Unrequited Love

Unrequited Love [Jisoo One-shot ft.Hansol]

"Tong Hua" 童話 ("Fairytale")

Unrequited Love


 

When you felt the sun shining against your face, you lazily opened your eyes and smiled at the warmth and comfort. His arms were around your waist, his face was burying in your neck, lips slightly touching your skin while he was spooning you.
These are the kind of mornings you never get tired of, because it's hard to have him all to yourself lately due all the chaotic schedules.
You turned around and faced his beautiful face, eyes still closed and lips pouting slightly.
You ran your fingers through his hair, tracing his features with your free hand, it took you a lot of strenght to don't kiss him right there.
Since it was still really early, you decided to sleep a bit more. It should be different today, after all, it was your 17th birthday, but you don't really care much about it, there's no fun in aging.
You closed your eyes and snuggled closer to him, tangling your legs with his and kissing his bare chest.
Jisoo never liked to sleep with a shirt on, never. At first you couldn't look at his upper body without blushing, but after two years of being together, all the shyness disappeared.

Two years ago, in your birthday's day, you and Jisoo started to date. People kept saying you were too young to know what true love was, but you and Jisoo always knew. You were just 15, but young love is the most beautiful kind of love, is naive, intense, passionate.

After an hour that seemed more like mere seconds, you felt soft lips kissing your milky neck. You squirmed and hugged his body closer to yours making him laugh.
"Happy birthday love." Jisoo whispered in your ear, leaving a kiss there and taking his time to spread other small kisses in every single place he could reach, your face, your shoulders, your hands, your legs, your chest, your jawline.
You smiled and opened your eyes, meeting his beautiful hazel colored eyes.
"Thank you." You whispered with a smile, looking at him without any other words. Jisoo stood silently with you in bed for a few more minutes, just worshiping your beautiful body and face. 
He gave you a small box and you looked at him with an eyebrow raised.
"Jisoo, I told you...there's no need." You said.
"I know, but I want to. Open it." He said, and you smiled widely, opening the pink box.
"Jisoo..." It was a beautiful ring, pretty simple but beautiful. Inside you could read your and Jisoo's name.
You looked at him with eyes full of tears.
"It's amazing that after two years, you can still make me fall in love with you every single day, Mirae." Jisoo whispered, leaning down slowly.
You smiled and placed your hands against his chest. 
"I didn't brushed my teeth yet." You said, keeping your lips away from his.
Jisoo rolled his eyes and pulled you closer to his body, crashing his lips against yours. You immediately closed your eyes and kissed him back, cupping his face with your hands. He smiled against the kiss and laid you down in bed carefuly, laying on top of you, hands running up and down your arm.
When you both were running out of breathe, you pulled away and Jisoo rested his forehead against yours. "I love you." He whispered, pecking your lips once more.
"I do too."
 
After spending a few more minutes in bed, you took your time to answer to all the happy birthday messages and answering some calls! 
"Happy birthday my beautiful daughter, mom is so proud of you, my baby is growing up." Your mom said while crying on the other side of the line.
You also started to cry a bit, but when you heard your dad speaking too, you couldn't help but laugh.
"You are almost an adult, now you can do adult things...but don't push your luck, young lady." Your dad said, and you roled your eyes with a laugh.
Jisoo smiled at you and you squeezed his hand before hanging up the phone.
"My mom sent you some kisses." You said, shaking your head. Your mom loves Jisoo, gladly your dad also accepted him, still with the oppinion that you were still too young to date.
 
"Can you meet me at the park? I have something for you, birthday princess." You received Hansol text and smiled.
Hansol is your bestfriend since you remember yourself. You were born in the same hospital, and know each other since kids. 
"I'll be there <3" You texted back with a smile playing in your lips.
 
It's amazing getting to spend another birthday next to Hansol, you already lived a lot of amazing things with him, good moments, bad ones too.
He was your first crush too, he was also your first valentine.
You arrived at school and there he was with a rose waiting for you in the valentine's day. Silly boy.
Remembering this things makes you laugh a lot, but it creates a hole in your heart as well. Being Hansol's bestfriend comes with a lot of benefits, but it's not an easy thing being just friends with someone that loves you more than a simple 'friend's love' . 
You always knew, everybody knew, even Jisoo.
It's hard but you can't love him back, he is like the brother you never had, you never looked at him with other eyes, you never felt other kind of feelings apart friendship.
You arrived at the park and everything looked so beautiful. You remember coming to this park since you were a kid, but today it looked even more beautiful.
Suddenly, you felt cold hands covering your eyes.
 
"Guess who." A soft voice whispered against your ear.
You laughed and placed your hands above his, turning around and hugging him tightly.
"Happy birthday Aeri." Hansol muttered, hugging you back with a smile.
You closed your eyes and pulled away slowly, looking at him with a sympathetic smile.
"How are you Hansol?" You asked, stuffing your hands in your pockets.
Hansol shrugged and sat in the nearest bench. You followed him and also sat down.
"I'm okay. Today it's an important day for you so let's not talk about me." He said, showing you a heart shaped box. "This is my present for you, I hope you like it."
You smiled and grabbed it, opening and smiling even more widely.
"You remembered." You whispered, grabbing the totoro plushie.
"We used to see those cartoons together."
You hugged him and smiled. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."
Hansol laughed and you looked down before meeting eyes with him again.
"Hansol...you should really move on." You whispered, your voice full of sincerity.
"I know." He replied with a small and sad smile." But it's so hard. Why i'm so afraid to lose you when you're not even mine?".
 
You sighed and closed your eyes. "You always knew, I never said I liked you back Hansol. I never gave you fake hopes, or I did?" You asked, biting your lip.
"No, and you are right, I always knew, but I am still dumb to believe that you will leave your boyfriend of two years to be with me. I am a fool to keep waiting for you knowing that you will never run to me and choose me as the only one in your life." He said, nodding. 
You felt bad, you really did, you never knew he was suffering this much. "Did you already tried at least? You should hang out more, meet new people, new girls, you should get over me." You said, taking his hands in yours. "We are bestfriends, that's all we will ever be."
Hansol, looked away and smiled. "There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people who wouldn't jump a puddle for you, right?."
You jerked your head up, remembering the words you used to tell him whenever he would appear crying over some girl who dumped him in the past.

"That's right." You whispered, pulling him closer and resting his head against your chest, patting his back. "I'm sorry Hansol."


When you arrived home, you took your shoes off and sat on the couch beside Jisoo who smiled at you.
"Everything's fine?" Jisoo asked, moving closer.

You turned at him and hugged him tightly, burying your face in his neck.

"I love you Joshua, never forget it, arasso?" You whispered, voice cracking.
Jisoo closed his eyes and pulled you even closer. "I'll never forget."
"Good, because I don't want anyone else but you".