The Cold Hand

Gui?! Run!!

~Aaron's POV

"Hey guys, I think I dropped my wallet somewhere last night, mind if I borrow some money?" I asked the three who are busy stuffing food in their mouths.

"Cher! Ei chun rumd chu chem nuni." Chun replied.

What did he just said?

"Dude! We can't understand alien words you know!" Jiro said as he whacked Chun's back making him spat some food on Calvin's face.

Ok. That's gross.

"I told him I can lend him some money! Happy?!" Chun then took another bite on his 4th burger.

"Thanks! Gotta go now!" I stood up and bid them goodbye.

"Eh, eh! Your food!" Chun shouted.

"It's yours!"

"Ok!" :D

I quickly rushed out of the fast food chain and head towards the amusement park. I might drop my wallet there when I fell last night.

I was busy searching the area when a strong wind blew against me and I felt a very cold hand tapping my shoulder from behind. Uh-oh. D-do-don't t-te-tell m-m-me i-i-it's a...

"G-Gui?" I mumbled softly.

B-bu-but i-i-it's s-st-still e-ea-early r-ri-right?

"EH! How did you know I'm Gui?" the ghost asked.

"Y-yo-you're a-a-a g-g-gui?" I asked back. I felt like dying right now. T_T

"Of course la! Who else could it be? But why are you calling me Ah Gui? I don't remember being close to you."

Of course la! Of course la! Of course la! Her words kept repeating in my head. S-She's a g-gh-ghost? She just admitted it right? And I actually talked to her! I felt my whole body trembled. My heart is beating really fast, I felt like having a heart attack and my head... aarrgghh! It's spining like crazy! I should be running right now but my feet won't move! I felt another strong wind blowing against my body, and then...

"Boooooo!" A face suddenly appeared in front of me that made me jumped back. I tripped over a stone and hit my head on the ground. I tried standing up but the next thing I know, I passed out.

---
~Gui's POV

"EH! How did you know I'm Gui?" I asked the handsome man whose back is still facing me. I tried to turn him around but his body was so stiff.

"Y-yo-you're a-a-a g-g-gui?"

Hahaha! Why is this guy stammering like that? I never thought that a pretty man like him can be this shy. Cute! And I even thought he's a playboy. Stupid me! Oh! Maybe that's the reason why he's so stiff! He's not used to talking to people. Right! Right! I'm such a genius!

But did he just called me Ah Gui?

"Of course la! Who else could it be?” I answered his question and shot one back. “But why are you calling me Ah Gui? I don't remember being close to you." I waited for his response but it never came.

Then the little light bulb popped up over my head! >:)

I went in front of him, crawling my way there. Ah one, ah two, ah three... JUMP. "Boooooo!"

He jumped back, tripped on a stone, hit his head on the ground, and passed out. O_O

OWH-MYYY-GAAASSSHHH!

Did I scare him that much? I know I should be worried but... but...

HAHAHAHA! That was so funny!!! BWAHAHAHA! Ha.Ha.Ha. Ok. Stop Wu Ying Jie.

I lifted him in my arms and carried him. Haaarrr. He's so heavy! I laid him down in the shade of a tree, for the sun was hot. I looked at my watch then back at him. I have no choice right? I' guess I’ll stay with him for a while.

---
~Aaron's POV

I felt something rubbing my head. It's a hand. A small, soft, and cold hand... COLD HAND?

I shove the hand and sat up straight while making a cross sign, no it’s actually a plus sign, using my two index fingers, eyes still closed.

"Mr.? Are you okay?" A female voice asked.

I gathered all my courage to open my eyes and there, I saw a beautiful girl leaning in front of me, biting her lower lips, suppressing her laughter.

Great Aaron Yan! You just make yourself look like an idiot!

"Sorry if I scared you." she said. "How's your head?"

"H-huh?" I answered confused.

"You hit your head on the ground earlier remember?"

Oh right.

I observed her for a while and studied her features. She really is beautiful. Big brown eyes, cute nose, and a sweet looking lips. Not to mention she has a great body! She can't be a ghost right? But how did she know about me hitting my head?

"By the way, how do you know I'm Gui?"

Shoot! She's the owner of the cold hand!

"You're a ghost?!" I backed away from her a little, preparing to run away. Now I just proved that looks can really be deceiving. One... Two...

"A ghost? Of course not!" she chuckled. "Do I look like a ghost to you?"

Huh?

"But... The sun is up and it’s so hot...” Just like you. “...and your hands are cold... so I thought..."

She laughed loudly cutting of what I was telling. "It's because I was eating a really frozen ice cream, maybe I was holding the container for too long. Do you want some?" She offered, showing the container of the ice cream.

I shook my head and heaved a sigh of relief. Phew! Of course! How can I think that she's a ghost?

"By the way, I'm Gui Gui!" she said cheerfully.

Wait... her name is Gui Gui? Ghost Ghost? Now I get it!

She offered her hand. I reached for it and shook it. "I'm..."

"Aaron right?"

"How did you know?" I asked.

"You dropped your wallet last night, I tried to give it back but you kept on walking and walking. I even called you for a few times but you never looked back."

Huh? Last night? You mean the ghost who was chasing me was also her?

"Huh? So you're the one who's standing by this big tree?"

She nodded her head. Whoa, whoa! And I thought I will be haunted forever! Phew! I am so happy that I want to take my clothes off and dance ! But I can't, she might think I'm a crazy ert. Maybe later in my house.

But she does look like a real one last night.

"Errrmmm..." I started. She looked at me and smiled. "Why do you look like, you know, yesterday?" I asked. She stared at me blankly.

"You know... Like a ghost?" Her eyes went wide upon hearing the question.

"Uhhmm... Uhhhmmm. W-what do y-you mean b-by I lo-looked like a g-ghost?" she stammered.

“Seriously, you looked ghostly last night.”

“H-how so?’

"First, you’re wearing a white dress." I pointed out.

"Errm... Because it's my favorite?" She questioned, I mean she answered.

"What about the pale face?"

"Because I'm not feeling well?" I looked at her worried. "B-but I'm better now!" she grinned nervously.

"And the red eyes?"

"Because I was crying?"

"And the messy hair?"

"Because it's windy?"

"Oh."

Her phone rang, interrupting our conversation, she excused herself and answered it. I can hear her cursing after the call. She went back and bid me goodbye. I watched her running really fast, bumping with several people in the process. How can a bubbly person like her be a ghost? I smiled to myself and went back home.

I slumped on the couch, thinking. I felt like I have forgotten about something really important. Hmmm...

Shoot! My wallet! She doesn't give back my wallet!