The Story You and The Rain Drew

Ukulele vs The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Shinhye walk out from the academy she works at, when twilight approaching slowly. She feels drowsy since few hours ago, she decided to going home right away. It's been days she can't sleep properly even though her eyes wants to sleep. Anxiety take over her mind. That's why whenever there is chance to feel like sleeping, she will try to rest herself.

She plug earphone to her ear and walks through the sidewalk. Glancing at the pretty stuffs placed on display windows which not tempted her at all. She's not the type who like to buy fancy stuff if not urgenty needed for special occasion.

Her heart almost jump as her eyes catch a shocking familiar figure when she pass by a jewelery store, a back view from a guy who look smiliar with Yonghwa. She stop and peeking inside, dumbfounded. She's pretty sure that it can't be him. She knows it well, but she can't stop her heart to beating faster.

"I'm halucinated. It's impossible. He's just someone alike." She pat her heart for comfort. "I must be missing him a lot."

She decided to walk again, as she's about few step away from the halte, she saw ddokboki stall which steam billowing and deliver a good smell to her nose. She swallow her saliva and feel her stomach do a sudden growling.

Sighing, "Why now?"

Her feet brought her to the stall without waiting for her brain to let it walk. She bite eommuk while waiting for ahjumma serve her the ddokbokki. Her saliva about to drip since it looks ultra tasty.

"I should've eat this with him." She dazing at the leftover eommuk in her hand. "Oh right!" She take cellphone from her bag, dial a number and clamped it in between ear and shoulder. "Oh Junhee-ya, how's the surgery? Is it going well?" She drink a glass of water to swallow faster. "Thanks God. Eonnie just finish teaching. Do you want me accompany you until he's awake? Okay, wait up. I'll be there soon."

After paid for the snacks she ate, she immediately hop on the bus to the hospital. When she arrive, she drop by the convenient store next to the hospital to buy something to eat for Junhee.

"Eonnie," Junhee wave her hand when she notice Shinhye peek her head by the door. "Annyeong."

"Annyeong." Shinhye walks in and put the plastic bag filled with snacks on the edge of the bed. "Are you alone? Where is everybody?"

"Went home for wash up and take some stuffs for this troublemaker." Junhee hissed.

Shinhye look at him feeling pity in a synical way. "This kid. I thought being a cafe owner will make him care about food more than anyone else. No wonder he looks thinner than when I first met him." She shift her attention to Junhee. "And you!"

"Ne?"

"As a girlfriend, you should've take care of him better. It's girls' duty to remind their man to eat properly. You try pack a lunch box for him sometimes, and make sure he eat it until the last bite."

Junhee laugh. "Why should I make him a lunch box? he ain't an elementary kid anymore."

Shinhye scoffed. "Who said lunch box only belong to kids? Ah, seriously you don't know the perks of having fun in the kitchen preparing food for a boyfriend."

"How could I know when I can't cook delicious food?" Junhee flare up cutely.

Shinhye giggle. "Practice makes perfect, you know. I'm not born as a good cook. I'm learning too."

Junhee bit her lips, hesitate to ask her.

"What's wrong?" The eonnie notice her anxiety.

"Eonnie," she started, "have you... ever cook for oppa?"

Shinhye stand still for a while before she chuckle. "I'd love to. But I've got no chance."

Junhee raise her eyebrow.

Shinhye narrow her eyes at her, suspecting a plot will coming up.

Junhee grin. "Cook for me. Let me have a try in oppa behalf."

Shinhye flick her fingers. "I knew it!"

Junhee immitate Shinhye. "You better!" She giggling. "And teach me too."

"You...better..."

"Omo!" Shinhye startled.

"Oppa!!" Junhee move and hug him tightly. "Finaly you awake. Thank you. Do you know how much I worry about you? Annoying! Don't go on a diet again! See now you make everyone worried sick because of your lazy eating habit. Happy?"

"Ya! I told you... I've never been on a diet!"

"Then eat normaly! Why do you hate eat so much!?"

"Who said I hate eating?"

"Then why do you keep forgeting?"

"Ya ya, you two!" Shinhye approach them and cross her hands in front of her chest. "Stop fighting already! Junhee, you," she glare at her, "how can you scold the patient as soon as he wake up? You have to at least comfort him and congratulate that the surgery went well. And you, Minhyuk-ah," she glare at him and flick his ear gently, "eat properly from now onward. Don't burden other people because of your laziness."

Junhee stick her tongue out at Minhyuk.

"I don't understand where is your appetite gone? Why can't you feel hungry at all? Are your sensibility disappear?" Shinhye said.

