stop them. Everyone at the school is being watched, so I need someone from the outside to help me, someone who they won’t suspect is on to them.”

 

It all clicked a bit now. “So you need me to be your informant? Wait... Children?” Sehun stared at her weirdly. She couldn’t have been more than 8 or 9 years old!

 

She gave him a grin, “Another thing, don’t be fooled by appearances.”

 

Don’t be fooled by appearances? What’s there to be fooled? She is only to his waist high! Surely she can’t mean children? Can she? Or maybe it’s her cats or bunnies or something… But that doesn’t seem right… But it can’t be children! As Sehun’s brain was going a miles away, he saw something in the corner of his eye.

 

It was a boy, and unlike the freaky homeless man, this one seemed normal. He had brown hair and his skin was tan, his clothes were fairly normal except it was all black and has a weird white shape on the side of his left chest that Sehun can’t see properly from that angle. He had earphones on and was softly humming. Sehun quickly tensed. He shouldn't be humming, the bird-eating man will target him next.

 

“What is he doing?! He’ll get noticed at this point!” But the boy probably didn’t know danger was in motion. He was about to run down there to help him when his sleeve was caught by the girl.

 

“Don’t be afraid as you are protected tonight. And when you get to the school, Water will help you.” she said quickly before letting go.  

 

“What?” More confusing words, Sehun was about to ask more when the boy’s humming got louder. Sehun heard the bird-eating man growl and Sehun tensed. No time for question, he needs to stop the boy now.

 

As Sehun ran down, the cold air were hard to his thin-cloth form and the untamed nature around the place kept slowing him down. He happened to glanced behind as he ran down but the girl was no longer there. He didn’t think much of it and just ran into the cemetery. He got as close to the boy as he can and tried to get his attention.

 

Now that Sehun was closer, he noticed the boy was quite handsome. He had refine features, his hair was falling into his eyes and then he turned around, Sehun was even more surprised.

 

He was a Vampyre, a fledgling one as his mark was only the outline of a crescent moon and a full Vampyre usually has their moon filled with additional tattoos surrounding it. Sehun was excited as this was the first time he seen any of that kind but he did not have time to waste.

 

As the boy was walking towards Sehun, Sehun hid behind a big tombstone and waited. As he was within reach, Sehun grab his arm, pulled him down and covered his free hand over the boy’s mouth to stop the surprised screams.

 

“Sush! I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m not here to hurt you,” Sehun said quickly as he tried to contain the struggling man.

 

The guy elbowed Sehun in the ribs and got away as fast as he can.

 

“!” Sehun gasped at the impact. It freaking hurts.

 

Sehun watched the guy ran away, not even bothering to chase after him when from the sides he saw a seriously fast moving figure. It was the bird-eating man and he was seriously fast. Sehun cursed and got up to chase after them.

 

The creepy man was running right in front of Sehun and he didn’t even bother to turn around to look at Sehun chasing him. Sehun stared at the running form and noticed that the way he was moving was inhuman. Suddenly the man stopped and Sehun didn’t noticed it in time and bumped into the man.

 

Which then he completely passed through him.

 

Sehun was frozen wide-eyed. How did that happened? Was the man a hallucination? But he saw the creepy man ate a bird, how can he be fake? Is it Sehun? But Sehun could grab the fledgling so that wasn’t possible too. Sehun was getting a headache from all these questions so he grabbed the tombstone right next to him to steady himself but his touched went pass it too.

 

“What the…?,” He whispered.

 

The creepy man suddenly snarled, surprising Sehun but the man was not looking at him, actually its as if he can’t see Sehun at all. Sehun slowly creeped in front of the snarling man and still, the man paid no attention to Sehun.

 

It was then that Sehun remembered the little girl’s words “nobody can see or hear you tonight.” Was it true? But then how could he have touched the fledgling?

 

A branch-breaking was heard by both at the same time. The creepy man started to run after the sound was quick as he can but Sehun was still dumbfounded. As the man was far away, the boy stepped out from behind the statue.

 

“What are you?” He asked menacingly while holding a dagger that’s pointed in Sehun’s direction.

 

Befuddled, Sehun raised his hands to the sides of his face in instinct “Huh?”

 

“I saw you controlling the zombies, what are you? What is your purpose?” The boy stepped further which made Sehun step back.

 

“Controlling zombies? What the hell are you talking about?” Sehun frowned in annoyance.

 

“Don’t act like you don’t know.” The boy turned serious and charged. Sehun was quickly overthrown and was tackled to the ground. The air went out of him in a rush and he was wheezing by the time the boy held him down with the dagger at his throat.

 

“Tell me the truth!” The boy demanded.

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about,” Sehun said amidst the coughing.

 

“The zombie didn’t attack you! That is proof enough!”

“Proof of what?! He can’t see me that’s why he didn’t attack me! It’s the truth you bastard so let go of me!” Sehun thrashed and struggled.

 

“Yeah, right. Like I’ll believe you.”

 

Sehun was beyond pissed right now “Let go of me and I’ll show you.” He finished it with grabbing a rock from his sides and stabbing it at the boy’s sides.

 

The boy grunted in pain and Sehun took that opportunity to push him away.

 

Sehun scrambled to his feet and watched the boy wearily.

 

“I did not do anything to the man, or zombie whatever you want to call it. I swear!”

 

The boy crossed his eyes at Sehun while bringing the dagger in position. “How can I trust you?”

