From This Moment On

From This Moment On - One Shot

Two pots of potted plants, a beautifully tiled floor and an overscented toilet.

Kevin breathed in. This was reality.

Kevin breathed out. He was dizzy.

He washed his hands and took some paper towels to dry them, fixing his hair before taking in deep breaths.

"Kevin, are you okay in there?"

"I'll be out in a second." Kevin replied and sighed, practising his smile.

He twirled a round and fixed his clothes before giving the mirror one last smile, and then leaving the toilet.

-

Kibum jumped around to soothe his nerves, apologising when his stylist frowned at him.

Kibum breathed in. He almost choked.

Kibum breathed out. This was life.

He stared into the mirror as his stylist made sure not a strand was out of place. The person in the mirror was him, he felt overwhelmed.

"Still hanging in there?"

"I think I have second thoughts." Kibum joked and laughed nervously.

He smiled his thanks to her well wishes, before noticing the wrinkles that formed at the corner of his eyes. He pressed them down in hopes of smoothening them, getting his hands swiped away by the make-up artist.

-

"Let's invite the groom's brother to say a few words!" The emcee said happily.

The best man stepped up to the stage and smiled, thanking the audience for their claps.

A child of about two years made howling noises, and her parents quickly shushed her, giving her what she wanted.

Hyungjoon turned to the child and chuckled, starting his speech. "Thank you to all of you for attending this wedding."

"Ang! Ang! Meh!" The same child said, incoherent words loud due to the silence.

"Yes, even the little child over there." Hyungjoon smiled, gesturing at the toddler now reaching for a glass of orange juice. "We've taken into consideration, the reaction to the marriage, so it's really just close friends and relatives here. As all of you might know, the two of them has shared a pretty eventful school life with each other."

"A, B, C, D-"

"Shhh!"

"Aha, well, they already learnt their A, B, Cs then." Hyungjoon grinned, which caused many to laugh. He laughed along for a moment, before pausing to take in a breath. "So-"

"Hahaha!" The toddler laughed at the plate and clapped her tiny hands together.

"Thank you for appreciating my humour." Hyungjoon nodded. "I think she wants me to keep my speech short. All right then. Enjoy the dinner, kiss Kevin and Kibum all you want later, because after today, either party will start getting awfully jealous."

Hyungjoon then left the stage with a dorky smile, leaving the audience laughing and clapping.

"Let's invite the b- I mean- other groom's sister to say something." The emcee grinned mysteriously, correcting himself before Hyungjoon gave him a playful punch on the shoulder.

Deanna walked up and smiled prettily in her beautiful white dress, tapping the microphone twice to test. "I'll be really quick, in case I get chased down. Haha, so thank you all for coming, we appreciate the blessings you all are giving to our loving couple and please do enjoy the very expensive dinner."

Deanna chuckled before bowing once. "Dinner will be served shortly, and I was the one who picked out the dishes, so they are definitely expensive. Because it's Kibum's family paying."

The audience laughed heartily again, and Deanna left the stage elegantly, joining her family (and Kibum's) at the table that was covered by a big cream-coloured cloth.

-

Kibum walked in, smiling brightly at everyone and gave small waves to young children. He walked down the red carpet and went up the stage, bowing his greetings to the crowd.

He then stood in silence as he waited for his going-to-be partner in life to enter.

Kevin's arrival happened only two minutes later. (Kibum was about to pee in his pants from the anxiety.) The doors opened, revealing a-

Kibum gawked at the scene while the crowd cheered. Kevin's mother giggled at her son's beauty, while Deanna proudly grinned. Hyungjoon rubbed his eyes, unable to believe the his eyes.

Kevin blushed, clinging tighter to his father since they had their arms hooked. Both sides' parents convinced him to wear a wedding dress (Kibum had no idea) reaching his knees since he looked better in a dress and it was kind of weird to have two males in tuxedos ready to get married. He was pretty fine with wearing a dress during the trying out of dresses, but he forgot his invited guests.

Kevin's father patted his hand assuringly, whispering words to calm Kevin down. Kevin stepped forward with a bright smile casted to both sides of the aisle alongside his father, and made sure not to walk too fast in case he collides into the two children in front.

There he was, Kibum thought, watching an angel gracefully walk towards him. His eyes couldn't even register his father-in-law's presence. If it wasn't the immense surprise due to Kevin's beauty, Kibum was sure he would have ran towards the love of his life. Those curves flaunted by the tight dress, enhancing his slim waist line. His legs were visually longer due to the two inch heels he was made to wear, while his arms were naturally thin and unmuscular, making it pleasing (or even better) to the eyes seeing him in a wedding dress.

Mouthing thanks to everyone who squealed their well wishes by the carpeted aisle, Kevin took small and dainty steps forward. He looked forward for a second and almost stopped walking altogether.