Minhyuk grinned. "Don't ask. I have no idea."

"Oppa," Junhee held his hand, "let's eat together from now. Don't starve yourself anymore, okay?"

Minhyuk sighing. "Told you, I'm notㅡ"

"Arasseo, arasseo." Junhee pinch his hand. "Why do you keep denying? Ugg, irritating!"

Shinhye smile watching the sight of their sweetness. She looks at the window. The sky is cloudy and gloomy. Another rainy days is session comes. Loneliness fill the missing hole in her heart. She needs to stay at home and occupy her mind with scary movies. A marathon of movies that could make her scream is a must to get rid of her loneliness.

"Noona."

Shinhye raise her eyebrow as she turn her head to look at Minhyuk.

"Are you okay?" he ask.

Shinhye scoffed, look back at the window with longing feeling. "I guess I'm still can't get used to this." She's staring at the floor. "Is it wrong to not letting go?"

Junhee get up and hold Shinhye's hand. There is a guilty look on her face. "I feel you, eonnie. Don't worry, you're not alone."

"I feel you too, noona. I miss him so much." Minhyuk add.

Shinhye smile at them "I know. It's just," she shrugg her shoulder, "I don't know. I just... think... that it's unfair for me. We barely started. He should've not went away."

"I'm sorry, eonnie. What can we do? It's not our place to against it." junhee said.

"Yeah." Shinhye chuckled. "Sorry to let you hear my whine."

"Aniya, eonnie. Who do you have except us to listen to your trouble?" Junhee shake Shinhye's hand playfully. "By the way, how is it with Jonghyun oppa?"

Shinhye shook her head. "I don't know. We'll meet tomorrow. But I don't feel like it."

"Come on. Give it a try, noona." Minhyuk said.

"Try, try." Junhee wink.

Shinhye smile. "Arasseo."

***

"What are you doing? Shooting a music video?"

Shinhye look up to find Jonghyun approach her and standing next to her. "Hi."

"What's so interesting out there?" He peeking at the window. "I notice you always looking at the window solemnly whenever it rains. Do you have something sad related to the rain?"

Shinhye staring at the rain with halfhearted smile. "Yeah, sort of."

Jonghyun take out his phone and hold it near Shinhye's face.

She frowned at him. "What are you doing?"

"Record." He move closer. "Come on, I need some ideas."

Shinhye look away. "What are you thinking of me? A story-telling machine? Why do you keep asking me to talk about my life?"

Jonghyun shrugg off. "Girls' point of view are more interesting than guys. Yours are not as simply as ours."

She scoffed. "As if."

Jonghyun laugh. "Let's get in. Hallway not a good place to talk about personal stuffs."

Shinhye sigh. "You call me to come just to listen to my story, don't you?"

"No, ofcourse not. It's new album season. I want to offer another colaboration."

Shinhye sighing. "That again. Another collaboration. I told you I can't."

"Come on. What are you so scared of? Your soothing voice will match with mine. Let's try. And didn't you want to sing together with me?" He elbow her. "You used to be my fan, anyway."

She can't help but laugh out of the sheer audacity and embarassment of the situation.

"When we were at the villa back then, actualy, me and hyung were writing another song.

Shinhye's eyebrow raised, staring at him with curiosity reflected on her eyes.

"Its a duet. Like I mentioned on the e-mail I sent you. And Im thinking about you do it with me. Whatd you say?"

"What?"

"Yes. Duet. I thought I've told you some days ago."

"I thought it was a joke."

"No, it wasn't. You'll do it, right? It's gonna be fun."

"Wow wow. Wait a minute. Wha-what are you talking about?"

Jonghyun sighing. "You know, singing together. Something like that."

Shinhye hit him. "I know that. I mean, why?"

"No. You didn't said 'why', you said 'what'. I heard it clearly."

She grimace. "That's not it. I MEAN, WHY-do-you-want-to-have-a-duet-with-me?"

"Aah." He nodded much to her annoyance.

Fold her lips and curl her fingers with all her might, she fed up.

"Ok, so, I was thinking about having a duet love song since I havent done it before. I talked to hyung and he thought it could be awesome. I told him that I have some girls in mind but they're too hard to get. Popularity makes it hard. They're too busy to even meet up. So hyung recomend you. I heard your voice and I dont mind with it.

A familiar feeling tickling inside her stomach. She can imagine the look on his face while he complimented her voice to Jonghyun. His very own exaggerate way of talking about something he admire still be able to appear vividly on her mind.

Manager hyung has talked to CEO, he gave him demo of your voice, and he agreed.

What?

