{2}

Hardships and a Photobook
Chapter 2.
 
Quick A/N*   Okay, for those who do not understand the foreword or description or the prolouge or chapter 1, my sincere apologies, really!! Let me try to clear the mist and abstract senses now...okay..you see...in the description, Seo Eun is posting an online diary entry (or diary if you want). And in the foreword, it's about the messages that Baekhyun sends to Seo Eun. However, Seo Eun does not reply him. The foreword and description is talking about what had happened all after. In other words, starting right from Chapter 1, it is a whole  flasback.  
 
Anyway, I personally feel that when I read stories I actually put myself in the shoes of the author and try to comprehend why the author portrayed the story in such a way, or why the characters are described as such. I mean.. you should think about the story... right? As in...not just sit lifelessly and read as the words enter and exit your ears like easy water.
 
But then again, I don't want to kill or tire your brain cells if you find that this story is stupid and going nowhere...I mean, no point wrecking up when all you wanted was a simple story, right? But. 
 
Like I said. I will continue this whole-heartedly. Whether anyone likes it or not. /waves goodbye/
 
 
OKAY AND. There might be small parts of conversations of Seo Eun and her online friend @quietguy1234  popping out smoetimes nowhere of the story.
 
It is just to show how their anonymous friendship progress as they talk more and more online.
 
Thus sometimes the small bits of the conversation might not have a link with the previous conversation because they are now talking about something else, this will show how their conversation leads to one another. Understand? Please do I beg you,  I really hope you do. But don't worry. They are just small parts. /smile/ If you can't get them, I'm sorry. I'm NOT trying to be different. This is just how I portray my feelings about this story.
 
 
 


 

 
 
 
"Seo Eun-ah!" A high-pitched voice called amongst the bustling crowd of students. 
 
Seo Eun was struggling with more than 5 thick books that threatened to fall off her petite arms. All she wanted was to throw all of them into the locker and to rid the heavy load off her bag. The short-term holidays were here.
 
She turned around to see her cousin and Baekhyun standing so close that their arms touched each other. Seo Eun felt her blood rush, it was the first time that she was standing just an arm length away from Baekhyun. It was good enough to make her breathless.
 
Yet their first meeting was so undefined. 
 
"My mom wants to invite you for dinner some time soon, come okay?" Jae Yi sang.
 
Seo Eun nodded half-mindedly to her gorgeous cousin, trying her best to avoid looking at the charming boy she'd admired for a long time. Then, as though a form of bidding goodbye, Jae Yi poked Seo Eun by her sides, making Seo Eun jump, releasing the textbooks onto the floor ; onto her toes.  She wanted to yelp in pain but she definitely didn't want to make a fool out of herself in front of Baekhyun, and so she bit her lips and quirked into a smile. Seeing the poor girls' books sprawled onto the floor, Baekhyun wanted to bend down to pick some up for her, but Jae Yi happened to hook her arms with him, pull him tightly away with a chuckle, "She's my cousin, in case you're wondering." 
 
And Seo Eun felt her heart thump against her ribcage, unable to register that she had just stood an arm length across Baekhyun for the first time. She had even forgot about the pain that eroded away from her feet. Big eyed, she picked up the books on her own as the couple walked off through the packed hallway.
 
 
 
 
View 1 reply from @quietguy1234 : When did you start drawing? 
 
 
 
 
Every morning, Seo Eun had morning duties as a prefect, and she would make sure she stood behind the walls with the circular gaps, ensuring that she had at least a small round view of Baekhyun.
 
"Yah! Are you even performing your duties properly?" A mean prefect shot at her when she saw Seo Eun dazing towards the parade square. 
 
Seo Eun snapped her neck, "Yes, yes!" Then she quickly returned to doing her duties, sad that Baekhyun and his classmates were now walking away. 
 
 
 
 
Reply from @pinktips_ : @quietguy1234 : I loved drawing ever since I was a really young girl, haha!  What do you like to do?
 
 
 
 
During recess, Seo Eun would head to the lovely pavilion beside the basketball court with some friends. And over there they would chatter and laugh. But what made Seo Eun even happier was that she had a perfect view of Baekhyun playing basketball. He was so always shot the ball into the hoops without fail, earning applause from his teammates. But then Seo Eun realised she wasn't the only one watching him - Jae Yi was too.
 
Jae Yi made sure she sat on a clean ground, using her hand phone throughout the entire game, dusting her hair once in a while because of the heat. 
 
And when Baekhyun and his friends were done, she would whine at how boring it was to sit under the shade, telling Baekhyun to play Rugby instead. But Baekhyun wouldn't get irritated or upset, instead, he smiled and nodded, apologizing and offering her a custard bread he had actually saved after the game. 
 
Basketball is better than Rugby! Seo Eun thought. If I were you, I'll carry some pom poms there! She argued mentally as she watched the couple walk off the court. Silly me...what am I thinking? I should be wishing the best for my cousin...
 
 
But it was so clear to everyone. Everyone could see that Baekhyun seemed to be the one taking more initiative in the relationship than Jae Yi. He waited for her after class, texted her in the mornings and bought her her favourite food. But Jae Yi never really did anything thoughtful for Baekhyun. 
 
"Baek, are you happy with her?" Kai asked as he chewed on a burger. 
 
Happy? What kind of question is that? 
 
"Of course I am!" Baekhyun said a little louder than they all expected. 
 
Of course I am. Of course...why shouldn't I be?
 
 

 

One morning a teacher wanted to return Seo Eun a magnificent art piece that Seo Eun submitted for a competition the previous year.
 
Seo Eun had won many praises because of her art piece and the gold awards she achieved. And as she walked down the dark halls to the art room, she realised how the boards were now filled with photos and still life, all with different and unique frames. 
 
 
The photos were all taken beautifully, the lighting was perfectly adjusted, the angle was fine and right, and the message it spoke was definitely more than a thousand words. And Seo Eun slowed down her pace, soon stopping at every photograph. Then, she wondered who could ever take such splendid photos ; photos where one could have a sense of peace and awe trailing after them.
 
 
Byun Baekhyun
Photography and Arts
Class II
 
 
 
A spark lighted in her.
 
 
Seo Eun smiled proudly and felt her heart skip a beat again, simply because she saw his name printed at a corner of the frame. Just as she thought Baekhyun couldn't be any more perfect, she was proved wrong. Seo Eun checked if anyone was watching her, but it was empty and quiet. Then, she slided her hands softly against the each frame, tracing Baekhyun's printed name on the photograph, before hurrying to meet her teacher.
 
 
 
 
 
Reply from @quietguy1234 : @pinktips_ : I can't draw at all but i really I admire those who can ^^  I like taking photos, it's a hobby of mine since i was a really young boy :)