 

In annoyance Sehun ran his hand into the nearby tree where his hand quickly passed through it “See that? I’m invisible and can’t touch anything!” he said in exasperation.

 

The boy scoffed “Yeah right, I just touched you.”

 

“That’s what I don’t understand! Nobody can see or hear me except you! Not even the zombie.”

 

“I don’t believe you, you might just be using another spell to make yourself incorporeal.”

 

Sehun let out a big sigh “I’m not doing anything, I swear. Why would I anyways? I’m only a human, .”

 

The boy seemed to believe him at this point but was still suspicious “Then why did you grabbed me before?”

 

“Because I saw the zombie dude coming towards you so I tried so stop you! But that seemed to be a wasted effort.”

 

The boy let down the weapon but was still tensed “If you come and attack me I will not hesitate to kill you”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Please, by this point, I just want to never see you again”

 

The boy ignored him by turning to walk away.

 

“Hey, where are you going?” Sehun called out.

 

“To kill it,” was his simple reply.

 

Sehun was appalled. Kill it? Isn’t it already dead? “Hey wait, how are you going to kill it?”

 

“Just watch, and don’t disturb me.”

 

God, someone is y tonight. Sehun just trailed behind the boy, not even bothering to be careful as the zombie couldn’t hear him, plus, all his loud noises kept making the boy pissed so that was good.

 

“Stop that!” The boy hissed.

 

“Why should I? The zombie can’t hear me.” Sehun smirked and the guy just clenched his teeth and walked away. “Hey what’s your name?”

 

“Why do you want to know?” He glanced back at Sehun.

 

“So I can stop calling you ‘this guy’ in my head.”

 

With a roll of his eyes he answered “Kai” Kai… the name seems to suit him. Sehun kept repeating it in his mind.

 

“Real name?”

 

“No.”

 

“Then what’s your real name?”

“None of your business.”

 

“Sourpuss.” Sehun grinned. It was fun messing with him.

 

“What’s your name?” Kai asked after a few minutes of silence, trying to find the disappeared zombie.

 

“Not gonna tell you.” Kai straightened up and raised his eyes at Sehun.

 

“And why not?”

 

“Because you won’t tell me yours.”

 

“I just told you, it’s Kai.”

 

Sehun shook his head. “Doesn’t count. It’s not your real name.”

 

“It is in the Vampyre world. We have the right to change our name once we’re Marked.”

 

“Then give me your human name,” Sehun said matter of factly.

 

Sighing, Kai said “You’re not gonna stop are you?”

 

Sehun gave a mocking grin and shook his head.

 

“Stubborn brat.” He heard Kai muttered under his breath. “It’s Kim Jongin.”

 

“Well, nice to meet you Kim Jongin, I’m Oh Sehun.”

 

“A named suited for a spoiled brat,” Kai rolled his eyes and walked away.

 

“Shut up arsehole.”

 

Then they heard a soft growl but it was loud in the silent night. Kai was quickly in fighting mode. He whipped out his dagger and was on high alert.

 

Then without any warning the zombie jumped out from the sides. Sehun was taken aback and nearly fell while Kai swiftly moved to the side and impale the dagger on the zombie at the back and pinned the zombie down.

 

Kai ripped back the dagger which the zombie let out a loud snarl and with a blink of an eye, dislocated the zombie’s head from the body.

 

Sehun stared in awe and wide-eyed at the whole thing. He was still gaping when Kai stood up and wiped off his dagger at the zombie’s ragged clothing.

 

“And that’s how you stop a zombie,” Kai said with a smirk.

 

Sehun closed his mouth and shook his head “Remind me not to get into a fight with you.” If it’s possible, Kai’s smirk got even bigger.

 

“Relax, if you are who you says you are Oh Sehun, then you’re safe.”

 

“Well i am, so good for me… I think… What’s next?” Sehun stared blankly.

 

“What’s next is you heading home. This is not the place for humans to loiter around in”

 

“Yeah, that’s the problem. I don’t know where this is.”

 

Kai frowned “What do you mean?”

 

“I’m not sure myself but all I remember is that I was getting into bed, and then I was at a park and then I got here,” Somehow he felt that he should kept the little girl as a secret for a longer while.

 

Kai’s frowned got deeper. “Are you in astral form right now?”

 

Sehun tried to recall that word “... Like being separated from the physical body?”

 

“Yeah, that could explain why you can’t touched things and being seen by the zombie.”

 

“But then how can you see me?”

 

“That I have no idea.”

 

Sehun think it over, considering the fact he was getting into bed before all this weird stuff happened, it could be true.

 

“Or maybe i’m just dreaming?” Sehun muttered.

 

“Yeah, the problem is i’m real and awake,” Kai said blankly.

 

“Or you could be a dream too.” Just as Sehun muttered that, Kai’s eyes got wide. “What?” Sehun asked, surprised and looked behind him.

 

“You’re see-through right now.”

 

Sehun looked at his hands and saw that it was true. “Huh… I guess i’m waking up…”

 

“Like I said, I’m real so stop saying it’s a dream!”

 

Sehun ignored him. “Finally, this nightmare will be over,” he muttered.

 

“Oh goddess.” Kai said exasperated. “Well, goodbye Sehun. I’m having a feeling we’ll be seeing each other again.”


The last thing Sehun saw before he disappeared and out was the sight of Kai grinning at him and the moonlight making the outline of the crescent moon on Kai’s forehead shine.