While Kibum stood rooted to the ground, stunned by a side of Kevin he hadn't seen before, Kevin gasped softly in surprise. Kibum had a sleek and suave look, jacket ironed out to become one without a crease. His hair was styled smartly, fringe swept to the side without a single strand out of place. His tuxedo fitted him too well, emphasising the broad and reliable shoulders, and how it promised to be there for Kevin's tears should he cry.

"There's your husband." Kevin's father whispered, patting Kevin's gloved hand as a form of comfort while a wide smile wouldn't leave his face. "Waiting to spend his whole life with you from this moment on."

Kevin blushed furiously, overcoming the slight blush his sister helped applied previously with a natural brighter one. The smile stretching his lips wouldn't leave his face, only widening as he stared back into Kibum's eyes. It was as if he was falling in love again. Kevin shifted his arms, tightening his hold around his father's arm, needing all the support he can get.

Noticing how Kevin leaned closer against his father, Kibum's heart raced. It seemed absolutely ridiculous for them both to be nervous. They had been planning every little detail for two months, and were in love for way longer than that.

So why were they nervous? Turning his head to look at his mother, beaming at the new addition to their family, Kibum understood.

It wasn't just the two of them anymore. It was the union of two families, and the formation of one. They were probably both unsure of what would be happening in the future, unsure of each other's feelings and whether they would still want to be with each other for the rest of their lives. They hadn't been kindly looked upon by the society, and it wouldn't be better in the future, so they were nervous.

Was Kevin still all right with the idea? Would he decide to run away from the marriage?

Looking at Kevin's shy smile, Kibum grinned, as if that was all the answers to his fears.

Kevin and his father stopped at the count of three, a short distance away from Kibum. The crowd fell silent and watched in anticipation.

"I'll...give Kevin to you now. He's all yours, so..." Kevin's father slowly unhooked their hands, smiling at the couple with watery eyes while gently pushing Kevin forward. "Take care of him well."

"Daddy, don't do this." Kevin pouted sadly, trying to control his own tears. "Noona will kill me for ruining the makeup!"

"I will." Kibum cut in firmly, holding on to Kevin's hands naturally with intertwined fingers. "I'll take care of him more than anything else, so don't worry."

"I trust you." Kevin's father nodded, stepping backwards with a fatherly smile. Putting his hands together, he clapped and led everyone else to congratulate the couple with a standing ovation.

Kevin and Kibum instinctively bowed their thanks to the audience, before the priest smiled at them both, beckoning for them to step closer to him.

"Take a deep breath." He laughed kindly, and the two chuckled, doing as they were told to ease their erratic heartbeats. Their chemistry was shown in their synchronised steps towards the priest to close the gap, although saying nothing to one another.

With a foolish smile each tugging on the ends of their lips, they turned to face each other. Kibum held his breath, as Kevin’s beauty up-close was so much more breath-taking. Kevin broke into a uncontrollable giggle, quickly hiding it a second later.

The priest then announced with a bright smile, loudly. “The groom and bride will now take their wedding vows.”

Everyone started clapping, anxiously waiting for the couple to take their vows. Deanna clutched her mother’s arm tightly, softly squealing.

(“It’s like a movie!”)

“Do you, Kim Kibum, take Kevin Woo as your lawfully wedded spouse, your constant friend, your faithful partner and your love, to have and to hold, from this day forth, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, in good times and in bad, to honour, to love and to cherish; till death do you both part?” The priest asked, a shining glint in his eyes telling everyone present that they all know the answer to this question.

It was the reason they were all present, with high hopes and wide smiles.

Kibum let go the breath he was holding and took in another one, nodding surely. “I do.”

“I promise It to the skies, to the earth, to my parents, to Kevin’s parents.” Kibum continued, gesturing as he spoke.

Kevin’s father nodded approvingly with tears rolling down his face, while Kevin’s mother laughed silently at her husband crying. Kibum’s father patted the hand around his arm, which belonged to his wife, smiling.

“And of course,” Kibum started, eyes landing back on Kevin’s form. “I promise you this.”

Kevin beamed, the happiness he was emitting was overwhelming, yet so contagious.

“Do you, Kevin Woo, take Kim Kibum as your lawfully wedded spouse, your constant friend, your faithful partner and your love, to have and to hold, from this day forth, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, in good times and in bad, to honour, to love and to cherish; till death do you both part?”

The repetition was endearing to them both. As if emphasising, reminding, and Kevin loved every word of it.

So much that he was still in a temporary trance even after the priest finished, with a smile so bright flashed at Kibum.

“Kevin Woo? May we have your answer?”

Kevin jerked at the sudden call of his name, blushing furiously when everyone realised what it meant. Parting his lips while staring into Kibum’s mesmerising eyes, he gave his life-changing reply to the most important question ever.

-

We all know Kevin's answer~ :3
(Why else would there be a story "Parenting for Dummies" :3?)