Yes. Besides, I worked with you in my previous album, and public receiption was good. Don't you curious what kind of respond if the whole nation listen to our duet?"

But... Jonghyun-ah, thats a bit...

Lets make it as a song dedicated to Yonghwa hyung.

“De-dedicated song? What do you mean? As if he—“

“I already have the song, by the way. Wanna listen? He walk ahead to his studio and rest himself on the chair in front of the computer.

Shinhye follow him behind. You said youre running out of idea. She sits on the sofa behind him.

“Yeah, I'm procrastinated now. This is an old song. He press enter on the keyboard and turn around on his chair. Like I said, always want to have a duet love song. Listen.

(link lyric video fun)

The song started with the sound of guitar echoing until Jonghyuns raw voice come out. Shinhye listen to it with a vague smile on one side of her lips. She immediately loves the melody. It sounds a bit different from Jonghyuns previous songs, even though he also made this piece. She can imagine listen to this song in a cabin at somewhere snowy while sit by the window under the blanket, read a novel and a cup of hot chocolate puffed next to her.

“The girl voice was Yoorins. Jonghyun humming to the music as if he hadnt said something sensitive. Shes good, isnt she?

Shinhye nodded.

Jonghyun dance his head to the music. “I made this when we were fighting, and we recorded this demo together after we made up. I always want to be a singer-songwriter since school years. I wish I can make it happen with her by my side. He staring at the wave line moving on the computer screen. At least I had the chance to do music with Yoorins oppa. And also,” he glanced at Shinhye mischievously, her sister-in-law wanna be.

Shinhye gasped. “Yaaa! She comb the hair behind her ear. Dont say such thing so easyly like that.

Jonghyun chuckled. Actualy hyung've heard this song. He excited to hear your part in it."

Shinhye bewildered. Yonghwa listen to Yoorin's voice, how much does it hurt? Was he okay? He didn't cried, did he?

"What's wrong?" Jonghyun notice the change on her face.

Shinhye shook her head. "It's... Jonghyun-ah, Yonghwa... was he okay?"

“Hm?"

"When he listened to Yoorin's voice, was he okay?"

Jonghyun look at the computer screen, and back again to Shinhye. "Yeah."

"There wasn't any tears?"

"Nope. Not at all. Why?"

"Nothing." She scratch her nape.

Jonghyun stare at her with wondering what makes her so anxious. But he don't want to push her to do a story telling like he used to do.

"Okay then." She says at last.

"What?"

"Let's do it."

Jonghyun get up excitedly. "Really? You want to join me?"

"Yeah. It's not that bad to sing again." She said.

"Atsa!" He ask her to do a high five. "Okay, let's start arranging the notes." He's back again to sit facing the computer.

"Wait, wait, wait. Right away? Right now?" Shinhye pull the back of his chair to stop him.

Jonghyun slightly move the chair to see her. "Then when is the right time? Next week? Next month? Next year? Or next life?"

Shinhye hit the chair irritated. Grit her teeth, "That's not what I mean. Isn't it too early to start now? I was just say yes."

"Early, you say?" Jonghyun scoffed. "You still have no idea what kind of job I'm currently in?"

Shinhye sigh. "Okay, okay, Mr. Superstar. Let's do it in your pace."

Jonghyun take out one of his composing book which have the notes of this song and facing the computer again. Shinhye take a small chair from the corner and sit next to him. They work on it immediately. Without Yonghwa, this time.

Jonghyun tilt his head staring at the notes. "It doesn't feels right..."

"I know right. It's somewhat empty on this part."

"Noona-ya," Jonghyun look at her carefully, "let's go to sanctuary."

"Ya." Shinhye point at him using the pencil in her hand. "Don't be silly. How could we go to Yonghwa's house when he's not there?"

"Why not?"

"It's not like we're close with his family."

"We aren't?" Jonghyun move to face her. "Remember, noona. I used to be their eldest daughter's man, and you're their only son's woman. Won't it make us part of their household?"

Shinhye chuckle. "Whatever."

"So?"

"What?"

"Let's go?"

"Okaaaay." Shinhye limpy follow him behind to the place she misses the most lately.

**

Shinhye standing at the door, staring at the bed blankly. Hesitate walking inside and close the door, then rest her back on it. Yonghwa's room. She remember the last time she was there with the owner of that room.

**

"Ah~ I'm a bit shy to showing you my room." Yonghwa patted his nape. "It's a bit messy and unorganized."

Shinhye bit her lower lip, scratch the back of her ear awkwardly.

Silence filled the room.

Yonghwa cleared his throat. "Ge-get in. Hehe."

"Okay." But Shinhye didn't follow him.

Yonghwa who were al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter