A Prologue : Lily

I Love You.

 

Lily (n. pl. lil·ies)

1. Any of various plants of the genus Lilium, having variously colored, often trumpet-shaped flowers.
2. Any of various similar or related plants, such as the day lily or the water lily.
3. The flower of any of these plants.

 

The old woman in front of me shut her lip tightly. Her eyes screamed disbelief, confusion, tiredness, sadness…. They’re molded into one. I awkwardly look away, still wandering why am I here. Who am I. Who is this woman. Why am I woken up in hospital? Why do my body feel so weak? What happened to me?

            “You… really don’t remember? “ she asked, softly. I nodded, unsure whether if it’s an answerable question or a rhetorical one. She immediately ran out from the room, for which I assume, to call doctor. I stretch my long limbs a bit, and pull the little tube that covering my nose. There, it feels better.

            Not long after, a doctor with her nurse rushed in, immediately stand beside my bed. “You’ve woken up,” he said. “How are you feeling?”

            How am I feeling? It felt weird. I felt like trapped in some world that I don’t know. I don’t have a slightest clue about my identity and the people here. “I feel okay, I guess.”

            “No headache?” he kept asking questions as the petite nurse beside him scribbled down my explanation to some paper.

            “Yes, but it’s bearable,” I played with my finger.

            “Blurry visions?”

            “Nope.”

            “Now, tell me. Do you know your name?” the doctor finally asked that one question that I’ve predicted.

            I tried to find a clue in my head. I tried to catch the remnants of information in my brain. But all went waste – they went to no avail -, “No, I don’t.”

            “Do you know who is she?” He asked as he gestured his hand to the old woman that I saw earlier.

            “No, I don’t remember anything.”

            The old woman sighed sadly. The doctor and the nurse excused themselves, muttering a good night, and left with the old woman after he told her to follow them. Now that I’m alone, my eyes wandered around the ward. It’s plain white, with some decoration here and there. Typical antiseptic aroma of hospital could be smelled everywhere, with faint aroma of flowers that scattered around the ward. Some are very big. Some are small. ‘Happy Birthday Chanyeol’ banner was hanged on the wall right behind me.

            In the table beside me, there were lots of photo frame – big ones, small ones, medium ones- filled with various picture of a man (which I assumed is me, because he exists in every photo), a big gang of man…. and me in a tux with a woman in white gown. That one frame catched my eyes. Am I married ?  Hesitantly, I reached that one frame, carefully studying it. I looked so happy, and the woman beside me was smiling beautifully too. Is she my wife?

            Referring myself as that man feels weird, because I don’t even know those people in the photos. I laid my body on to the bed, as my mind drifts off to another dream.

 

0000000000000

 

            Loud chattering could be heard through my ward, I slowly regain my senses, as those loud sounds becoming louder and louder (as if  it’s possible). I still closed my eyes, though to hear their conversations.

            “Hush, Baekkie, you’ll wake him up!” a man, with soft voice hushed his friend, ‘Baekkie’.

            “Kyungsoo! You’re joykiller! You know how much I want to see my bestie wake up again! “ the man, ‘Baekie’ slapped the ‘Kyungsoo’ ‘s part of body ( which I assume, ).

            “Kiddos!” a deep voice, with chinese-accented korean shushed the whole room quiet.  “He would wake up because of you guy’s chattering!”

            I curiously peeked from my eyes. A pair of surprised brown eyes greeted me, “HYUNG! HYUNG!” that kiddo, with blonde hair, called his ‘hyungs’. Tired from peeking with just one eye, I finally opened my both eyes.

            It was so crowded. The small ward occupied by 11 guys, who were staring at me like I’m some kind of alien. “Hel…lo?” I asked unsurely.

            “YOU’RE AWAKE!” a little man tackled me to the bed. “You really made us worried!”

            “Hey man~” a tall Chinese guy –he looked like angry bird, by the way – went to me a raised his fist, asking for a fist bump. I awkwardly raised my fist, ready to bump it with his, until he hugged me. “ We all miss you very much, Yeollie.”

            One by one, they all went to me and started to ask my conditions. I got dizzied as they kept talking at the same time.

            “Guys,” a white man – some of these guys called him Suho earlier – “give him a break, will you?”.  The noise died down, and pairs of expecting eyes made me quite intimidated.

            “So… my name’s Chanyeol?”

 


Author's Note

First chapter is up! Sorry if it's too short, you can say that it's just some prologue, but i'll update longer in later chapters ^.^

Comment on the box below :D I would be really happy to hear your thoughts about the story :D /throws bias kisses/

 

YoonTaeRi