Chapter 1

You've changed

From when I started Middle school,  People are making fun of me saying that I am short. Well, I'm short but not to the point that there's nobody shorter than me.  Just that 2 girls in my class are a little taller than me. They are giants. Just that I'm small and short. I'm a boy and I'm short. SHORT, SHORT, SHORT. Nobody understands me. I want to have friends but being judged from my appearance, saying I'm weak, a coward and stuff, nobody really cares about me. Who wants to be short? It's not a crime being short. They are going top far.

 

One day, I rode a bus to school. In the bus, I bumped into a kid who is equally my height. He is wearing my school's uniform but I think I never seen him before. Nevermind that, maybe he's someone in different class. From the moment we made eye contact, I feel like I like this boy already. Maybe because we have the same height that I feel at ease.  He is cute and looks like he's very playful. It'll be great if we study together. I stopped thinking and apologize to him.

 

"Sorry. I wasn't looking and the bus is crowded.", said me.

"Ah, it's okay. Oh, we study at the same school!", said him.

"But I never see you before." I confirmed.

"Oh, I'm new here. This is just my first day here. My name is Byun Baekhyun and what's yours? I will study at class ----" said Baekhyun.

"Hey, that's my class. ", I said in surprised.

"Really? Very nice to know you. Can you tell me your name? We are going to be classmates soon ^^"

More like we are going to be friends, I thought smiling to myself.

"My name is Do Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you, Baekhyun.", I gave him a friendly smile.

"Me too, Kyungsoo." said Baekhyun happily.

 

We arrived at our school and I guided Baekhyun to our classroom. He seems lost. I chuckled at his behavior. When I first entered this school, I have that same behavior. Lost and worried.

 

"Don't worry. You already have a friend here." I cheered him up.

"Ah, yes. I was a bit worried though. I never change school before."

"If you need help, just ask me. We are friends." I feel so happy saying this.

"Okay, thankyou, Kyungsoo." He gave me a warm smile.

 I took the seat next to the window and Baekhyun sits behind me. I feel relieved. I'm happy that I made new friend as soon as school starts. I have no real friends in here. The reason is because of my body and my height. They thought I am weak. Our teacher walks in and she let us introduce ourselves one by one. Baekhyun looks so confident. He smiles to everyone in the class and he's the same age as me but older if according to months. I feel as we are fated buddies. Maybe I watched too many dramas and now I become so dramatic. But I have to admit this myself. I really like him. I wonder if he thinks the same even though we just met. I felt a strong connection between us. I always dream to have  a friend who does not judge me and always smiles. That suits Baekhyun so much. I smiled happily thinking about him.

 

Finally, it's lunchtime. I always sit alone under the trees in my school which I found pleasant and eating my lunch. I dragged Baekhyun to one of the big trees that gives us a big shelter. I sat on the grass and open my lunch. He did the same. He looked at me with questioning eyes.

 

"What's wrong, Baekhyun? You don't want to sit here?" I asked him.

"No. I like sitting here. I was wondering why we have the same taste. I used to sit at this kind of place too when I'm having lunch. I like eating while sitting on the green grass and there will be wind waving."

"This is what u called romantic. Haha, I don't like sitting in the canteen. There's too many people. Sometimes after eating my lunch, I fell asleep here."

"Me either. Kyungsoo, have you been making fun of?" asked Baekhyun an unexpected question.

"Er...why..all of a sudden....."

"Don't worry. I've gone through that a lot. I saw a lot of people giving you judging stares. Especially the tall boys."

"That's true." I frowned. "I don't understand why they did that. I look small and short but I do have a heart."

"I don't like being made fun of. If I could, I would punch them in the face!"

"Baekhyun-ah, you've gone through that too?"

"Oh yeah. Why wouldn't I? I'm the same height as you after all." He eye smiled.

"Why would people be so cruel? It's not our fault for being short."

"I know right? But those people are nothing. You have me and I have you. We are friends. If they ever bully you, I got my sleeves all rolled up. My muscle is quite big."

"Oh, really?" I chuckled at him. "You're just a kid."

"Wanna see?" He leaned his head closer to me.

I tickled him. "Why would I want to see yours if I have mine too?" I smirked.

"Oh....looks like someone is being cranky here."

"Yah! You don't believe me? Let's see!"

And we chased each other comparing our invisible muscle together. He's the first person to make me feel so happy at school. I will always be your friend, Byun Baekhyun.