Of Dreams & Reality

The Experience I Never Had

It was just an ordinary day for me, but it was a life turning day for him and his group.

It was May 25, 2008, the day he turned into an idol.

Being the girl who wants to know everything, I wanted to know what happens on that memorable day of his.

I started following him along with s when they were going out of their company’s office building, they were going to their first ever schedule.

On their way to the black van waiting for them I observed him as he walks and talk to the other member from the group.

From the little casual talks he had with his band mates I learned that he was the youngest in the group by the honorifics he is using.

Judging from his appearance his age is not that far from mine, I think he is around fifteen or sixteen.

On their way to the TV station not one of them tried to speak a word and break the tension that was filling the air, they were all nervous about their first stage appearance.

In the building of the TV station they went into the recording studio where they would be having their debut stage.

They where led to the dressing room where they were dressed up and instructed about the flow of the show and what they will do.

After the preparations were done before they were called on stage they practiced their dance and did some vocal exercises.

After a while they were instructed to go on stage and they did their first ever stage performance.

I was amazed how the crowd cheered and supported them, they were just still a rookie group but the audience accepted them with wide spread arms and they started to gather fans even though it was just a few.

As they were dancing on the stage my eyes where just staring at him amazed by the fact that at such his young age he was able to fulfill his dream, that I know because I see how he takes the stage seriously.

Seeing him so dedicated on stage made me more curious on how he was going to survive the life of an idol.

I wanted to know more about him, so I continued following him around until they finished filming the show.

At the lobby of the TV station they were greeted by their proud family members and there I found out about his family.

He has an older brother, who look just like him but a bit more matured.

His parents were teary-eyed because of his achieved dream, but the meet up with his parents was not that long because he and his band mates were called back by their manager. It was time to go on their second schedule.

His first day of being an idol just went on like that until mid-day.

On their lunch he had barely enough time to eat until their next schedule.

I pity him because seeing how he uses up all his energy on stage, he is still on a strict diet and has only a few time to eat and rest.

The next thing they need to do for the rest of the day is to practice for their scheduled performances, so they went to their company’s building.

They were practicing in a practice room when they were called by the president of the company.

Inside of the office they had a short meeting with the president.

I just waited until they came out, I didn’t know what they talked about but I’m sure it was not that good.

As they went back to the practice room earlier they were discussing about how to be well known to the people.

I concluded that the meeting they had earlier was about their promotion.

I thought that maybe the company cannot make it anymore so he and his fellow group mates worked on it themselves.

I saw him going out of the building carrying a bag attached with an elephant doll and some small dolls.

He headed to a place where there were many people along with his fellow band members.

There they started giving out lollipops, on each lollipop is attached a message that says...

“Please love SHINee’s ‘Replay’”

It shows how much that he cares for their fans and how they worked hard to promote themselves.

After that tiring day they had, and from what I had seen, I learned a lot about him and his group mates.

At the end of the day he who was just a stranger before was not a stranger to me anymore.

On that day I followed him and observed him, I started to learn to like him.

It might be weird but I fell in love with a stranger named Lee Taemin, whom I supposed to just observe and learn the behavior an idol should have.