Kai - Dancing Together

The Exo One Shot Collection

You felt your heart skip a beat. It was him! Kim Jongin smiled as he caught sight of you, gave a little wave.

 

“Hey, ______. I didn’t know you would be here too.”

 

“Yeah,” you replied, giggling nervously, “me neither.”

 

You had met Jongin a few months ago when you began taking classes at a new dance studio. The instant you saw him dance you were head over heels in love with the guy, his entrancing moves putting you under his spell. It didn’t help that he was both gorgeous and a complete sweetheart. Now here he was, apparently in the same dance group as you.

 

When you’d heard from your manager that you would be a background dancer for Jo Kwon’s performance you had been thrilled. Now it seemed things had gotten even better, you’d get to dance with Jongin!

 

“Everyone, please take your positions.” The choreographer’s voice sounded loud and clear.

 

You had already gotten a video of two people doing the background choreo and had practiced at home but you were glad to finally practice it with a group.

 

To your delight you found Jongin placed in front of you. This meant not only shameless staring on your part but more interaction; the choreo would require you to trade places several times and end in a pose together. You felt tingly at the thought.

 

During the rehearsal though you focused completely on your dancing, going into ‘professional mode’. You still couldn’t help feeling giddy whenever you caught Jongin’s eye, the two of you sharing a smile.

 

After the practice Jongin turned to you, his lovely smile lighting up his face despite his sweaty brow.

 

“That was great! I’m really glad I was paired with you, _____. I’m lucky to have such a good dancer as my partner.” His words made you blush, although you didn’t think it was visible after the workout.

 

“Ah, no way, I’m the lucky one here. You’re definitely the best dancer in the group.” Jongin looked down with an embarrassed laugh.

 

“We’re a good match then,” he said, looking back up at you with a glint in his eyes, “Best male dancer and best female dancer…”

 

You wanted to bounce up and down on the spot, squeaking like a total fangirl. Jongin thought you were the best female dancer there! He liked your dancing!

 

Then you practically fainted at his next words.

 

“Do you want to meet up tomorrow for an extra practice? I want to make sure I’ve got this down before the show next week. We could go for food after, if you’d like. Stay late and stuff.”

 

It took you a while to manage a reply, long enough that Jongin’s gaze had gone from inviting to slightly worried. Just as he opened his mouth, probably to say you didn’t have to, you finally managed to blurt out: “Sure! I mean, yes! I’d love to meet up and practice.”

 

Jongin’s eyes lit up again, the smile spreading to his face.

 

“Great! I’ll see you tomorrow then? Around 5?”

 

You nodded vigorously, beaming back at him. You didn’t stop smiling all evening. Best. Job. Ever.

 

______________________________________

 

A/N: Requested by Anon on tumblr, original here.

p.s. Don't think I mentioned it here before but I wrote a Luhan oneshot that I put up separately because it included C.N.Blue's Minhyuk and I wanted to tag him too. It's called Ideal Type and you can find it by going to my stories, so if anyone's interested please check that one out too ^^